main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Discussion Time: Let's Talk About Drafts - next draft?

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthIntegral, Sep 13, 2007.

1. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    Bad ManinBlack! Bad! What did we say?

2. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    Cleric Preston from Equilibrium, as well.

3. Zizz

Zizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    Do we want to him and Violet? They can pretty much dodge bullets, and at a ridiculously fast rate too. They aren't exactly normal, as their speed is way, way, way above average. Seems like they could put down the best of the list with absolute ease.

Edit: Oh, and I think before we start this draft, we should make a rule on sniping. Because that would be an easy way out and would work for and against the majority of the list. Pretty much an instant win for whoever is prepped.

4. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    I am with Zizz there, I think they are a little too much for this draft. They are actually being drafted in the M&TV draft, and not just for coolness sake since they are useful. So I think that almost automatically gives them a veto.

5. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    Even without sniping there are a few gunman on here that can end a fight in a few seconds. That's why the locations are in there, so as to give people some kind of cover. I always did hate the headshot argument, though.

6. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    [image=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y54/C0deZer00/BoomHeadShot.gif]

Yeah anyway...so I got some inspiration for some more average joe like guys while sitting in my Comm movie class today. Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction would be a good place to draw from.

The Res. Dogs gang...
    Mr. White / Larry Dimmick, Mr. Orange / Freddy Newandyke, Mr. Blonde / Vic Vega, "Nice Guy" Eddie Cabot, Mr. Pink, Mr. Brown, Joe Cabot, Mr. Blue.

Pulp Fiction...fiction
    Vincent Vega, Jules Winnfield, Butch Coolidge, Winston Wolf, Marsellus Wallace.

I am sure I could come up with some more, if the need arises.

7. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Notes to self:

Don't forget to add the S.T.A.R.S.

8. 21st

21st Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    Draft tourneys? take a current draft list (maybe start with Jedi) and do a tournament where everyone votes on who would win each fight.

9. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Add Jimmy Patterson (Medal of Honor Series) plz.

kthxbye

10. Talon_Kenobi

Talon_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2003
    What about Max Payne

11. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    You know, I think I would like to be the Commissioner of this Draft.

12. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    That is good news. :D

What were you guys thinking about the timing and place of this draft? Would you want it to 'get in queue' so to speak with the other drafts here, or would this be something you would want to start up sooner than later with a concentrated amount of people?

13. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
    I'd say that we should at least wait until January since a lot of people will be out of town for the holidays and might not be able to be around to draft.

14. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I say we slot it in line behind the Comic Book Draft.

15. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    Good thinking, plus we still have some work to do on this one. Finalizing the list, deciding preps, nailing down locations, deciding Commissioner and Judges, etc...

16. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004

17. Zizz

Zizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2005

18. Ultima_1

May 16, 2001
    Why not have it as next in the queue and start it right after one of the current ones finishes?

19. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Because I want my comics!

20. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    Comics was in line first, and with this new rule set up we can only have so many drafts on at once. We have three currently in here with the Animated Character, Video Game and Mythology. Once one is finished the Comics will take its place then this draft I'd imagine, unless M&TV jumps ahead of it? Though I would like to see this one get its full shot soon.

21. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Because Comics is a proven and popular draft that shouldn't be bypassed on the waiting list for a new one

22. Ultima_1

May 16, 2001
    The thing is, I'm concerned that people will lose interest in this one if it doesn't start for six months or whatever.

23. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    And if that's the case, it won't be a sustainable draft anyways.

besides that, once it gets "in line" to start, the longest wait it can have is three months.

24. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    Yeah I don't think it will be an issue. Inty is right, people shouldn't lose interest. And if they do then that's fine, again he is right, but this draft will have its shot. No worries.

25. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    Sounds good. Feel free to continue using this thread to organise it now or down the road, Chim.