main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Discussion Time: Let's Talk About Drafts - next draft?

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthIntegral, Sep 13, 2007.

1. whiteeagle

whiteeagle Jedi Master star 6

Dec 24, 2004
    We already have two drafts going . . . the starfighter and jedi draft. People might be stretched too thin with another draft since it's mostly the same group of people that participate anyways.

2. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I'd think we could support one non-Star Wars draft as well ...

3. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    I agree. And this is as good a time as any for a good ol wrasslin draft.

4. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Hey... So what's up wit that wrestling draft?

5. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Do you want to make any adjustments to the list from last time?

6. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    If there's enough interest, here are my suggestions:

1) Open draft list - anyone who's been in major pro wrestling would be eligible to be drafted

2) Axe the mandatory woman spot.

7. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    I'm not in favor of the women axe, but I wouldn't go to the grave for it. I like suggestion 1. I can't even remember how we did it last time lol.

8. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    We had a list, I think. With a couple of people missing who shouldn't have been.

9. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    We should definitely have some written judging criteria, at least for how to deal with the different promotions so we know how the best guy in, say, New Japan, is compared to WWE.

10. DarthSubZero

DarthSubZero Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2006
    I'd be willing to make a boxing draft. Probably Heavyweights only since its the most important division.

11. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Not that I follow boxing much at all, but I can only name a few and I don't think any of them are heavyweights. De La Hoya? Klitschko or whatever his name is? Maybe not Hoya since he fought Mayweather... Iono. What about boxing/MMA with different weight classes available or something?

Or, you know, wrestling.

12. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Or Comic Books.

or Video Games.

or anti-draft.

or something.

13. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    INT an old abandoned theater. Sun shines through a hole in the roof, and motes of dust dance around the beams. Dust covers everything. The chairs are damaged by water and the stitching has been torn to reveal the fluffy insides--most of which has been taken by rodents or birds. The sound of water dripping can be heard. One side of the curtains have been torn, and the other side has fallen into a heap on the stage. As DARTHINTEGRAL walks down the aisle, the heap of curtain begins to stir, and a shadowy figure appears from beneath them. The figure steps into one of the sunbeams, revealing an unshaven, dirty man in hobo attire. He reeks of alcohol and urine. It is EMPIREFOREVER.

EMPIREFOREVER: Inty! You're just in time! Timothy here wanted to bump you (EF gestures at a pigeon roosting in the catwalk above the stage), but I knew you'd come. I knew you'd all come back! Here, look! Look! (EF gesticulates wildly at an old, broken wet chalkboard, the surface of which is covered in an illegible handwriting scribbled in smeared chalk). I've already taken Toad as my first pick,of course, and Timothy there has Despero.

(EF Stage Whispers to DARTHINTEGRAL): I told him he was too early, considering Batman hasn't been taken, but you know how stubborn Timothy is.

The Pigeon does not stir, and EF glares up at it menacingly.

EMPIREFOREVER: That makes it your turn. Please, take a minute to look over the list. Oh, how silly of me, of course you already know who's on the list! Listen to me! I'll just go and get us all some tea while you consider your pick.

EMPIREFOREVER exits stage left behind the theater. He can be heard making an incredible racket as pots and other metal objects bang into each other.

14. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    Gotta say, that pretty much made my week.

Granted, 'twas a crappy week, but still...

15. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    Something would be good.

16. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Ah. So I wasnt the only one checking here occasionally, hoping someone had posted something.

17. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    Quite far from the only one, I think.

18. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Lol. I'm mad I opened up the reposting, and I still didn't get into EF's theater. I'll count myself as the pigeon, since it took Despero. Although I forgot Batman was available.

19. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    So ... someone pick a draft (not Anime) and start the thread (not me)

20. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    This would be the best time to do it, since I have my, uh, not quite 2 weeks of vacation from school. I still say wrestling. Although enough time has passed where we could probably do pokemon as well, either one would require a good deal of tweaking though.

Not it.

21. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    Do we even have anything not in need of significant adjustments or revision?

22. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Comics.

Animated just needs a changed list and parameters for how to decide who gets on

Wrestling wouldn't need that much tweakage, just match types and stuff

Myth is technically still running... Somewhere...

Pokemon would need a good deal of tweaking, and I'm not done basking in my belt that I didn't really earn.

We could try that comic idea where we draft a team and get scored depending on how they do "IRL" (IRFL? In real fake life?). That'd be kind of hard but perhaps refreshing.

23. Axle-Starweilder

Axle-Starweilder Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 6, 2005
    hey there's an idea! let's play the comics draft again!

24. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Are you guys thinking full draft or a mini? (Or at least trying to do a full draft with fewer players, since I don't know if 12-16 plus three judges will sign up?)

25. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    Given the current activity level, it might be wise to aim for mini and adjust as necessary if more happen to show up.