main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Discuss/Regrade the Episode: S03E03: Supply Lines

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Mar 25, 2013.

?

Please grade this episode

1. 10/10

4.8%
  2. 9/10

9.5%
  3. 8/10

23.8%
  4. 7/10

19.0%
  5. 6/10

28.6%
  6. 5/10

4.8%
  7. 4/10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3/10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2/10

4.8%
  10. 1/10

4.8%
  1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Episode 3.3!! Supply Lines
    I'm gonna die bro!

[​IMG]
    "Where there's a will there's a way"

Ryloth is under siege. Trapped on the surface, Jedi Master Di rallies the local forces with the help of Cham Syndulla. Desperate to save them, the Jedi Council dispatches Senator Bail Organa and Representative Jar Jar Binks to the planet Toydaria, where they are to convince the neutral regent, King Katuunko, to send aid to Ryloth. Bail and Jar Jar must convince Toydaria that their cause is just -- before it's too late. Trade Federation envoy Lott Dod attempts to prevent the Toydarians from giving up their neutrality. Katuunko follows his conscience and secretly aids the Republic, which Jar Jar is able to keep secret from the snooping Trade Federation agents with his inimitable distractions.

Now that you've rewatch the episode lets regrade it. Feel free to discuss as much as you like.

CaptainRex115 likes this.
  2. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I have it an 8/10, I thought it was a great episode that had it's good moments, but also had a few slow moments that brought my score down. I thought Ima-Gun Di was a great character and I would've liked to see more of him, I thought his final fight scene was good, but quite stupid at the same time considering that he could've easily jumped out of the circle of battle droids and escaped. I thought the Jar Jar humour was pretty funny, and I always think he adds some great humour to all of the episodes he's in. Maybe if Ima-Gun Di and Captain Keeli had defeated a whole lot of the battle droids in an epic battle scene, and then managed to escape, it might've been an 8.5/10 or a 9/10 for me.

3. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    I thought this was better than ARC Troopers; politics and warfare should have mixed more like this in episodes. I also enjoyed the return of Katuunko, who TCW actually gave a nice little arc as a recurring character.

4. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    9/10

Good episode

5. CaptainRex115

CaptainRex115 Jedi Padawan star 3

Jan 11, 2013
    Rewatching this episode was a blast...

Positives

+Katunnko, awesome character

+Bail organa having a lead role and being an awesome character, like his VA as well

+The politics in this episode was actually very interesting

+Seeing the Toydarian Council

+Lott Dott & Jar Jar interacting. Very funny

+Jar Jar in general

+Nemodian dude clapping really loud for Jar jar then getting the stink eye from Lott... LOL

+The battle on Ryloth was great

+"Gotcha"....BOOM

+ImaGun Di & Keeli's last stand was epic. One of my favorite clone wars scenes of all time. It's like the clone wars Battle of Thermopoli.

Negatives

-Jar jar's voice actor was a bit annoying at times. I liked when they brought back his Ahmed Best for jar jar in certain episodes like season 1 and 5

-Naming a dude "Ima-Gun Di" aka "im gona die".... more original next time...

Overall - 10/10

Overall, this was an amazing episode. It's easily one of my favorites in the show, and one of the most memorable. The story was simplistic and was all concluded nicely in a single episode. See if this were in S5 it would have been dragged out into a 4 part arc. Like Jack said, this episode was a perfect mix of action & politics. On top of that, it was funny too, and had a great set of characters. Despite my little nit picks, this episode is still near flawless and deserves the 10/10 ranking I bestow upon it. At the end there we get a little hint they might return with a bail vs lott storyline when lott says "next time you wont be so lucky". but sadly, we will never know.

So far i've given the first 3 episodes of season 3 10/10's. Definitely a contender with season 2 for the strongest start of a season. However it drops from here. Looking ahead we've got Sphere on influence, corruption, and the academy... so brace yourself, rough road ahead.

6. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    6/10. I really had a hard time getting past Jar Jar in this episode. Master Di and Captain Keeli's last stand was the only redeeming part of this episode IMO.

Seerow likes this.
  7. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    8/10. Jar-Jar's insertion into this one was so stupid that I had to laugh.

More commentary here .

8. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    6/10, I like the subplot with Ima-Gun-Di and Captain Keeli alot. One of TCW's most epic last stands. Its really sad. I actually like Gun-Di alot despite the name. He's like I imagine a Jedi should be, heroic and selfless to the bitter in. Then lets not forget Keeli who gets faceplanted by grenade and gets back up, that't just badass. Fun episode. However I am less amused by the Bail/Jar Jar part of the episode which played up diplomacy with Looney Tune antics in a bad way.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  9. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    I liked this one. The Ryloth stuff with Ima-Gun Di and Captain Keeli were the best parts of the episode (the last stand was pretty cool) and I liked that Cham Syndulla from the Ryloth trilogy in Season 1 was in this one. I enjoyed the Toydaria sequences as well, perhaps especially the scenes with Bail and Lott Dodd; it was nice to see King Katuunko again and Jar Jar wasn't too bad here. Not a great episode but definitely entertaining.

7/10

Seerow likes this.
  10. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Wow, I was about to give this episode a "1", then I remembered Ima-Gun-Di's amazing last stand. I haven't seen this episode in forever.

6/10.

11. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    +Ryloth conflict and Ambush got a nice little exposition
    +Jar-Jar was used well
    +Captain Keeli = BADASS
    +I liked Ima-Gun, despite the name
    +Katuunko was a good character, I'm assuming they brought him back to give his eventual death in the season a bit more weight
    +Toydaria looked great as always
    +Nice to see Bail Organa at the frontlines
    +The Twi'leks can fight back

-The name "Ima-Gun Di"; it's not even remotely clever like "Voldemort" (which is one of my favorite fictional names, like, ever), it's just "Wow, we're going to kill this guy off, get it, because that's his name. Huh, huh? Why aren't you laughing yet? IT'S FUNNY!"
    -Jar-Jar was written well, but the voice sometimes is just a bit grating...
    -Why was it necessary to introduce two really cool characters and kill them both off in twenty-two minutes?

An average 7/10.

Seerow and CT-867-5309 like this.
  12. Darth_Foo

Darth_Foo Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    One of the few times Jar-Jar has made me laugh. And no I'm not happy to admit that!

13. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    This episode was a total snoozefest. 2/10 with the only redeeming element being Ima-Gun-Di's last stand.

14. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    7/10

I liked this episode well enough. Ima Gun Di's last stand is pretty epic, and Jar Jar was legitimately funny. I liked the portrayal of Lot Dod as just another politician. Note- he never once lies, he just simply draws misleading conclusions based upon the truth in order to mislead the Toydarians. Some good animation in this ep. Nice shot of the Jedi Temple that one time.

And still, as bad as this Jedi's name is, it's nowhere near as bad as Master Bayts. [face_plain]

15. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    This episode screwed up whether the Tantive IV was in RotS, so I don't particularly care one bit about this episode.

16. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Watching all three of his episodes in IU chronological order - Supply Lines / Ambush / Witches of the Mist - is a pretty great and varied ride. I've done it and highly recommend it!

17. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    It was ok. ImaGun Di could have just force pushed all the droids away like Mace Windu did on Dantooine.

18. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Keep in mind that the original Clone Wars series greatly exaggerated the force powers of the Jedi.

19. CaptainRex115

CaptainRex115 Jedi Padawan star 3

Jan 11, 2013
    LOL.... with that logic, Windu alone could have won the battle on the geonosis arena. With the help of Yoda, Kenobi, Anakin and 200+ of the best jedi in the order they could have easily won the battle without even trying.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  20. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    As shocking as it may sound, Jar Jar did not take away from the awesomeness of the episode. IMO this is the episode that has used Jar Jar in the rightest way possible.

Grievousdude and AkashKedavra_93 like this.
  21. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    That made sense to me though since Mace is made out to be one of the top Jedi.