main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Disco Jam. [Deck]

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by Hunter_Rose, Aug 20, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hunter_Rose

Hunter_Rose Jedi Youngling

Jun 22, 2001
    Disco is dead, but the Happy Funball of Death keeps on spinnin'

Non-Objective CPI

Start: (5)
    Death Star
    Prep?d Defenses
    Oppressive Enforcement/There is No Try
    Power of the Hutt
    Fanfare

Other: (3)
    Sebulba?s Pod
    CPI x2

Locations: (10)
    d*:Central Core x2
    d*:Detention Block Control Room
    d*:War Room
    Imperial Holotable
    ex:Meditation Chamber
    h: Wampa Cave
    Coruscant
    Endor
    Tattooine

Characters: (12)
    Ephant Mon
    Death Star Gunner x4
    R3-T6 x2
    U3PO
    Arica
    Darth Maul
    Vader w/Saber x2

Weapons: (3)
    Superlaser
    Mara?s Saber
    Maul?s Saber

Effects: (8)
    A Million Voices Crying Out
    Ability^3
    Come Here You Big Coward
    No Escape
    Drop
    Strategic Reserves
    Enter the Bureaurocrat x2

Interrupts: (19)
    Control x3
    Ghhhk x2
    Holonet Transmission
    Masterful Move x2
    OmniBox/It?s Worse
    Podrace Collision
    Put All Sections On Alert x2
    Sniper/Dark Strike
    This Is Some Rescue
    Twi?Lek Advisor x2
    Weapon Levitation x3

Non-Obj CPI is a very tough deck to make work. Despite my best efforts I think it'll rarely be more that a "fun" deck (Success!).

Strategies:
    The basic premise is that most LS decks run an objective which forces them to play a system. Most of thier force generation and game strategies are drawn from those locations. Remove their locations and (hopefully) their deck falls apart. Also consider that many new cards impose penalties on the oponent if they do not occupy battlegrounds. CPI removes battlegrounds from the board.
    I threw in Tatooine and Endor to contend with some popular deck types that don't require a related system.

During the entire game, you pretty much will just draw & dump cards to set up. First for your generation & superlaser (4 gunners, 3 weapon levetaion,.. the laser comes out quick!), then for the rest of your protections. You get a high destiny average pretty quick.

Power of the Hutt helps you get Ephont Mon, your spy protection (no need until you're ready to deploy a gunner). If all goes well, you'll only need to deploy 1 D* site to get going, saving the other 2 in case you need the extra D* locations for a last second CPI bonus. Jar Jar is a problem. I used to use Control/Set for Stun, but Inconsequential Barriers bulleted SFS.

Come Here You Big Coward can be very useful agains decks that rely on an abundance of "twix" locations for generation. It cancels force retrieval. as well as drains at non battlgrounds.

By continuously sending gunners to the reserve, you can get the most out of "Strategic Reserves"

Vader, Mara, and Maul are not to be used lightly. If opponents drains get out of control or if they invade the Death Star.

"Control" to regulate your opponents drains and protect your red cards at critical times. There is not Try/Opp Enforcement makes sue that a card lost to sens or Alter can come back, but sometimes you cann't affor the lapse (especially with Coward).

Ghhhk can drain at the holotable. As long as you control the holotable, you can return ghhhk to your hand at any time. Lightsaber drains and Ability^3 can ping them out in the late game.

4 decks that can give me a hard time:

1. Hidden Base (Flip). Blowing away the hidden base places the objective out of play. What hurts is the pay-to-draw. That cuts into my force worse that flipping Watch Your Step.

2. EBO, especially if they are smart enough not to deploy the Hoth system. If they ?filp? 2nd turn with a good draw, AND deduce that I have no space, they have me dead to rights. I lose unless I had a really good draw too. Not much EBO around here fortunately. Everone is big on Mains & Toys.

3. Profit. No system to start. Fast, Direct damage. Mains stick to battgrounds and use the Direct Damage to lure you in. Don't fall for it! Remove Tatooine _then_ fight, if necessary. Some Profit goes to space, but you can always kill those battlgrounds too.

4. There is Good in Him w/ scout drains. I haven?t had the time to test against it. Again, they start with no system. Rarely leasve Endor except to fight though

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.