main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Discussion Time: Let's Talk About Drafts - next draft?

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthIntegral, Sep 13, 2007.

1. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    A comic draft would be fun, but didn't you guys do one a couple months ago?

2. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    You got any better suggestions? /Hooper

3. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Favorite food draft?

4. Dark Lord Of The Empire

Dark Lord Of The Empire Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2013
    I see there's a basketball one going on right now. Not sure if you've done a historical draft before because I'm pretty new here, but that could be fun. Every NBA player in history could be up for grabs, but people would have to choose which season of the player they want (example: Michael Jordan, 1987). Then to keep it realistic, once a player is taken, no one else could take a different "version" of him (would avoid silly teams made up of all different seasons of Michael Jordan, or anyone else for that matter). I'd love to join in on a historical NBA draft.

5. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003

That's exactly what we did in the last draft. I failed miserably by pairing Shaq and Kobe.

6. Dark Lord Of The Empire

Aug 28, 2013
  7. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Kudos to you for the good idea, though! I dunno for sure, but I think it's a good model, and it'll be used again.

8. Dark Lord Of The Empire

Aug 28, 2013
    Why thank you.
    Never been all that impressed with Shaq to tell you the truth. Give me Hakeem or David Robinson any day over him.

9. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Next basketball draft will be through all eras. We just need to find a solution to the Wilt Chamberlain issue

10. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    You could just exclude him from the game.

:p

11. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    FYI, the reason this one was run differently was because as alluded to above Wilt Chamberlain's 50ppg season was basically an autowin for his team.

12. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    A potential solution. Limiting to certain years and/or minute limitations also being considered

13. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012

[​IMG]

14. Dark Lord Of The Empire

Aug 28, 2013
  15. Dark Lord Of The Empire

Aug 28, 2013
    How about a Transformers draft? All Autobots and Decepticons from the cartoon/comic universe are in play minus "gods" like Unicron and Primus. Would have to figure out how it would work with combiners like the Constructicons though (if you draft one, do you get them all so they can combine into Devastator, or would your selection simply be "Constructicons" and you would get the whole team with one pick)? Just a thought that could be fun.

16. Dark Lord Of The Empire

Aug 28, 2013
    No love for Transformers here? Yikes, all kinds of crickets in here since the middle of the month. Okay, it was a bad idea.

17. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    The transformers have been selectable in two different versions of the drafts, in fact(technically three if you count the undraft); animated and movies and tv.

So not such a bad idea, although there's little reason to hold a draft exclusively for them.

18. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    Well so the running theory is comics is starting back up a bit after basketball ends, which is in playoffs now?

Maybe we start looking at this list?

19. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I'm in for a comics draft. I'd say amend the list from the last draft to take out Thanos, Onslaught, and a few others, but don't neuter the list completely, power-wise.

20. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    Oh take that baby to the doctor. It's time for an operation.

21. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
  22. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    How about a GOP member draft? We can determine how unlikeable and ignorant a single person is?

23. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    That would be a tough draft given the state of the GOP these days.

24. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    If I run the draft, I'm going with my suggestion to axe anyone drafted last time.

You don't like it? You be the commish.

25. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Exactly what I've been saying; still no one has made any move whatsoever to move forward.

If I didn't want to GM and had the time I'd have had the movie draft ready to go already.