main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Discussion Time: Let's Talk About Drafts - next draft?

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthIntegral, Sep 13, 2007.

1. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Eh, I still like there's some gamesmanship around drafting one of a multiple-incarnation draftee and locking it up from everyone else...

2. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    If we allow multiple incarnations like that....I'm not saying I would draft a team of MODOKS. But I would draft a team of MODOKS.

DarthIntegral and dp4m like this.
  3. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I didn't see Fitz on the list ...

dp4m likes this.
  4. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Yak also wants Dr. Strange off the list. So far the strike list is:

Thanos
    Despero
    Genis-Vell
    Qztr
    SBP
    Darkseid
    Spawn
    Onslaught
    Dr. Strange
    Sentry

I also suggest Plastic Man, because literally everyone hates him, and Quasar, who is too powerful.

What do we think about Zoom and Flash?

5. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    I love the Flash. But that "I can perceive events that last for less than an attosecond" line has been getting a lot of play lately with the Flash tv show bringing the character to the spotlight again. So, I really don't know about him, depends on who else we leave on the board, really.

As to the "multiple-incarnations" thing. I think it would be cool to be able to draft both Parker and Spock versions of Spider-Man. They did have two completely different personalities and Spock used a lot more tech than Parker ever did. Spock's a really good prep pick, much more so than Peter ever was.

6. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    But... I was gonna draft PM from EF... :(

I think, realistically, we just need to decide on the power of the draft and then adjust accordingly. I mean, at a certain point, Thor could probably solo the entire rest of the list, etc.

I think we just need to decide "All In," No top-tier," "third-tier and below" or the like and then decide on that basis?

7. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    More strike propositions:
    Ion
    Mongul the First
    Talisman

I like Silver Surfer and Magneto representing the top tier, everything above is gone, and all the gimmicks are gone too (PM, Hourman the Android, Scarlet Witch). I think we've got most of them on this strike list, but please do check behind me.

8. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Yak didn't suggest Juggernaut be cut?

9. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Superman? Wonder Woman? Captain Marvel (Shazam)? Black Adam? Adam Warlock (though if you leave Silver Surfer, sure I guess)?

What's wrong with Talisman? She was defeatable in last draft.

10. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Was she? I'd say all of those should be left in, dp. Cyborg Supes too.

Juggernaut is iffy, but I'd probably be in favor of keeping him in.

Are we in favor of expanding the "Pick 2" lists to bring more characters into the game?

11. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    I have a few that I want to add to the list. Not sure how they should be added (as singles or to the pick two area) but I think Kaine's Scarlet Spider has shown enough difference in powers (accepting The Other completely, for example) to be added to the list. And with him I'd like to add Hummingbird (Aracely). I have others, but I'd have to think about them later. For right now, those are the main two I wanted to nominate for addition.

12. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Talismam without prep was weak and she still has some hard counters in people.

She's one of the "prep monsters" like Batman.

13. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Keep Flash and Zoom! I wish we could've kept Doctor Strange too. I like Silver Surfer and Magneto representing the top tier is a good idea though.

14. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    which flash and which zoom? if it's eobard thawne i'd say no go, considering he freaking caused flashpoint and all.

15. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    That information is on the list. Zoom is Hunter Zolomon, Flash is user's choice.

16. whiteeagle

whiteeagle Jedi Master star 6

Dec 24, 2004
    Yak still holding that Strange grudge.

17. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    Things that should be outlawed:

Reality manipulation
    Time manipulation

If a character is capable of either of those things, they go away. If someone brings up, later down the line, that their character can do one of these things (or any of the things we decide to outlaw) that we somehow missed, the commissioner will immediately and irrevocably swap that character out for an RNG pick from the remaining FA list. No questions asked.

So, that eliminates Zoom, at least. If I were judging, and it were the Flash, and someone was arguing his "attosecond reactions" I'd post some scans of him getting rekt by, like, I dunno, someone really embarrassing...Captain Boomerang, for example. Or, save yourself the headache and just keep him off. Who cares?

Additionally, consistent team busters should be gone. If you want to argue that your character is a JLA level team buster, and you have evidence to that fact, and you post (or if anyone posts it, that should be fun) that evidence, the same thing happens to that character. Magic'ed away by the RNG.

18. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    sounds good to me.

19. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    So that rules out Adam Warlock then? Or does he get the set of powers not related to that?

20. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    But the Flash has to job to the Rogues on occasion, their relationship is one based on mutual respect!

EmpireForever likes this.
  21. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    It would rule out huge chunks of his career, I'd imagine.

22. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    We'll take Zoom, Flash, and Warlock out.

I think we're almost there. Allen the Alien - in or out? I think I remember him being stricken from previous drafts, but can't go back through the thread ATM.

23. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Uhm. I'd have to read the latest issues for Allen. I think I will try to do that.

24. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    can he beat superman or thor? if not i don't see hi being a huge problem.

25. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Well that's up to the judges.