main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion thread for Star by Star(MAJOR SPOILERS! CHARACTER DEATHS!no speculation in here.100% true

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Matthew Trias, Sep 30, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JWK

JWK Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 18, 2000
    I liked the book. I liked and disliked Anakins death. I didn't want him to go. I felt like him and Tahiri were going to become the future couple after the NJO. But overall the character reaction was very good. And I look forward to how the rest of the characters devolop because he died.

When HC5 is done we can begin to judge this event in full effect.

2. Savle_Sostas

Savle_Sostas Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 11, 2001
    Just finished SbS and as I'd already allowed myself to be spoiled I was prepared for Anakin's death much as I didn't like it. It leaves me wondering where the NR (or whats left of it) can go from here and who will be there saviour. Personally I think it willbe the twins unless someone decides to kill them off which can't be entirely ruled out. I agree with a previous post which said the emotional depth of the book was quite shallow and I'm really starting to lose all sympathy for Luke. In the OT Luke had a human quality to him but also some recklessness which made hime fight. He is clearly powerful but actually seems even more reluctant than Jacen to carry the fight to the YV. One more thing about SbS and the NJO in general: I'm a huge fan of the darker overall tone of the NJO compared to other SW novels, but it would be nice to have something to cheer occassionally. The NR and Jedi never win a battle outright and the only victories granted them are pyrrhic. I know these books are probably just setting the scene for the Jedi's future triumph but some hint of the forthcoming victory would break up the constant stream of doom and gleam which seeps from every NJO book.

3. KRT_MacLeod

KRT_MacLeod Jedi Youngling

Oct 12, 2001
    hmmm I said I would be back after I read it for myself and I stay true to my word. I still don't believe the story on how the person got the audio nor will I discuss it further but I was wrong about Anakin dying which he does. Honor before pride.

4. JediCrazy

JediCrazy Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    well, i haven't read the book yet. (it's too expensive for me still.)

but i can't believe what i'm hearing. Anakin dies. how's that possible. i loved his character!!!! why couldn't they have killed jacen. j/k that poor family to know nothing but heartach. No wonder the kids are screwed up.

Know i don't know if i want to read this. it sounds too sad for me. i always read SW books to bring joy and entertainment to my mind. This is just going to bring just sorrow.

ack. man this sucks

I'll still end up reading it i'm sure. maybe they'll find a way to bring him back to life?? well i guess we can hope.

5. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    Im really hoping the next book shows them cremating him, so we KNOW he is gone :)

6. Grand_Admiral_Xian

Grand_Admiral_Xian Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 5, 2001
    Anakin is not written off... Vergere... she will play a role in his life being rekindled... Tahiri too... Jaina... worry for her... Jacen and Jaina are the two to worry about... Anikin is probably burnt out from so much use of th Force... hes in some sort of deep coma healing thing... I'm sure of it... Remember "The Force was Anakin, Anakin was the Force" "There is no Death, there is the Force"

Super Star Destroyers... thats what they need... they would own then...

7. Tahiri

Tahiri Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2001
    I'm still hoping. I really am -.-() Too many quirks in his death, just one too many.

8. ganner_rhysode

ganner_rhysode Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 7, 2001
    I still think Vergere's tears could save him. Far fetched but possible.

9. rebellee1187

rebellee1187 Jedi Youngling

Oct 16, 2001
    maybe he'll do an obi ean and appear as a spirit who tries to stop jaina in her DARK JOURNEY...

10. ShinagamiWing

ShinagamiWing Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 21, 2001
    Maybe he'll just STAY DEAD!!!!

Seems likely to me. Not happy, but very likely.

;)

11. ReaperFett

Dec 9, 1999
    Im now getting this horrible feeling that Han will step out iof the Falcon and see a bloodied Chewie, carrying a breathing Anakin. Heck, Elegos and Borsk are with him too. You see, noone died really :)

12. Tahiri

Apr 9, 2001
    LOL ReaperFett!

ShinagamiWing, it's sad, but I think that might really happen :(

13. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    Can someone tell me WHY the Vong's creature, the voxyn, doesn't go after Vergere? She IS/WAS a Jedi! Do they not KNOW she is/was a jedi?

And, why is she still working for the Vong? I actually haven't finished the book, I'm almost 1/2 way (I would have finished by now, but its a VERY long book for me! Its as long as the 4th Harry Potter book and that took me at least a week to read.)

14. -Vergere-

-Vergere- Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2001
    Maybe Vergere knows of a way to shield herself from the voxyn. That was definitely one of my criticisms but I'm assuming we will be given an answer before the series finishes.

Also, maybe Vergere assists the Jedi to kill the voxyn queen because Vergere doesn't want the queeen alive either.

Everything about Vergere is intentionally left as an enigma.

15. FlamingoKing

FlamingoKing Jedi Youngling

Nov 8, 2000
    Something I haven't really seen discussed here, but did anyone else draw comparisons to New York on Sept 11 and the fall of Courscant?

You had starships crashing into tall buildings, raining fire and destruction down below, civilians scrificing themselves so that the enemy would not succeed

Thanks to Lucas and the live feeds from New York that fateful day, I have no problems imagining the sight of the black and silver spires of Imperial Palace going up in a ball of flames, or of New Republic transports cashing it in on the other towers opf the planet, or what those buildings would look like, either..

Anyone else?

16. JediJSolo

JediJSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Actually, I found it much less like Sep. 11 than I thought it would be. DL said that there would be some similar stuff happening, but I had expected more, for some reason. The destruction of lots of big buildings is far from a novel idea. And this certainly isn?t the first time it has happened in the Star Wars universe. I really don?t see that their was that much similarity between the two events to make a big deal out of it.

17. ReaperFett

Dec 9, 1999
    I dont draw similarities because there is no need. The book was written first, and is for enjoyment,nothing more

18. Tahiri

Apr 9, 2001
    I'm with ReaperFett on that...yes, you can draw similarities, but you know that it wasn't meant to be as such in any way.

19. lindil

lindil Jedi Youngling

Nov 6, 2001
    Is anakin fully dead?
    I think not, but if so I will be soliciting writers for an alternate expanded universe!

He will save jaina from the dark side, and...

20. Tahiri

Apr 9, 2001
    Yeah, lindil! That's the spirit!!!! KEEP HOPING!!!!

21. Qui-Gonn Jinn

Qui-Gonn Jinn Jedi Youngling star 3

May 1, 1999
    umm coruscant did fall...didnt it?

22. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    Ha, I'm not sure. I'm not sure of a lot that happened in Star by Star :p

Jae Angel

23. Han Soho

Han Soho Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 1998
    This thread has turned 1000!

24. Grand_Admiral_Xian

Grand_Admiral_Xian Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 5, 2001
    Ok... Corsucant has probably fallen... Borsk is dead... Anikin is... well... he's... not in the Force and not walking around... sooo... some would say he's dead... Tsavong Lah is having growing pains (get it, the arm... get it... Funny eh...) Leia and Han are coping remarkably well... Jaina needs to deal with her emotions... and I don't mean turning to the Dark Side either... Jacen needs to nail Tenel Ka so he lightens up a bit, I mean if a guy ever needed to get laid, it was Jacen... Hmmm... Lets see... Nothing else of note except THEY KILLED THE COOLEST FREAKIN JEDI SINCE LUKE... I MEAN COME ON... HE'S NOT DEAD AND WHY IS IT that everyone calls him Jimmy... I mean, come on, whats up with that...

HEY Tahiri... who posts here... you Love Anakin... so does the book Tahiri... why is he called Jimmy... clue me in... Please...

And somebody get them a Super Star Destroyer... they would own hard core with one... give it to Talon Karrde... he'd behave with it... and we could find him once in a while too...

Admiral out

25. Tahiri

Apr 9, 2001
    I don't know why he's called Jimmy. [face_plain] I think someone just said "Let's call him Jimmy" and it went like that from there.... Jimmy's a really random name, though 8-}

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.