main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion thread on "Radioland M******" - excellent 1994 Lflm. homage to old-time radio

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Blur, Apr 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999

Hi everyone. I couldn't find a thread on this, so just wanted to create one to discuss the highly underrated 1994 Lflm. production "Radioland M******". I just recently saw this (twice), and really enjoyed the movie. I remember when this came out in 1994, but it didn't get much attention at that time for some reason.

RM is a great homage to old-time radio shows of the '30's and '40's, before TV took over as the primary source of entertainment (at least in the U.S.). I would categorize the film as a dark comedy/mystery, with some great performances and a great story. As with any good period piece, the costumes/sets really make you feel like you are in the 1940's.

Also, to eagle-eyed Lflm. fans, RM has cameos by both
    Bo Hopkins and Candy Clark. Both CC and BH had solid roles in 1973's "American Graffiti".

Anyway, post any thoughts/discussion on RM here.

2. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    I do remember they shot this film very quickly, with several setups a day. It was also a early cinematic testing ground for some of the digital fx techniques Lucas had pioneered on television with Young Indy.

This film had an excellent cast too. It's far from my favorite Lucas film but it has its moments.

3. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    Any reason why Mhurders is being starred out??? :confused:

test:

murders

4. Jedi_Reject_Jesse

Jedi_Reject_Jesse Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 26, 2004
    In Swahili, Urders means ************. We must show respect to our Swahili brothers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.