main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Discuss/Regrade the Episode: S03E01: Clone Cadets

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Mar 10, 2013.

?

Regrade this please

1. 10/10

25.8%
  2. 9/10

29.0%
  3. 8/10

12.9%
  4. 7/10

12.9%
  5. 6/10

12.9%
  6. 5/10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 4/10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3/10

6.5%
  9. 2/10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Except no, they actually did. They just also added that Shaak Ti wouldn't stand for that continued cruelty under the Jedi's watch, and the customer is always right. The Kaminoans are heartless eugenicists, it's part of their culture; culling defective clones is what they did before the Jedi got involved, and it's what they do again once the Jedi are wiped out.

2. CaptainRex115

CaptainRex115 Jedi Padawan star 3

Jan 11, 2013
    Well 99 was in the episode. so no, they obviously didnt agree with you. "99 should have never existed" clearly he did and im glad they made him

3. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    99 was in the episode to give it a "Here is a lesson the kids can learn!" part of the episode.

4. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Is that so wrong?

CaptainRex115 likes this.
  5. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    It's annoying because it's not realistic to the situation 99 would really be in.

6. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Yeah, also, the recycling might have happened even earlier than that. After Jango basically threatened the Kaminoans with walking out of the contract if they killed the Nulls, they were probably more cautious. Maybe keep someone deformed like 99 around to show that they "care" about the Clones, while still doing their euthanizing behind closed doors.

That's actually kind of sadistic. Keep one poor sod alive as a means of promoting good publicity wihle you cover up the other euthanized clones existence.

7. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Such an amazing episode. This is my favorite "Clone interactions" episode. So many great character moments, awesome dialogue....

This episode really made me care for the characters in it. I loved the positive and negative character interactions... like the Bric vs the clones, Shaak Ti and the clones, Shaak Ti and Lama Su, Hevy and 99 - awesome scenes!

10 out of 10...

8. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I gave this one a generous 3/10.

Details in the Discussion of Old TCW Episodes thread.

Good points: Shaak Ti, the discussion of the philosophy on whether the clones are human and individuals or not, and the ending with Hevy and 99. Plus seeing how the clones got their names.

9. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    10/10

+Kamino was beautiful
    +Shaak Ti was brilliant
    +Lama Su and Shaak Ti's conversation
    +The training sequences
    +Story was compact and worked well
    +99
    +Delta Squad getting their names
    +Bric and El-Les were interesting
    +Voice acting
    +"The enemy won't play fair either."

Bit clichéd, but really works. I loved revisiting Delta Squad.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  10. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Delta Squad?

11. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    I meant Domino, silly me.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  12. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    I rewatched it earlier this week and it is still a great episode and a solid proper introduction to the Domino Squad troopers. I definitely like that we got to see clone training on Kamino, the two bounty hunters El-Les and Bric were pretty cool, the inclusion of Shaak Ti was great (and she shared a nice scene with Lama Su), Commander Colt had quite a bit of presence & I really liked the interactions and character building of Domino Squad. Speaking of 99, the defective clone and resident janitor of the training facility, I really liked his character and how he formed a mentor-type bond with Hevy; he was essentially the heart of the episode. There was also some really good dialogue and while maybe some things were a bit clichéd as some of you say, I didn't really mind it at all. Lastly, it definitely feels like this episode should have aired in season 1 instead of it's chronological sequel 'Rookies' and vice versa.

9/10

13. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    9/10

+ Shaak Ti was great; was nice to see where she was all this time
    + Lama Su was great as well. I was a bit doubtful at first that they'd put him in, but I'm really glad they did.
    + The training exercise really stood out to me. Seeing the clones perform the course were probably some of my favorite scenes in this episode.
    + Great to finally see the origins of the "Rookies" clones.
    + This episode gave me a greater appreciation of "Rookies."
    + I thought it was neat seeing bounty hunters help take charge of clone trooper training.

- Plot was a bit predictable, but oh well.