main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Discoveries and Conversations ~ H/L, L/M~ Fluff~ Fic-Gift for DaenaBenjen42 (Authors Thanks!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by mavjade , Jan 4, 2014.

1. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Title: Discoveries and Conversations
    Author: mavjade
    Characters: Han/Leia, Luke/Mara
    Genre: Fluffy-ness
    Notes: Fic-gift for DaenaBenjen42. Her request is at the bottom.
    Whew, it's been a while since I've written anything more than drabble length so I'm a bit rusty. Not super happy with all of this, but I wanted to get it done for Daena. No beta, so I'm sure there are mistakes… apologies! I hope you enjoy!

~*~*~*~

Leia thanked the orderly as she walked into the private med unit where her brother lay, a feeling of déja vu coming over her. She wondered if the feeling would ever go away, the dread that this time her brother would not be so lucky. If she were honest with herself, the feeling began before she even knew they were siblings, when she heard Luke calling for her while hanging from the weather vane in Cloud City all those years ago.

Now as she stood beside the bed her brother was currently occupying in the med unit, she thought about all the other times she had been in this very same situation and how helpless she always felt. You could put her in a room full of politicians who where hellbent on passing laws that others thought were insane and she could manage to remain calm and collected - she knew how to handle beings who were always out for themselves- but her brother was the exact opposite. He always gave, often more than there was of him to give and it oftentimes ended up in situations such as the current one.

She did not know the exact details of just how Luke ended up here, but Han was working on getting possession of Luke's belongings that were found with him, in hopes that they might find some information.

She pulled the blanket -which was resting at Luke's waist- up to his chest and smoothed out the sides. "Why do you never think of yourself," she asked his unconscious form. Or of those who love you, she thought to herself as she smoothed down his hair. "One of these days the tables will turn and you'll know how it feels to be the one standing around having to have a one sided conversation."

"I hope not," Han said from the doorway. "it's not that I want the kid to get hurt, I just don't want it to be you either, princess."

Leia smiled at her husband. For all the times that he was sarcastic and exasperating, he had his moments of being very sweet when they were in private. Before she could comment on it, Han continued. "I was able to get his things. He has a data pad that might help us to know what he was doing."

Han sat down and began to read while Leia continued her attempts to be useful in a situation where she knew very little. She looking at the monitors and tried to feel for her brother in the Force with little result. After a short time of silence, Han's voice broke her out of her thoughts.

"Oh ho," he said with a hint of surprise in his voice.

"You've found something?" Leia asked as she sat down beside her husband.

Han grinned, "I have but I don't know if it's going to help us any."

"You never know…"

"I never knew it was possible for me to even have feelings of love," Han read from the datapad. "I thought that it was an emotion for the weak."

"Han!" Leia interrupted with a controlled exclamation, "That's clearly private."

He continued to read, ignoring his wife's objections, "But over time you have showed me that love is not for the weak, but for the strong."

Suddenly, the fresher door opened, "That's enough!"

"Jade," Han said with a smile, "I never knew you had it in you."

Mara stormed over to Han and ripped the datapad out of his hands, "That's… I…."

"Mara Jade, speechless," Han continued to taunt, "two surprises in one day. WIll wonders never cease?"

Mara sighed and walked over to where Luke still lay, oblivious to the ongoings of the room. "I guess the pittin is out of the bag, farmboy." She, like Leia before attempted to get Luke's hair to lay down while reaching out to him in the Force.

"So how long has this been going on?" Leia asked walking to the other side of Luke's bed. If you would have asked her just a few hours earlier what she thought of Mara Jade, Leia would not have had much of an opinion. When they initially met, Leia could not deny that she was very wary of the other woman, between the fact that she had worked for the Emperor and the apparent need to kill her brother. But over time, Mara had shown herself to be a ally, someone you could usually count on to be there when you needed her. She was much like her beloved Han when they first met.

Leia wanted to think her brother could do better, but the way Mara was looking at him now, she knew that there was no other if Luke felt even half as strongly as Mara clearly did.

"A while," Mara answered as to how long they had been together. "He asked me to marry him right before he left for this trip."

Leia tried to keep the obvious shock from her face, but she found she did not know what to say, which was just as rare as as what her husband had accused Mara of just a short while ago. It was not a feeling she was used to, being speechless, luckily Han came to the rescue as usual.

"Wait," he said having been quite trying to figure out how he felt about the entire situation. "So you and Luke have been dating for, as you put it, a while and he's asked you to marry him while his family knows nothing about it? I'm finding this all a little hard to believe."

"I don't care what you believe, Solo."

"You should," Han replied, "We could have you removed from here."

"I'd like to see you try!"

"How about we all calm down," Leia interrupted the argument that was very quickly turning ugly. "Han, let's let her tell us how it happened." She turned back to Mara and gestured that she should elaborate.

Mara realize that in order to be accepted by the people closest to Luke, she would have to try and open up to them. Even with just the thought of the word try, she felt as though she could hear Luke repeating the old adage told to him by Master Yoda and she could almost feel his smile he always had while saying it.

Taking a deep breath she began, "It was my fault he never told you. Initially I didn't want anyone to know -mostly out of fear, I suppose- but over time it became a mutual feeling. We didn't want the scrutiny of being the Imperial and the Rebel joining together. We talked about telling you both but Luke was unsure of your reactions and wanted to wait. But the longer we waited the harder it became to say anything."

She looked down at Luke, her hand brushing barely over the slight stubble that was starting to grow on his jaw. "The night before he left for this mission we were watching a holovid that neither of us was really paying attention to when he turned to me, seemingly out of no where and said, 'Marry me'. I'll admit, I was shocked. He immediately told me I didn't have to answer right away but that he wanted me to think about it before I answered. I agreed to consider it, we went to bed and he left the next day.

What you were reading on the data pad was my answer I sent him a few days later. I pondered on it, thinking I really wasn't the marrying the but then I realized I couldn't see going back to a life without him right beside me, for him to have a life with someone else besides me. I thought about waiting to tell him until he got back, but I couldn't. Not because I was afraid I would change my mind, but because nothing else felt right.

I don't know if he got it or not."

Leia smiled and walked around the bed to envelop Mara into a hug. "Welcome to the family, Mara."

"Don't welcome me yet," Mara said as she stepped back from the hug. "Farmboy here has to stop being lazy and wake up."

"He will," Leia said, smiling. "This is one of the best med centers in this sector."

"No, he'll wake up because he has a promise to keep and he knows what I'll do if he breaks it."

"Hear that kid," Han said as he stood to join the women at Luke's bedside. "You better come back to us soon, I can't handle them both without ya."

Leia laughed, the feeling of dread from earlier had not gone away -she doubted it ever would- but she felt better knowing Mara Jade would be by her brothers side for years to come. Mara may not be able to keep him out of trouble, but Leia knew Mara would be there fighting along side him, making him realize he wasn't invincible and giving him someone to always come home to. At the very least, she wouldn't be the only one having a one sided conversation with him.

~Fin

~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~​

Daena's Fic-gift Request:

I want a story in Beyond with
    1. a closed 'fresher door
    2. a datapad which reveals something a character did not not know about another character
    3. a blanket
    4. situational angst of author's choosing
    5. a character, also of author's choosing who is in a scene, but only as a silent witness and/or out cold/sleeping/unconscious... or both.
    I do not want: anyone dying
    Characters: (not limited to) Han and Leia
    I would like to write for Beyond or Saga

2. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999
    Very sweet!

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  3. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Very nice! Excellent story! =D=

4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    A great story. Love how you write Mara

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    mavjade -- :D :D Delightful & sweet read. You, rusty? The characterizations were on the dot! :) Especially Leia's concern, Mara's snark (loved her vulnerability too), and also Han's reactions, very much IC. Fits greatly in Daena's AU of L/M not telling at first. @};-

6. Demendora

Demendora Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 9, 2010
    Oh, Luke will be surprised when he wake up to a new family. It was lovely!

7. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    For it being a long time since writing anything but drabbles, this is sheer awesomeness! [:D] Thank you, Mav!!!! [:D]

Reading it a second time after I saw the lack of Beta notice, I noticed something: http://englishplus.com/grammar/00000106.htm

He continued to read, ignoring his wife's objections, "But over time you have showed me that love is not for the weak, but for the strong."

Suddenly, the fresher door opened, "That's enough!"

"Jade," Han said with a smile, "I never knew you had it in you."

Hee!!!

Well done and thank you, Mav, for the fic-gift. [:D]

8. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    This was wonderful! Even if my fic-gift doesn't get written, this will do nicely as a substitute! =D=

9. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    I really enjoyed this story; especially the banter between Han and Mara.

10. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Thanks to everyone who read and a big thanks and a hug to those who left comments! [:D] I'm hoping the muse decides to continue to grace me with her presence like she did on this one! :)

taramidala - Thanks for reading and commenting!

Jedi_Lover - Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed it!

earlybird-obi-wan - Thanks! I love writing Mara so I'm glad you like how I write her. :)

Nyota's Heart - Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it! I was especially worried about Han in this so I'm glad you mentioned his reactions.

Demendora - LOL, I'm sure it would be a bit overwhelming… not to mention his sister probably will still be upset with him for not telling her! ;) Thanks for reading!

Daena- Thank YOU! I knew I should have looked up how quotes in multiple pharagraps go… I thought I knew but wasn't sure and I decided to just go with it and hope I was right. Whoops! Hopefully it didn't pull you out of the story! I'm so glad you enjoyed it. :)

PonyTricks - Thank you so much! I'm happy you enjoyed reading it… but I'm glad you got your own fix-gift too! ;)

Gemma- Thank you! I've always enjoyed Han and Mara bantering but I'm usually nervous writing it so I'm glad it worked!

11. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Dang, how did I miss this?? I love 'secret relationship revealed' fics!! Could eat them up with a spoon. Luke will be one happy guy when he wakes up, surrounded by his family!! [face_love]