main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion of white discrimination

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by jedi_master_ousley, Dec 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    I posted this JCC and KnightRider told me to bring it here (which makes sense) so, I did... (link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=9713196&replies=7]Here[/link] is a link to the origional.)

Ok, probably a lot of you would find this offensive, but I'm taking a chance...

My friend's older brother brought this to my attention, and several of my friends and I all agreed.

It seems that no matter what the media says, white males are discriminated against the most here in the USA.

I bet you're thinking what? but it's true. Think about it. If you say anything bad a black male, it is considered racism. If a black male says anything bad about a white male, the white male doesn't automatically consider it racism. I think a lot of the black population (at least near me) is racist against a lot white population, because we used to be racist, 30 years ago and they have not gotten over it. Also, in my school, if you somehow look at a black kid the wrong way, they call you a racist. It's happened to me a few times.

Now to my next point.

If a white man says anything bad about a female, it's sexist. My own mom calls me sexist all the time. If I say even the slightest thing insulting, she'll come back with "that's a sexist comment" or something. A few girls at school say this too. But yet, if a female says anything bad about a male, do us males automatically come back with "that's a sexist comment"? NO. Because we take so much from them because they are favored these days, maybe not necissarily in careers, but in arguments, most often the women wins.

For my last point, to tie this together, if a white male says anything bad about a black female, it's considered racism and sexism.

I know most of you will disagree, but this is my take on things. The white male gets insulted for saying anything about another race or gender. I think it's not right, and if people are to be treated equal, black people should be called racists if they say bad things about white people, and women should be called sexist if they say bad things about males.

Any comments?

Also, Gorin_Zachian added:
    If a black person has Pride it's great. If a white person has pride it's racism.

If a Woman ha pride it's feminism, if a Man had pride it's sexism.

Affirmitive Action is just discrimination aginst Whites.

Which is a very good point.

[b] [color=white] [hl=orange] ~^~^~ [/color] [/hl] [color=orange] [hl=white] _ jedi _ master _ ousley _ [/hl] [/color] [color=white] [hl=orange] ~^~^~ [/hl] [/color]
    [color=blue] [hl=red] . . . Anxiously awaiting the Two Towers!!! [/hl] [/color] [/b]

2. POLUNIS

POLUNIS Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 3, 2002
    I agree with your analysis; it is really quite true.

This is not a popular subject, but I think it needs to be addressed. There are acceptable double-standards in society, and I think that ought not be.

3. 1stAD

1stAD Jedi Youngling star 5

May 10, 2001
    I agree, white males are the single most oppressed minority in the United States. It is very difficult to find a job if you are a white male, and you cannot express your opinions on any issue. White male issues are routinely ignored by the extreme liberal media and white males are harassed by minorities left and right.

4. Obi-Zahn Kenobi

Obi-Zahn Kenobi Force Ghost star 7

Aug 23, 1999
    White males are a minority too.

White, heterosexual females are the majority.

Affirmative action is inherently racist. Against blacks, too.

It tells them, "You aren't goo enough to get a job without our help."

That's why Clarence Thomas and Colin Powell are hated. Because they got to the top without Jesse Jackson and the Black Panther party.*

* To my knowledge, Jesse Jackson is not a member of the Black Panther party. But he seems to support it.

5. Darth Mischievous

Darth Mischievous Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 12, 1999
    While what you say is inherently true (I am a white male), other races are discriminated against in other ways still to this day here in the US.

There is a sentiment that it is OK to say whatever you want about white males though and not get any flak for it.

Think of that liberal's book "Stupid White Men...and Other Sorry Excuses for the State of Our Nation"... can you imagine if that book was titled "Stupid Black Men... and Other Sorry Excuses....etc" even if it was written by a black man? There would be a huge outcry on the media.

We all need to respect one another, regardless of race, sex or socioeconomic status.

6. Darth Geist

Darth Geist Jedi Master star 5

Oct 23, 1999
    People today?and I mean people in general, not any one group?are too easily offended, and if you ask me, you can do a lot worse than offend someone.

7. Obi-Zahn Kenobi

Obi-Zahn Kenobi Force Ghost star 7

Aug 23, 1999
    If someone said, "white males suck", I'd ignore him.

If someone said, "black women suck", I'd ignore him too.

If certain othepeople heard the first one, they'd ignore it, but they would be very angry about the second one.

8. Gay-LenKenobi

Gay-LenKenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 20, 2000
    If you say a woman is stupid just because she is a women, then it is sexist. If you say a woman belongs in the home because females as a whole do not belong in the workplace, then it is sexist.

But if you call a woman dumb because she does a stupid, dumb thing and someone accused you of being sexist, then the term is being misused.

If you say that a black man could never be more than a criminal or gang member, then it is racist. If you say a particular black man doesn't have the same credentials that a particular white man does, then it isn't racist. If peole tell you it is, then ignore them.

The dominant stereo-type about white men is that they are stuffy, uptight workaholics who drive nice cars. Oh gosh, how horribly offensive.

Frankly, white males haven't been victims because of their race or gender. Historically, they haven't had their churches bombed because it's members are predominately white. They haven't been denied basic education and entry into colleges, and denied careers outside of teaching or nursing because they are male. Actually, they have been the ones who did such things to others.

So no, I don't feel too much pity for the 'plight' of the white man who has to be a bit more sensitive to others.

And Affirmative Action was a concept with righteous and reasonable goals, but is very flawed in practice. The idea was to turn the country's workforce into what it would have been if slavery and all those federally endorsed civil rights violations had never happened. If white males hadn't held back minorities for so long, there would already be more blacks and women in positions of power and authority. AA was meant to speed up the process, to get the numbers to where they would have been. It hasn't been put into practice properly and has been abused.

9. scum&villainy

scum&villainy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 8, 1999
    What a pathetic thread.

What demographic group does the President of the United States belong to?

white male.

What about the previous President?

White male.

And the one before that?

White male.

Before him?

White male.

The first President?

White male.

America was a nation built by white males for white males. This thread is garbage.

10. 1stAD

1stAD Jedi Youngling star 5

May 10, 2001
    Said by this thread's creator, "I PERSONALLY don't think the forign minorities should be treated as good as they are."

He's right you know. Minorities and women have too many rights and are holding down the white man. The white man deserves his piece of the American pie too.

11. QueenLaniAmidala

QueenLaniAmidala Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 9, 2002
    Well according to the thread title, I'm not allowed to be here. But I think anybody has the right to take part in this discussion. I heard about this topic on the news the other day, actually, they had an article about how Title 9 is discrimnation against men, and I find that definitely true. At one college, I think U of Arizona, they actually had to make a rowing team (in the middle of the desert, mind you) with 60 something girls just so the guys and girls could be equal in sports, even though most of the girls probably didn't even want to play sports at all. I think that if some girls don't want to play sports, they shouldn't be forced to do so just to make sports even. That's ridiculous.

12. toochilled

toochilled Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 17, 2000
    If you think America is biased against white males then you are, in my humble opinion, fooling yourself.
    Look at average salaries.
    Look at management job distribution.
    Look at conviction rates.

Hell, look at just about anything and it's biased for the white male.

13. POLUNIS

Apr 3, 2002
    So you don't believe there is discrimination against white males? You, my friend, are deceiving yourself.

So what if all the Presidents are white males? Big deal. If black women were all the previous presidents, that will not stop the victicrats from attempting to find a bigot behind every bush.

I have said it once, and I think I need to say it again: The composition of a government does not a society make.

White males are expected to revere any minority group under the sun or face their "righteous indignation." Men are not supposed to say anything remotely evil about women, but I hear women call men pigs on a pretty regular basis. Are those insults (and worse insults) ever condemned? No; to be exact, they are emboldened to do so because of the fact they are considered an "historically oppressed minority." It is okay for "minorities" to express as much hate as they want toward the "demonic majority", but somehow it is especially nefarious when the "majority" behaves likewise. I suppose they can dish it out but cannot take it.

There was an incident with a black female singer, perhaps Sister Souljah, who was singing a song in front of Bill Clinton that pretty much incited blacks to kill white men. Was there any outcry over this? No, as a matter of fact, she only received this mild rebuke from Clinton: "I know you do not advocate this kind of hatred."

Just imagine if a white male were singing about killing blacks. He would be universally denounced in the strongest possible terms by a frothing-at-the-mouth media.

And yes, I will call them blacks, not "African-Americans." Is that racist? No, because if you were to declare it to be such, then all the people who call European-Americans "white" are guilty of being racist themselves.

14. FlamingSword

FlamingSword Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    I doubt there's a single "group" that's not discriminated against. Sad.

But white males are discriminated against. They're the 'powerful' underdog and their power is waning.

15. KaineDamo

KaineDamo Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 6, 2002
    "women call men pigs on a pretty regular basis"

My god! Your right! We need our own version of Martin Luthor King to fight this great injustice!! *rolls eyes*

The sad fact is is that minorities are STILL greatly discriminated against in virtually all areas. There are still jobs that black people can never seem to obtain, there are still jobs in which women are paid much lower than men. I don't care that some ignorant woman who's just been dumped refers to the whole male race as pigs. Polunis, find something a little better, would you??

16. tenorjedi

tenorjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 17, 2000
    I don't think the white males plight is all that terrible but the hypocracy does warrant pointing out.

17. POLUNIS

Apr 3, 2002
    KaineDamo:

"women call men pigs on a pretty regular basis"

My god! Your right! We need our own version of Martin Luthor King to fight this great injustice!! *rolls eyes*

The sad fact is is that minorities are STILL greatly discriminated against in virtually all areas. There are still jobs that black people can never seem to obtain, there are still jobs in which women are paid much lower than men. I don't care that some ignorant woman who's just been dumped refers to the whole male race as pigs. Polunis, find something a little better, would you??[/b]

Do you have any proof that all these "minorities are being discriminated against?" Have you ever heard of "Affirmative Action", preferences in college admissions, etc.?

Who said it was an ignorant woman just dumped? I certainly did not; actually, thank you for your post, because the true ignorance of society at large is made manifest. The only reason why she is bitter is because, in your implied view, she was "genuinely wronged" by those evil men. Could it be she is just a sexist (yes, there are female sexists) who happens to be educated and finds a scapegoat to blame for all the problems she brings upon herself.

I just grow weary of people attempting to stifle honest debate on the double standards that are so prevalent in our society. It is only okay when we cry a river over the "plight of women, colored people, etc.", but not even consider modern-day discrimination that happens to be socially-acceptable.

Tenorjedi:

I agree with you; it is not nearly as bad as the plight of slaves in the Sudan, etc., but it neither should be ignored nor should it be socially-acceptable.

18. Jedi_Xen

Jedi_Xen Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2001
    I don't think the white males plight is all that terrible but the hypocracy does warrant pointing out.

I agree with this.

The most discrimination against the white male is in the media. For the most part white males are womanizing, stupid, sports loving, hates every ethnic group under the sun. Most white men are not Archie Bunker, and we shouldn't be portrayed as such. Everyonce in a while its not so bad, but its getting ridiculous.

Not all females are Kelly Bundy, not all black males are Will Smith, not all black females are Lora Winslow. For the media to be so liberal and open-minded they have a very close minded view on things and tend to generalize everygroup of people.

Muslims are fanatics, Christians are bigots, Jews are victims. Native Americans are wise beyond their years, Whites are prejuidice, blacks are loud, asians are workaholics. Women are dingbats, men are sexist, and gays are weak pencil neck dorks. Watch and youll see how these groups are portrayed.

19. KaineDamo

Mar 6, 2002
    "Who said it was an ignorant woman just dumped? I certainly did not; actually, thank you for your post, because the true ignorance of society at large is made manifest. The only reason why she is bitter is because, in your implied view, she was "genuinely wronged" by those evil men."

Oh, shutup. That's not what i meant. I wasn't trying to excuse her view. Read my post again, i said i couldn't care less about her view. Yes, it is a sexist view, you'll find no disagreement from me. So don't be so quick to call me ignorant. The discrimination against white men is so miniscule that some lonely, bitter woman somewhere calling us all pigs is about the worst of it.

20. lavjoricso

lavjoricso Force Ghost star 4

May 25, 2001
    I agree with what 'TenorJedi' said !!!

21. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    1st AD: [face_laugh]

The white man must rise up from his sofa recliner and free himself from his remote.

One day I picture men making more money than women in the same occupation. One day a white man will be president. One day a white man might own his own business. One day a white man will be a good basketball player.

A young white man can dream can't he? :(

22. jedi_master_ousley

Jun 14, 2002
    Sorry for my long absense from the thread everyone... I was at school and just now had a chance to get online. I'm surprised at how many replies I've gotten already.

Ok, my main point here is that white males get called "sexist" and "racist" by females and black males/females. But yet, if they are to insult white males, than they are just as "sexist" or "racist" as we are, in that sense.

Now, at my school, right now, there's kind of a division against the whites and blacks. Not everyone is part of it, but if one white person says something bad about a black person, the whole group of black people will get mad and follow said person around, harassing them. But they insult us all the time, and we don't do the same thing. We're getting really tired of it, too.

And it seems that most (if not all to some extent) of my teachers favor the females. I have mostly female teachers, but even the male teachers somewhat favor girls to some extent. All the teachers always say "guys, be quiet...guys, settle down... guys this, guys that" even if it is only the girls talking. Several of my friends and I have been asking the female teachers why they say that, and they reply with, "well, guys generally get in more trouble" This wouldn't be the case if they were to pay attention. The guys get more referals to the office, but that's because the teachers are reluctant to give them to girls, for whatever reason. I've heard the teachers say the usual "the next person to talk will get a referal," and many times it will be a female that talks first. The teacher will just say "stop talking" but usually it's a guy and they'll either get a referal or get sent in the hallway. The guys have it rougher.

And don't say I'm narrow-minded, because not all the black people I know are like that, and not all the females I know are like that. I'm just trying to say that white males will get criticized for insulting a black person, or a female, but yet they don't get criticized.

Just because of the way America used to be, with black people being enslaved, and women not having rights, doesn't mean that every man is still this way. Mostly the white men/friends I have are not racist, or sexist, but do respond when they are insulted by one or the other.

And one thing I forgot to mention, a few of the black population at school are the type that if they here you say something about someone (like "someone said ________" and you're not sure the person's name so you say some black person they reply with "are you racist?" if you say no, they're like "then why do you say black?" But they do the same thing. I've many times heard the same ones say "some white dude" when talking. The one time I said to that person, "are you racist...then why do say white" they blew up on me calling me racist.

As I said not all are like this. One of my friends was talking about this to our Geography teacher from last year (who is black) and he agreed with us. He is one of those that doesn't call people racist, and he is pretty cool. There's a small number of the black population at school that is cool about things, and don't get upset about things like that.

I'm just sick of being called things that other people are being while they are calling what they are.

[b] [color=white] [hl=orange] ~^~^~ [/color] [/hl] [color=orange] [hl=white] _ jedi _ master _ ousley _ [/hl] [/color] [color=white] [hl=orange] ~^~^~ [/hl] [/color]
    [color=blue] [hl=red] . . . Anxiously awaiting the Two Towers!!! [/hl] [/color] [/b]

23. DarthYama

DarthYama Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 16, 2001
    Actually, America's foundation is equality. This means that everyone gets the same amount of discrimination in different forms.

24. jedi_master_ousley

Jun 14, 2002
    Yes, I know what equality is, but it doesn't seem like the white male is being shown much of it. Ok, so we are not always 'just' to females and blacks, but they are even less 'just' to us.

A big part of this is stereo-typing, as someone already pointed out. The white male is seen as lazy, sexist, racist, always partying, sports-addicts...etc.

But this is not always true.

Prejudice. A big thing is prejudice. I admit I have I tendancy to judge people before I know them, but I do give them a chance and try to be fair about it.

Take for example music. IMO rap is not truely music. I PERSONALLY do not like rap. At all. But at the school dances, guess what they play... rap. Rap is most widely listened to by the black population. Now I know there are several white people at school who listen to rap, and thats ok. But at the dances, they play rap, or music that appeals more widely to the black students. I know you'll say "no, it's dance music" but it's just plain RAP. They will play maybe 3 or 4 "white people songs" such as Rock, Pop, whatever. Us white people stay in the gym and listen to the rap, but when the Rock or Pop comes on, 95% of the black people leave the gym, and go to the bathroom, to get a beverage, whatever. We listen to their type of music, but they leave when our music comes on. And they call us racist for not liking it, but they completely leave when our music comes on.

25. KaineDamo

Mar 6, 2002
    "IMO rap is not truely music."

What do you base this on??

"I PERSONALLY do not like rap. At all. But at the school dances, guess what they play... rap."

Do you know why this is?? It's because rap and r&b are currently IN THE MAINSTREAM! It has nothing to do with race.

"Rap is most widely listened to by the black population."

Not true. I don't even KNOW any black people, and i can't escape from people that listen to mainstream rap.

"Now I know there are several white people at school who listen to rap, and thats ok. But at the dances, they play rap, or music that appeals more widely to the black students."

That's because it's currently the cool thing to listen to. It has nothing to do with race!

There is no such thing as "our music" and "their music" and "black music" and "white music". Sure, Rock music seems to be performed by predominantly white musicians. But i'm sure there are ALOT of black people that listen to rock. I know that it's true of rap. Like i said, i can't escape from people that love rap, yet i don't know any black people.

EDIT: Do you know what type of music is in the mainstream here? Dance and rave music. I hate it. I HATE THE STUFF!! Well, not all of it, but i like only very little of it. And do you know what? People here that listen to that kind of music are very intolerant of other kinds of music. It's crazy!! When i was in school, if i tried to put a cd on that i like, i would get called a hippy and get laughed at. Musical intolerance has nothing to do with race.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.