main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discuss your top 10 of all time.

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by JediStarKiller2, Jun 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SarlaccsDinnerParty

SarlaccsDinnerParty Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 11, 2006
    Thats way to hard ranking the top 10 games of all time:_| Here are the ones that truly made my days for the better that I can think of right now:-B

1. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (XBOX-360) Not finished yet but truly the best game I have ever played. It takes a great game to steal the nr.1 spot from Ocarina of time IMO.
    2. Zelda: Ocarina of time (N64)
    3. Goldeneye (N64)
    4. Zelda: A Link to the past (SNES)
    5. Half life (PC)
    6. Metal gear solid 3: Snake eater (PS2)
    7. Super Mario Bross 3 (NES)
    8. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (PS2)
    9. Super Mario (N64)
    10. Gears of war (XBOX-360) Just got it and WHAT an amazing action game.

I have been a hardcore gamer since I was 9 and am now 20. I have played like hundreds of games and there are probably some that should be in the top 10 that I cant remember right now[face_blush] All the games from 2-9 was THE big deal when they came out and means alot to me.

2. Galaxie_Star

Galaxie_Star Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 27, 2005
    1. Final Fantasy X
    2. Zelda: Ocarina of Time
    3. Counter-Strike Source
    4. Knights of the old republic
    5. GTA san andreas
    6. Zelda Majora's Mask
    7. Final Fantasy X-2
    8. Xenosaga Episode III: Also spratch Zarathustra
    9. Concker's bad fur day (N64)
    10. Tony Hawk pro skater 2

3. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Here are my top 3. Building a top 5 list is way too hard for me, much less a top 10.

[b]3. Kingdom Hearts/Kingdom Hearts II - PS2[/b]

Wow, what a great duo of video games. The best story I've ever witness unfold with some of the most memorable characters ever to grace my sight, from the moral, gallant Sora to the slick, often arrogant Riku. The gameplay is amazingly fun, the best I've seen, and only improves with the second installment. Though I undoubtedly will have to, I cannot wait for the third installment of this franchise, and only hope that it doesn't end there.

[b]2. Donkey Kong Country - SNES[/b]

Along with Super Mario World, this is one of the first video games I've ever played, and one of the best. The graphics, the characters, the worlds, everything is just done so well, and really has the stuff to capture a young boy's heart like it did mine.

[b]1. Super Mario World - SNES[/b]

If I had one word to describe this game, it would be "Special". I've been playing this game ever since I was a young boy, around 4 or 5 years old, and since then I've been hooked. Growing up around this game, words cannot fully explain the sheer joy that it has brought to me througout my life. It'll always hold a special place in my heart, and for that, it makes number one on my list.

4. -RebelScum-

-RebelScum- Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 21, 2004
    1: Super Mario World
    2: Star Wars: Rogue Squadron
    3: Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
    4: World of Warcraft
    5: Super Smash Bro. Melee
    6: Donkey Kong Country
    7: The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
    8: 007: Goldeneye
    9: Paper Mario
    10: Skies of Arcadia

-The Scummy-

5. Sn4tcH

Sn4tcH Jedi Master star 4

Oct 22, 2004
    1. Final Fantasy VII
    2. A Link to the Past
    3. Metal Gear Solid

And the rest in no particular order.

4. Resident Evil 2
    5. Sonic the Hedgehog
    6. Ocirana of Time
    7. Half-life 2
    8. Starcraft
    9. Bionic Commando
    10. Super Mario World

Honestly the last 7 are what came to mind the quickest... but it could change at any time. But the top three are basically immovable.

6. SkyeLightrider

SkyeLightrider Jedi Knight star 6

Jan 12, 2003
    1. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64)
    2. Chrono Trigger (SNES) [please rerelease for the Wii Virtual Console Square!]
    3. The Neverhood (PC)
    4. Resident Evil 4 (GCN)
    5. Super Metroid (SNES)
    6. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES)
    7. Supper Mario 64 (N64)
    8. Golden Sun / Golden Sun: The Lost Age (GBA)
    9. Metroid Prime (GCN)
    10.Super Mario World (SNES)

Honorable mentions to Tetris (GB), Rollercoaster Tycoon (PC), and The Prince of Persia trilogy (GCN)

Yeah, I'm pretty much a Nintendoist.

Now I haven't finished Zelda: Twilight Princess, but from the looks of it, I may have to shuffle some of my list around once I'm done with that.

7. Vezner

Vezner Force Ghost star 5

Dec 29, 2001
    I determined my top 10 list by looking at how much enjoyment I had in playing each the games/series of games:

10. Battlefield 1942 - I still have this one on installed on my PC and play it occasionally. Battlefield 1942 started a new addiction for me in video FPS games. The very idea of having up to 64 players fight it out on a battlefield using anything from a knife to a tank just really excited me.
    9. X-Com Series (specifically 1 and 2) - These were two of the best turn-based strategy games I have ever played. To this day I remember being freaked out of my mind when I attacked my first alien base. I truly felt like I was sending my soldiers into the unknown and that I wasn't sure they'd be coming back. I loved it!
    8. C&C Series (excluding TS) - C&C is a classic RTS series that even beats Warcraft and Starcraft, IMO. 'nuf said.
    7. Doom Series - Ah yes, the first FPS game that truly put the genre on the map. I spent many an hour playing each of the Doom games and loved every minute of it. Doom was also the first game that I played MP via a modem or internet. I remember the first time I actually played a game of Doom in MP mode. I had a 14.4k modem and my friend had a 96k modem (and at the time, we were using top of the line modems!). We managed to make a connection after around 3 tries and the moment I saw his character on-screen start to walk around, well, it completely changed my perspective of video gaming on a PC. It was euphoric.
    6. Dark Forces/Jedi Knight Series - This series let me actually be in the Star Wars universe with a blaster/light saber. What more do I need to say? :p
    5. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - I absolutely love this game. In fact, it's the first RPG that has ever held my attention for more than a week. I bought the day it was released and I'm still hooked. Well done Bethesda!
    4. Castlevania Series (specifically 1, 2, and 3 on the original Nintendo) - This was a series on the Nintendo that occupied a great deal of my childhood. Simon Belmont was and still is one of my favorite video game characters of all time.
    3. Mario Brothers Series (specifically 1, 3, and 4) - What kid in the 80s didn't play a hell of a lot of Mario Brothers? Need I say more?
    2. X-Wing Series - This, like Dark Forces, was a series that actually put me in the Star Wars universe, only this time it was in the cockpit of a starfighter. I remember the first time I saw an ISD hyper in during one of the missions of X-Wing. I was charged with protecting a corvette and when I saw that ISD hyper in, it was like being in the first few seconds of Episode IV. I was in Star Wars nerd heaven right then. :) My greatest gamer wish is for Lucasarts to release another X-Wing game. These games hold a special place in my video gamer heart. :)
    1. Dune 2 - I played more hours of this game than any other in my history of gaming. It is also the one that made me addicted to RTS games and the Dune universe. After being introduced to Dune 2, my friends and I read all of the books in the series, watched the movie, and spent countless hours playing the game. I absolutely love it and consider it my favorite of all time. :)

8. __Vader__

__Vader__ Jedi Master star 3

May 23, 2005
    Children, children, such crimes I see! Why does everyone insist on posting their lists from 1 - 10?? In my opinion, you should start off slow, give the reader a few jolts of excitement, and then build the tension for a GRAND AND SATISFYLING CLIMAX with number 1. Listing your favourite first spoils all the fun.

Now, for my own top 10:

1. Jar Jar's Jedi Racing FPSRPGMMO extreme sports management Gold Edition (NES)
    2. Metal Gear Kart racing (Playstation 2)
    3. SimHospital (PC)
    4. The Sims: Constipation Catastrophe Expansion Pack (PC)
    6. Vera Drake: The Videogame (Playstation 2)
    7. Perfect Dark -1 (Xbox 360)
    8. Final Fantasy Junior Edition (Playstation)
    9. Stuart Little 4: Dark Forces of Obliteration (Xbox)
    10. Singstar: Opera (Playstatoin 2)

Ok, seriously now:

10) Age of Empires (PC)
    This was pretty much the first ever game I really got into. I played this as a 7 year old back in the day and I was completely hooked. The epic strategy of controlling a huge army, building a civilisation and advancing them through the ages was incredible fun. I still play this dated game till this day, although I more regularly play its bigger and better cousin, Rise of Nations. Age of Empires wins because it was the first and my favourite.

9) Burnout 3 (Xbox)
    Again, Burnout 3 has been succeeded by its faster, prettier sequel, Burnout: Revenge, which will itself be made obselete by the upcoming Burnout 5. Burnout 3 was without a doubt the most intense game ever. Rocketing along a straight at 200+ miles per hour, taking down every car stupid enough to cross me was the first time I actually had real, in-your-face fun in a video game. I will never forget the first time I played Road Rage in the fastest car. [face_hypnotized]

8) Halo 2 (Xbox)
    This was the game that introduced me to Xbox Live. Blasting Yanks, Nerds, Tough-Guys, Wannabes, Noobs and The Uber-1337 over the net made it an incredibly addicting experience. I also gained heaps of friends and increased my FPS skills no-end. No other shooter has come close to this, until Halo 3 of course...

7) Pokemon Sapphire (GBA)
    Playing Pokemon games to death is a pastime no child should be deprived of. I was deprived of this childhood right for 13 of my 15 years. I decided to take action against this breach of human rights and I bought a GBA and Pokemon Sapphire. Such fun! The pokemon are so cute, and so much fun to train! The cute little cities are cute, and the cute little characters are cute, cute, cute!! This is a very cute game and I was completely and totally addicted. (Still am, come to think of it...[face_shhh] )

6) Jet Set Radio Future (Xbox)
    Genius level design, cool characters, intense rollerskating action, and one hell of a soundtrack. This is one Japanese made game that isn't so weird it'll alienate you, but definitely isn't a run-of-the-mill platformer either. I like this game so much, that a year after I had sold it, I bought it again, and then sold it. I will likely buy it again if it ever becomes backward compatible with the 360.

5) Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (Xbox)
    I loved this game for the same reasons as everyone else. It had a huge city to explore, (and destroy) and all the cars, motorbikes, and weapons you could possible want. It also had a killer 80's soundtrack and top-notch voice acting. I have 3 seperate 35 hour+ games on this, and I still haven't got anywhere near 100%.

4) The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (Xbox)
    I consider Morrowind to be the most ruthless game of all time. You were chucked into a game world the size of... Well, it was only really the size of your local airport, but it felt like a whole continent. Then, you were forced to fend for yourself. In my first game I was mercilessly slaughtered by a particularly fearsome mudcrab, and because I didn't save, I had to start again. Learning all my lessons the hard way, I eventually progressed my humble dark-elf into the deadra-slaughtering Nerevarine through hours upon hours of tough work. Morrowind is now my favourite

9. Shaggadelic_Jedi

Shaggadelic_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2006
    Wow I have a lot of the same taste in RPG's as you guys!

1. Final Fantasy VII
    2. Zelda The Ocarina Of Time
    3. Chrono Trigger
    4. Paper Mario
    5. Resident Evil 4
    6. Super Smash Brothers Melee
    7. Resident Evil 2
    8. Final Fantasy : Crystal Chronicles
    9. Baiten Kaitos
    10. Zelda : WindWaker

:D I'm a little obsessed...Meh what can you do?

10. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    Twilight Princess is now the correct answer number 1.

Please adjust your choices accordingly.

11. Espaldapalabras

Espaldapalabras Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2005
    1. Operation Flashpoint PC FPS. The incredible customization in the mission editor was amazing. Being able to put a man on the map exactly where you want him, have him get in a tank, drive 10 miles and wait to destory his convoy while hiding in the treeline was awesome.
    2. Dark Forces: Jedi Knight II Probably the game that got me more into Star Wars than anything else.
    3. Goldeneye Awesome 4 player deathmatches.
    4. Civilization/Colonization series= Colonization was what really got me into gaming, I remember playing this along with Kings Quest 4 with my dad as a kid.
    5. Kings Quest Series, greatest adventure series there was
    6. Starcraft Still tons of fun to play
    7. Red Alert II
    8. Sim City series, pretending you are on the city planning and development committee couldn't be more fun, and isn't in real life.
    9. KOTOR 1- Awesome game
    10. Age of Empires II- I love history, I love battles, what is there not to like?

12. The_Crow

The_Crow Jedi Master star 4

Jan 10, 2006
    Instead of just a game, I have to say some series:

1. Half-Life SP Series (PC)
    2. GTA 3 Series (PC)
    3. Halo (PC)
    4. Sonic the Headghog (Mega Drive)
    5. The Sims Series (PC)
    6. Super Mario World 2 (Game Boy)
    7. Space Invaders (Arcade)
    8. Tony Hawk Series (PSX and PS2)
    9. Fifa Series (PSX and PS2)
    10. Splinter Cell (PC)

Something like this.

13. ForceJumpAnakin

ForceJumpAnakin Force Ghost star 4

Dec 24, 2006

Karate kid is one of the 128 NES games in 1 thing that I played with at a cousin's house. She lent me one and it stopped working, so if I go there I take advantage. I could never beat the Karate kid part 2 movie level where you fight against the last of the japanese bad guys. It's after the night time wind blowing level. It starts with Daniel San in the day with some colorful bushes whatever, and you fight these guys who have swords, and after losing a bunch, I gave up.

The 128 NES games in 1 (or the 10,000 in 1) would be in my top ten, for the old school games.

The castlevania games I played were 1, Simon's quest, Dracula's curse, Super, Dracula X SNES, and PS2 Lament of Innocence. Super and LOI are my favorites. Zelda: 1,2,A Link To The Paste, OOT. I read somewhere that the order of 6 of the zelda games in timeline are OOT, Majora's Mask, ALTTP, Link's Awakening (the gameboy one), original, then Adventures of Link. I don't know the other games. But I want to play Wii Zedla TP.

Ok I played a lot of Super Mario games, including the SNES All star game (with the Lost Levels, I only played it for Luigi's extra high jump). In Super Mario 3 the game where he is racoon boy, there is the last place, the Bowser world. The fortress in that world is unpassable for me, I always use the Cloud to skip that level. That being said, I can't remember if it's the fortress in the Bowser world, or the world before it. I like Super Mario World, 64, Kart 64, Double Dash, that's it. I know there is Mario Golf, Mario Tennis (which I heard is addicting fun), but I haven't plalyed them.d

PS2 Crash Bandicoot Wrath of Cortex was very fun but frustrating at times. I couldn't get the 100%. Those time trials!

Battlefront 1 and 2. When I'm not in the mood to shoot around running frantic kill em all, it's nice to have other things to do like snipe, rocket launch, Jedi force push away, relax. Maybe it's just me.

Among the Mortal Kombat games, I love the 1st (SNES), 4th (N64), and 5th Ps2 Deadly Alliance. THey all have a little bit of humor.

I'm wondering if GTA 3 is any good, I played VIce CIty a hell of a lot, San Andreas a little. Vice CIty is my favorite, I rarely get bored playilng the game. A couple of things: Once I got 100%, I feel like playing all of the missions all over again with this status. I don't know any way to do that, I don't use codes. Also, My ranking is Boss (over 300,000), I know Don 500,000 is next, then Godfatgher is a ridiculous 1,000,000. I got the high ones by being in the Hunter and Vigilante missions at the airport all the time, but the big increases of money is also what helped. I'm maxed out at $999,999,999. I want to

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.