main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Discuss/Regrade the Episode: S04E02: Gungan Attack

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Orrelios, Oct 6, 2013.

?

How would you rate this one?

1. 10/10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 9/10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 8/10

20.0%
  4. 7/10

20.0%
  5. 6/10

40.0%
  6. 5/10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 4/10

20.0%
  8. 3/10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2/10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Episode 4.02 - Gungan Attack
    Reinforcements from Naboo!

[​IMG]

"Only through fire is a strong sword forged."

Anakin Skywalker and the rest of his Jedi team have been overrun by the Separatist surprise attacks led by Riff Tamson while Prince Lee-Char and Ahsoka must evade capture on their own. Unable to summon more Republic aid, Yoda calls upon the help of the powerful and amphibious Gungan Grand Army, but whether they will be enough to stop the Separatist siege is uncertain. An incensed Tamson doubles his efforts in tracking down Prince Lee-Char, unleashing the reinforcements given to him by Count Dooku in an assault that churns the oceans.

http://starwars.com/explore/the-clone-wars/ep402/#!/about
    Now let's regrade and discuss this episode!

2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
  3. Mzukiller

Mzukiller Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 5, 2012
    Woohoo Gungans! The most shoehorned race of them all!

Are you seriously telling me that in all the Galaxy, there's only 2 underwater races the Republic can call on for assistance?

4. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    This was a rather forgettable episode. Sure, there was some nice underwater action involving the Jedi and some great visuals, as with the previous episode, but the plot was thin and I wasn't fond of the decision to use the Gungans as the underwater race to assist the beleaguered Mon Calamari. More Jar Jar, yay... I'll keep this review short, for once.

I liked how Anakin was able to collapse the entire planetary scanning facility using only the Force, one of those instances in TCW that really showed just how powerful the Chosen One was with the Force. Not digging Count Dooku's decision to enslave all of the Mon Calamari, including the women and children, For the Evulz. But that's par for the course with Dooku's characterization, so nothing new. Also, Riff Tamson easily disarming and then defeating Kit Fisto, while unarmed as usual? I liked how the Separatist Trident ships churned the water around the combatants, using turbulence to disorient the good guys and ensnare all but Ahsoka and Lee-Char. LOL at Meena Tills and Jar Jar hugging each other at the end...

So all in all, this episode was light on plot but heavy in action, and I wasn't thrilled by a Gungan army coming to the rescue. I gave this episode a 6/10.