main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Thread: Fleet Battles

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Obi-Wan_Ken-Obi, Nov 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi-Wan_Ken-Obi

Obi-Wan_Ken-Obi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 28, 2005
    To Admins: If there is such a thread as this one on the forums already, please redirect me and lock this thread.

I am currently writing a fan-fic ( http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=22259193&brd=10476&start=22287131 ) in which there will be numerous fleet battles on a grand scale in future chapters. The idea for a discussion thread in which writers and fans can exchange ideas on how to best describe battles between fleets of various sizes, yet larger scaled than a flight of x-wings engaging a flight of tie fighters. Please post ideas and begin discussions!

*The door to the Victory Class Star Destroyer's tactical room near the bridge swooshes open and a Admiral of Republic High Command ushers you inside. "Have a seat; we have been waiting for you..." A protocol droid arrives bearing beverages of various kinds. A large circular table is in the room's chamber surrounded by comfortable bantha leather covered chairs. You sit down in one of them and fleets appear as holographic images above the table.*

The simplest question that comes to my mind is how to keep the reader from getting confused about the large amounts of vessels engaging. Ideas?

2. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    There's a very good thread called T.A.C.T.I.C.S. - Thread for Advice and Criticism Towards Improving Combat Scenes (clever name, no? :p ). Some good tips for fleet battles. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.