Games Discussion Time: Let's Talk About Drafts - next draft?

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthIntegral, Sep 13, 2007.

1. Tyi-Maet_Nefer Force Ghost

star 6
    I like what you posted a couple above, Inty. I'd agree to that at the moment.

And I'm still interested to hear from Shurron if he manages to find some time. :)
  2. Zizz Jedi Master

star 4
    The Lord of the Draft!
  3. Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    [image=http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/a/a6/250px-Godfather15.jpg]

It is good, this proposal as laid out by Integralli. I give it my blessing.
  4. The_Chim Force Ghost

star 6
    That's it? That's all of your three cents?
  5. Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Grand Master

star 6
  6. KenKenobi Force Ghost

star 6
    *gathers change, buys sandwich*

Oh, and...yeah, Inty, that's exactly what I was thinking. Very nice. Good. Dare I say great.
  7. PRENNTACULAR VIP

star 6
    In other draft related news, the SFD in the EUC just started up again! Go check it out!
  8. DarthIntegral Force Ghost

star 7
    Well, the Videogame draft ended a few days ago, and the Comic Book Draft is just a formality away from ending. So are we going to enact these rules now?
  9. Ghost_Jedi Force Ghost

star 5

I will make it legal
  10. PRENNTACULAR VIP

star 6
  11. Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Grand Master

star 6
  12. crash_slayer Jedi Knight

star 3
    uh-oh people may pay closer attention to my crapy temp-commish abilities if there are only a few drafts going on at once...

I object!
  13. KiwiRogue Jedi Master

star 4
    As long as the VG draft starts soon after M/TV finishes, lets go with it.
  14. Tyi-Maet_Nefer Force Ghost

star 6
    That is the line-up order, Kiwi, so yes, yes it would start up then.
  15. PRENNTACULAR VIP

star 6
    I think we should have a draft draft.

My first pick would be the M&TV draft, because the skill and experience is so through the roof it would pwn the rest of those sissy drafts.
  16. DarthIntegral Force Ghost

star 7
    Are we going to keep a tally somewhere of what drafts on on-going and what drafts on are tap? Maybe in the C&G Index?
  17. Tyi-Maet_Nefer Force Ghost

star 6
    Actually, Prenn, the anime draft owns every other draft in character ability and skill. :)

That would make sense, Inty. I'm half in the process of updating the index and I was thinking of including some more broader subjects - like other tournaments and drafts even - if they aren't in the forum. So having a "current draft" list, with times and schedules, would be great.
  18. Zizz Jedi Master

star 4
    Comic Book > Animated > Movie/TV > Video Game

I think. Those last two are up for debate. This is overall character-power.
  19. The_Chim Force Ghost

star 6
  20. Tyi-Maet_Nefer Force Ghost

star 6
    The comic book over the animated, Zizz? Really? I admit, I'm not up to scratch on the comics completely, but I still watch it....
  21. MandaloreYak Force Ghost

star 5
    Well, thanks to some fool, animated is prolly over comics... Although Strange and Onslaught make it pretty close.

This means I have to wait oh so long for comics to start up again augh.
  22. Tyi-Maet_Nefer Force Ghost

star 6
    So the Mov&TV draft is over ... !

And the Videogame draft now has the green light ... !

... !
  23. Axle-Starweilder Force Ghost

star 6
    hey, are you guys talking about drafts in here?
    okay, let's talk about drafts.
    i think that the mythology draft is stupid, particularly because you can't draft God or moses.
    i also think it's pretty stupid that i didn't ever win any drafts yet, especially the southern nevada jedi draft where we didn't even do a best of three for the finals. i'm looking at you, wang.
    and another thing, why the hell does it take eight years to finish any one of these given drafts now?
    i mean cripes!
    drafts should take a couple of months or maybe three at the most. though i guess i could understand four.
    but most drafts take at least two or three times that long and are filled with long boring paragraphs of people jawing on endlessly about what they believe their fictional properties would be possibly capable of in some sort of duel like setting. yeah, that's interesting.
    drafts used to be fast, relatively speaking anyway. that was part of their appeal. they moved and had energy. drafts now seem to be run by those little old men that drive go karts and wear funny hats. knights of columbus, shriners, stone cutters, what have you?

so yeah, beef drafts up and make them cool again, please.

that is all.
  24. Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Way to complain and pine for the good ol' days, and yet not offer any solutions. That's how that's done, baby!

filled with long boring paragraphs of people jawing on endlessly about what they believe their fictional properties would be possibly capable of in some sort of duel like setting. yeah, that's interesting.

What is you think drafts are about? What are we supposed to base decisions on? Who has the fruitier outfit? See, what you're missing is that, outside of the Jedi Draft, where everyone has more or less the same basic properties (The Force and lightsaber. OMG, how complicated!), that stuff is, uh, kinda necessary. Deciding who can push harder with the Force and who can swing a glowing stick with more skill is usually a bit easier than deciding a match between two people that each have wildly different abilities.

Dude, maxle,... seriously...
  25. Axle-Starweilder Force Ghost

star 6
    hey, i offered lots of solutions.
    like including God and moses and making drafts faster.
    so're you gonna finish that sentance or just stand there and bleed?