main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq Discovery Channel/Animal Planet Star Wars Specials

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by ObeyTheFist, May 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ObeyTheFist

ObeyTheFist Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2004
    On Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday at 8pm the Discovery Channel will be showing a special called "The Science of Star Wars" on how the movie Star Wars has influenced science...

and Wednesday (set your recorders!) the Animal Planet will be showing a special on the creatures/animals of star wars - including the evolution of Wookies!

2. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    I saw them advertising these tonight. they look good. the thing on discovery is the same thing all three nights right?

3. skyra

skyra Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 9, 2001
    I saw the ads for them during Alien Planet last night. Same time every night, 6pm and 9pm, plus the Animal Planet one comes on at 7pm Wednesday night. It is listed in the TV guide as "Animal Icons" and it does say something about SW in the little blurb underneath the title.

4. Qui-Gon-Matt

Qui-Gon-Matt Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2005
    oooooh sounds cool. Sometimes I hate working nights. Even if I record them I never get a chance to watch them until the weekend.

5. skyra

Dec 9, 2001
    Yeah, I know what you mean, I used to work nights a few years back. I still tape stuff and wait until the weekend or a few days later.

6. black_8ight

black_8ight Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2004
    I would loved to see that but no Discovery Channel or Animal Planet :(

7. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    they usually sell all their shows and if they sell this series I will be purchasing...

8. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    anyone watch last night? It was on droids, it was okay, not great but tonight is vehicles...

9. SithLordAaron

SithLordAaron Jedi Youngling star 3

May 21, 2002
    I'm watching right now. This guy built a jet engine on a hovercraft and sits on the engine like a speeder bike.

10. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    yeah tonights was pretty awesome!

tomorrow they are discussing the military and religion or something like that.

11. skyra

Dec 9, 2001
    I love seeing all the ingenuity and perservance that these people have, trying to make things that make people's lives better, like the IBOT wheelchair, and that cool car from Toyota. Man, I want one of those!
    And, that spaceship that one guy is building he named after the Millenium Falcon. Science is so cool.

12. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    They are rerunning the one that played Wednesday at the moment. They are discussing the military and the Shoalin Monks... and they just mentioned an interesting tidbit that I did not know and I find interesting.

The in the 1700s an Emporer destroyed the Saholin Monks and only 5 were left alive to continue the traditions.

hum....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.