main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Disconnect between TPM and AOTC/ROTS?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Lord Megatron, Feb 13, 2014.

1. fl00dsm0k3

fl00dsm0k3 Jedi Knight

Nov 3, 2012
    this is a good point about feeling like a stand alone films i think its because there are more differences in between the movies in the pt then the ot

2. Darth Dominikkus

Darth Dominikkus Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2013
    There's also a said time gap between TPM and ATOC: in the beginning of AOTC Anakin tells Obi-Wan that he's nervous to meet Padme again because it's been over ten years since the last time he saw her.

Iron_lord likes this.
  3. Dameron

Dameron Jedi Master star 4

Apr 8, 2014
    There are some trilogies where the first film was made alone, but they greenlit and made 2 and 3 together. The Matrix trilogy, Back to the Future, and Pirates of the Caribbean were done this way -- 1 potentially standing alone in case there was no sequel, but 2 being made with the knowledge that 3 was coming, and able to tie directly into it. Not so much a "disconnect," but definitely 2 and 3 having an objectively closer relationship.

I don't know if this is financially what happened, but this is how both Star Wars trilogies feel to me. The "Han kidnapped" cliffhanger, Luke's training with Yoda, and so on bridge V and VI just as the Clone Wars bridge II and III. (Yes, only Star Wars movies get Roman numerals in my posts.)

4. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Dave Filoni's next animated series!

But ya in response to the thread I can see where the OP is coming from, and I somewhat agree with it. However, I don't think it makes the PT any worse, just different. The actors and setting may change, but Anakin, Obi-Wan, Padme, and Sidious are all constants across the PT, no matter who is playing them or where the characters are located. It forces the audience to look past the actors and actually look at them as characters, which is interesting to me because it is so different from the OT. Two different, but equal ways of storytelling IMO.