Games Discussion Time: Let's Talk About Drafts - next draft?

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthIntegral, Sep 13, 2007.

1. EmpireForever Chosen One

star 8
    One more name, and a few more locations:

WOAH, wait a minute. I was going to add another name, but I completely missed this name. I can't believe he wasn't on the movie list.

William Wallace (Braveheart)
    Jaguar Paw(Apocalypto)

Locales:

Helm's Deep(Lord of the Rings)
    Evacuated Times Square(Heroes)
    The Village(Apocalypto)
    The Narrows(Batman Begins)
    Badon Hill(King Arthur)
    Senator Palpatine's Office(Star Wars)
    The Chateau(Matrix Reloaded)
    Loading Dock(Alien)
    Gates of Troy(Troy)
    Hot Gates(300)
    Colliseum(Gladiator)
    Pig Sty Alley(Kung Fu Hustle)
    Visitor's Center(Jurrasic Park)
    Tom Yum Goong Otob(The Protector)
    Isla De Muerta(Pirates of the Carribean)
    Throne Room(Aladdin)
    Bar Room(Serenity)

These are just some that I came up with. I was trying to get some rural, some open spaces, some urban, and some interior locations. But with the mix of mediums we have, there really isn't much of a limit on where fights could take place.

2. Talon_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 4
    What about the Jungle from Predator, The town from 30 Days of Night, SG-1 Compound, Starship Enterprise. Just make it a bit different. We really don't need 40 stages though, so that would be an important thing to get out of the way
  3. TheManinBlack Jedi Master

star 4
    Outer Heavan from MGS

Toyko Bar from Kill Bill

The Farm from Sin City

Old Town Basin City From

The Pits from Sin City

Oil Rig from MGS

4. BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus

star 5
    If you're letting Vash in here, then any of the comic book names mentioned are fine, I'd say.

I have more names to add to the list:

Henrietta (Gunslinger Girls)
    Boogiepop (Boogiepop Series)
    Kirima Nagi (Boogiepop Series)
    Boogiepop Phantom (Boogiepop Series)
    Manticore (Boogiepop Series)

The following three aren't really there for individual fights, but all three are geniuses and would benefit any team like Edna Mode does in the Movies Draft. Leaving off Light because his actions rely heaving on the Death Note...which makes him too powerful for this draft.
    L (Death Note)
    Mello (Death Note) (No Book)
    Near (Death Note)

5. DarthIntegral Force Ghost

star 7
    For Star Wars, I'd say no to Boba Fett (movie version only). We don't see him do much in movies except die. Jango Fett, on the other hand, could be considered, movie only. So could Leia (movie only), and Padme (well, anything goes with her).

How about Bo Jackson, Wayne Gretzky, and Michael Jordan from ProStars?
  6. Zizz Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm not a fan of bringing in the major tech guys either. Guys like either of the Fetts, or the SG1 fellas would work. It really is the same thing as having too much durability or brute strength, where some of the tech these guys have is just too advanced for this kind of draft. Just my opinion on that one.
  7. EmpireForever Chosen One

star 8
    Vash is on there because against the guys on this list, he's not going to use Angel Arm. That's my opinion, anyway. If he would, we can take him off, or we could just say no Angel Arm.

Jango is still pretty high end, though. I guess it all depends on who is on the list still at the end. We can put him for now. And I don't have a problem with the SG-1 guys, but someone said TLC could go intangible or something, not something I would want in this draft. I've never seen him do this, and wanted someone to confirm or deny.

I'm not a big fan of BSG, so what's the deal with the Cylons? Anyone want to get a list from that show?
  8. Zizz Jedi Master

star 4
    Aragorn brought it up in the M&T draft regarding [almost] all of the SG1 guys. They have technology that can allow them to phase. And even without that tech, they definitely have a wider and better variety of weaponry that they could get than either of the Fetts do. They've got powerful forcefields, cloaking devices, tech that completely disorients opponents (think HP Confundus charm here), healing technology, and plenty more. I really don't think they're suitable for this draft at all.
  9. The_Chim Force Ghost

star 6
    Yeah that is where I got ti from. I don't know if it is true or not, as I have never seen it either but it would be easy enough to figure out. I know a lot of people here that are freaks about that show.

I don't know if I would agree that the SG guys can get things leaps and bounds high in tech than the Fetts could. Maybe if you went by what the Fetts have used in the movies yes, but in the whole SW universe? They have an answer to all of that junk, and then some. Don't make me get out my weapons and devices book Zizz!
  10. Zizz Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, I was going by the movies. I suppose it's not far and away better, but if they can turn invisible, go intangible, and mess with people's minds, I think that right there says that they have at least a little bit better tech than the Fetts. And considering the fact that the Fetts are already borderline for this draft, I would think the SG1 guys would be a definite no.
  11. EmpireForever Chosen One

star 8
    I don't mind good tech, but I have a problem with it if it gives someone a huge leap over someone else. That kind of detracts from what we're trying to do here. I don't want the gap to be from Silver Surfer to Toad. They should all be decent matches. Right now, that's not really the case, but at least the gap is more like a creek, instead of the Mississippi. I haven't actually gone over the current list to look for subtractions, but I'm going to try to do that some time today. I can kind of see it starting get a little too powerful. That's not entirely bad, since any sort of Amalgamation draft would still be cool, but we're trying to make a draft for the little guy. Those other guys have their own drafts. This one is supposed to be about fisticuffs and shootouts, you know?
  12. The_Chim Force Ghost

star 6
    If it is so controversial then why don't we bench them all for this round? Simple problem simple solution? Or we could let them in and see how it goes? Again...

You see that it could become a problem, and you are smart EF, it probably will be. I've thrown in my 2 cents.
  13. MandaloreYak Force Ghost

star 5
    If this is street fights and shootouts, Motoko with her superstrength, superspeed, super durability, stealth mode, super agility and far-future weaponry seems a bit much...
  14. The_Chim Force Ghost

star 6
    Yeah I am not really up for having all these anime characters on here. Especially the ones where only four people on the entire JC know anything about. They have their own draft for a reason.
  15. BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Watch/Read the Boogiepop series, Chim. It'll make you see forever.
  16. DarthIntegral Force Ghost

star 7
    QFT
  17. Hammurabi Force Ghost

star 4
    *joins the club*
  18. EmpireForever Chosen One

star 8
    Well I'm not taking Spike off of the list.

[face_not_talking]

But I will get to chopping some names here.
  19. The_Chim Force Ghost

star 6
    So I am watching Gladiator right now and I am really in the mood to get some work done on this idea.
  20. EmpireForever Chosen One

star 8
    Ok, I didn't look very hard, but these were the guys I thought were on the bubble. Also, I've never seen Kill Bill, but from what I remember of researching the Bride, it's pretty insane.

Alec (Dark Angel)
    Max Guevara (Dark Angel)
    Motoko Kusanagi(Ghost in the Shell)
    Batou(Ghost in the Shell)
    Togusa(Ghost in the Shell)
    Ishikawa(Ghost in the Shell)
    Saito(Ghost in the Shell)
    Pazu(Ghost in the Shell)
    Borma(Ghost in the Shell)
    Azuma(Ghost in the Shell)
    Joanna Dark (Perfect Dark)
    Parn(Record of Lodoss War)
    Ghim(Record of Lodoss War)
    Ashram(Record of Lodoss War)
    Beld(Record of Lodoss War)
    Fahn(Record of Lodoss War)
    Kashue(Record of Lodoss War)
    Jack O'Neil(Stargate SG-1)
    Leeloo (The Fifth Element)
    Nicholas Wolfwood(Trigun)
    Vash the Stampede(Trigun)

Most of these consist of the "obscure" anime characters, which aren't all that numerous. The only ones that I can even think of that are above normal are Motoko and Vash, and maybe a couple of the badguys from Lodoss War, which I happen to love, and if I can't draft Parn, well then, there's just no reason to live.

This was a brief look. I'm sure there are others we can axe. I'm not losing Cowboy Bebop, either. That's pretty popular. Or at least I thought it was, and they are all very much average.
  21. The_Chim Force Ghost

star 6
    I'm not saying you have to axe them all if it will make you cry EF.

Some of those guys that are 'on the bubble' as you say seem kinda normalish to me. Leeloo isn't really capable of a whole lot. I mean she is fast and strongish, and a bit acrobatic but nothing making her undraftable. Same wit Alec though she is a little more powerful. I guess I can see them leaving though. Same with Miss Dark, she is just a skilled gunslinger, nothing super human about her. Can you imagine if she had kids with Jack Bauer though?
  22. EmpireForever Chosen One

star 8
    I dunno why Joanna is on there. Alec is a dude, and he has regenerative stuff. Max doesn't, so she might be able to stay. I dunno. Some names just need to go.
  23. The_Chim Force Ghost

star 6
    Yeah that is what I meant, Max should be kept, Leeloo and Joanna all in my opinion.

I can see Dark going because she is from a video game and we usually keep characters to their respective mediums, at least in other drafts. This one is kinda an offshoot of the M&TV draft so those are understandable. Anime is totally your call, you know how I feel there.
  24. Tyi-Maet_Nefer Force Ghost

star 6
    Leeloo is quite capable in martial arts ... or fluky arts if you go look at a video ... but smart guys with guns would take her out. All she's faced is those ugly idiots.
  25. TheManinBlack Jedi Master

star 4
    I think you should add Jin and Mugen from Samuria Chammlpoo