main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discuss your top 10 of all time.

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by JediStarKiller2, Jun 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediStarKiller2

JediStarKiller2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 5, 2006
    We have threads around here for many SW games and many non-SW games. But there's no where to post, talk about, and compare everyone's top ten lists. I want to see if any SW fans include any SW games on their top ten and I'm just curious what everyone else's top ten video game list looks like. So let us reflect on great games and memories...

Someone start the first top ten list posts...

2. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    There's a reason for that. [face_plain]

Just kidding. It's called the Lounge. :p

[face_plain]
    Wait!
    Who talks about video games there?

Just kidding! Anyway, I suck at top ten lists. Maybe later.

3. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    RE: Discuss your top 10 of all time.

I'm not going to discuss them but...

1. Tammy
    2. Brigid
    3. Sarah
    4. Kate
    5. Kristin
    6. Jenny
    7. (Random English chick)
    8. Emma
    9. Bridgit
    10. Lisa

4. JediStarKiller2

Apr 5, 2006
    o_O

Let's not discourage those who don't have enough to make a top ten of all time...

But I'd personally put Kate before Brigid.

5. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Sarah's overrated.

6. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    1. E.T. (Atari 2600)
    2. Bad Dudes (NES)
    3. Stunt Race FX (SNES)
    4. Where's Waldo (NES)
    5. Zelda: The Wand Of Gamelon (CD-i)
    6. Superman 64 (N64)
    7. Custer's Revenge (Atari 2600)
    8. Army Men (PS1)
    9. Yoda Stories (PC)
    10. Tie between every Virtual Boy game

7. JediStarKiller2

Apr 5, 2006
    Now it's the worst...

But I'd say put Superman 64 before everything...along with karate kid for NES.

8. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    Top 10 People who don't like being beaten at GBG and go off about it until your ears explode.

1. Connemara
    2. Kartaynm
    3. Sesfan
    4. Connemara
    5. Flare
    6. Chim
    7. Rebecca
    8. Connemara
    9. Venture
    10. Connemara

9. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    I'd have though, on rumour alone, that Connemara would have made your list SC.

E_S

10. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Your post makes as much sense as a sharp stick in my eye.

11. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    A sharp stick in your eye makes perfect sense.

12. JediStarKiller2

Apr 5, 2006
    Sharp stick in eye=no eye.

13. TheOneX

TheOneX Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2005
    What the heck.

1. Mech Assault Series
    2. Halo Series
    3. SW:BAttlefront Series
    4. KotOR Series
    5. Super Smash Bros. Series
    6. Mario Kart Series
    7. PGR Series
    8. SW: Rogue Squardron Series
    9. Civilization Series
    10. Mario (yes you guessed it) Series

14. JediStarKiller2

Apr 5, 2006
    Someone actually posted them! It is rather hard to resist it for long...=D=

I'd say the Mario series deserves to be higher up on the list.

15. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    You're asking people their opinion, then you tell them they should have their order differently. Classic. I loev n00bs.

16. Drew_Atreides

Drew_Atreides Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    1. Wing Commander III: The Heart of the Tiger
    2. X-Wing
    3. Tie Fighter
    4. Privateer 2: the Darkening
    5. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
    6. Starcraft
    7. Street Fighter 2: Championship Edition
    8. Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight
    9. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
    10. Mega Man II

17. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    I see lots of listing but very little in the way of discussing.

18. JediStarKiller2

Apr 5, 2006
    I'm just saying I would have placed the Mario higher. I'm not telling him what he should...that's were the discussing comes in. noobs? o_O Gimme a break.

19. Carnage04

Carnage04 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 8, 2005

My favorite games of all time.

1. The Elder Scrolls III - Morrowind.
    When I purchased my XBOX I was disappointed with the so called "Role Playing/Adventure" games out there....games like Azurik. This damn $300 Pentium III power machine has nothing to offer an RPGer?? Along comes Morrowind and hours and hours of my time are wasted. For the first time I felt TRULY immersed in a gaming world......a world where I could do what i want (I still do not have ES IV.....so.....)

2. Civilization 1-2-3-4. Back in the day, I had my Nintendo, I had a commadore 64 for BBSing and programming...I was happy. My friend had a PC and Civilization. I saved up for a computer for the purpose of playing Civ. I have sunk many many hours into the series every since. The historical, strategic, and overall coolness of the series never dies for me.

3. The Legend of Zelda - I was young when I first played and it was the driving force behind my reading the LoTR series and get into D&D and other gaming. Huge effect on my life.

4. KoTOR 1 & 2 - Role playing? Star Wars? New Worlds? New Stories? Puzzles? No need for leet skills? Are you kidding me? This game is great.

5. Halo I - Halo 2 failed where Halo 1 succeeded. The XBOX Halo LAN party become the group indoor activity of choice for two years. I hate shooters. Most of my friends hate shooters.....for some reason this didn't feel like Quake or Unreal...it felt intense in a real way. Enter Halo 2. It felt Intense in a Quake way. Halo 2 has been in my XBOX 5 times total.

6. Tie Fighter - X-Wing is a little slow....Tie Fighter is awesome. I was determined to play the game with no cheats (Invulnerable, Unlimited missles) and become the empire's best pilot. Are the graphics stunning? No. Is the story line earth shattering? No. Is it just damn fun? Yes.

7. Super Mario Brothers - The moment I saw Super Mario brothers at a local arcade I KNEW that I had to get a Nintendo. I wanted to play that game all the time. It sealed my fate as a gamer.

8. Final Fantasy for NES - A more true RPG than Zelda, Final Fantasy continued to indulge my need for RPGs.

9. Galactic Empire/Mutants - My first experiences with multiplayer gaming....they were text games on old BBS systems. Playing video games alone is fun, but playing video games with others is even more fun. Although I am not a MMoRPG fan at this time, playing these games in small groups was awesome.

10. Any other video game. Video games rule.

Carnage

20. Commander_Red

Commander_Red Jedi Youngling

Aug 21, 2005
    So, top 10 huh.

1. Dynasty Warriors Series- Ancient Chinese Warriors charging into battle, these games are fun, the story is based on the Three Kingdoms Period during the fall of the Han Dynasty, I just love killing hordes of soldiers, and getting over 1000 k.o.s

2. Time Splitters Series- One of the underrated fps, Excellent multiplayer, Virus modes is way fun. The story only gets good in the 3rd installment, just fun to play with 4 people.

3. Crash Bandicoot Series- Rivals Mario and once the mascot of Sony. The recent games are good but the ones made by Naughty Dog are the best.

4. Mortal Kombat Series- Classic fighting game, I still own Trilogy, the 3d games have a broken fighting engine but it's still good.

5. Freedom Fighters- Very good game, alas it was too short, squad based game, waiting for it's sequel.

6. Grand Theft Auto Series- Fun, kill people, roam.

7. Star Wars Battlefront Series- You play as a soldier!!

8. Romance Three Kingdoms Series- Startegic version Dynasty Warriors.

9.Def Jam Series- Brawl of rappers and other people.

10. Warcraft 3- I like making maps in Warcraft and playing it online.

21. Squishy_Vic

Squishy_Vic Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2004
    1. Halo series (XBOX)
    2. Knights of the Old Republic series (XBOX)
    3. Battlefront II (XBOX)
    4. Mertroid series (GBA)
    5. NFL Madden series (MAC/PS2/XBOX)
    6. Metal Gear Solid series (PS2/XBOX)
    7. World Cup series (PC/PS2)
    8. Fuzion Frenzy (XBOX)
    9. Brothers in Arms series (XBOX)
    10. Pokemon series (GBA)

22. Rouge_Jedi_Guardian

Rouge_Jedi_Guardian Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2005
    Well here it is.

1.KOTOR sereis
    2.Elder scrols III morrowind
    3.grand theft auto series
    4.Hitman series
    5.Metal gear solid sereis
    6.Onijmoushu sereis
    7.Soul caliber sereis
    8.Tony hawks sereis
    9.Tom clancys sereis ( all games with "Tom Clancy's" in the begining)
    10.Megaman sereis

I can't realy say only the KOTOR sereis is number one, I like all the star wars games but the KOTOR sereis is definitaly #1.
    even though I can't play it anymore (Xbox died, don't think i can get a new one)

23. Anakin_Sockwalker

Anakin_Sockwalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2005
    In no particular order (and am not putting series together):

1. Half-Life 1
    2. Half-Life 2
    3. Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2
    4. Fallout 2
    5. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
    6. Battlefield 2 (or the last I played it, which was like months ago, I heard they did a lot of changes)
    7. Homeworld
    8. Civilization II
    9. Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II (I think that's the one)
    10. ZZT (a weird little game)

24. Drew_Atreides

Drew_Atreides Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    1. Wing Commander III: The Heart of the Tiger: I have played no other game from beginning to end thru as many times as this one. One of the first games to really be an interactive movie, the cutscenes ALWAYS made the hell of completing a mission worthwhile. Everything from the story to the prestige of being on top of the killboard just give you SUCH a feeling of satisfaction.

2. X-Wing: No game have i ever found more challenging. This is where i took that step from casual gamer to hardcore gamer. I still hold my rank of General with pride.

3. Tie Fighter: Easier then X-wing was by far, but man was that story great. The mission where your entire posse turns on you and you HAVE to call in reinforcements to win is a classic.

4. Privateer 2: the Darkening: Would probably be higher on the list if it weren't so buggy. Great story. Cool actors. A multitude of ships and weapons to try. The game could be played over numerous times simply to try all the ships. Love it, even though i've never beaten it (stupid bugs that crop up later on in the game are bloomin' frustrating).

5. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time: Most jaw-dropping game that i've ever played. Truly a classic.

6. Starcraft: Best multiplayer game ever made. Still solid today, because it can run on pretty much ANY machine.

7. Street Fighter 2: Championship Edition: First game that i really played on a regular basis in the arcade. The day it came out for the SNES was one of the best gaming days of my life. YOU COULD PLAY THE ARCADE GAME AT HOME!

8. Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight: How can you make DARK FORCES better? Adding a lightsaber.

9. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City: I'm a child of the 80's. What can i say? Don't mess with Tommy Vercetti.

10. Mega Man II: First console game to really capture my interest. I was the master of the Metal Man stage.

25. Kyptastic

Kyptastic VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    10. Rome: Total War

It's taken me a while to get used to, but I can't stop playing at the moment. I'll always say that I will finish on this turn and then I'll find something else to do and end up playing for another hour.

9. Age of Mythology and Expansion

While no Age of Empires the story and upgrades made this an interesting game, something which I feel Age of Empires lacks

8. Donkey Kong Series

First game I had for Gameboy was Donkey Kong Land. That and it's sequals kept my gameboy in my palms until an even greater love came along

7. Warcraft 1-3

To be honest, I don't love the battle system and tech tree of this game, but the story/saga is one of the best in RTS's

6. Goldeneye

Best FPS shooter I ever played, and the simplicity of the multiplayer let me clock up many hours trying to kill my sister whilst she sttod over the body armour.

5. KOTOR Series

Unlike most people, I had no problems with KOTOR 2's storyline. I found it much more deep and intricate than the original, even with the lost final act. Both games are excellent and are the best RPG's that I have played (although to be fair, I haven't played that many)

4. Mario Kart 64

Go Karts, Mario and squishing a shrunken Bowser under your tyre. Enough Said.

3. Ratchet and Clank 1-3

My Favorite series for Playstation 2. It has a special something for me, which I think is a credit to the writers with the ability to make me laugh out loud whilst playing a game.

2. Pokemon

I think I singe handedly kept the local two dollar shop in business buying batteries for my gameboy so I could catch 'em all. I have at least two of the games from each generation and whilst they have all been excellent, the magic I felt when playing Pokemon Blue for the first couple of times is now lost to me, sadly. But the memory of that magic remains, nonetheless.

1. Age of Empires 2 and Expansion

First off, I love the time in history when this is set and the history included in the game got me through a few history classes. Secondly, I love the individual tech tree's of each nation. Thirdly, I love the maps. I just love this game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.