main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

HamptRds, VA Discussion - Upcoming Nominations/Elections in Jan./Feb. 2010

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Thumpy, Nov 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thumpy

Thumpy Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Just wanted to give everyone a heads-up that nominations for fanclub officers - President/CR, Vice-President, Secretary - will take place here in this forum come January 2010. If there's a contest between individuals, elections will be held in February at the Feb. 2010 meeting (absentee votes within a specified timeframe will be done via PM to Meriwyn).

We will follow the eligibility criteria to the letter based on what's contained in our Charter. Based on our "3" meetings attendance rule, so far, here are the individuals who are eligible to run for an office as of today (based on Meeting Minutes for this calendar year):

Those eligible to run for Office:
    Jim Sznoluch
    Mike Shipp
    Alan Ibarra
    Lem Apperson
    Nels Mize

We do have one more meeting (8 total for the year) in November. So, for those, who have attended only 2 meetings this calendar year, you have one more chance to be eligible. Here are those names:

Rick C.
    Luis Baezaponte
    Jared ?

Here is the section in our Charter that addresses Elections:

Here is the entire Charter:
    http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.ListAll&friendId=333421476

Feel free to discuss if you have any questions/concerns.:)

2. Velcro

Velcro Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2007
    Id like to raise my hand to nominate me for pres of 2010!!! WOOOOOT!!!

3. Thumpy

May 3, 2005
    Nels, please reread the original post and Charter section.

Official nominations shall be posted in January 2010.

Thanks for your genuine enthusiasm!:)[face_dancing][face_love]

btw - if there is a contest for a position(s), there will be a QA thread(s) set up in February 2010, so that candidates can field questions from members.

Long live the Rebellion and the Republic!

4. Azuren_Zyblade

Azuren_Zyblade Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 24, 2007

No reason not to start running early as to get a jump on the competition.

5. Thumpy

May 3, 2005
    Just wanted to make sure everyone is on the same page, that's all.

But you're absolutely right in the spirit of our club. You can campaign for yourself or others as much as you want! Have at it! Have fun! This is what the discussion thread is for; it is a free for all for anything politics; but no finger pointing or anything negative about other members; save that 'civil' discussion for an elections contest if there's to be one in February 2010. (I know most everyone knows the grounds rules; I'm just saying it for the sake of saying it, particularly for those who just browse our forum and wish to know how this club operates.):)

btw - here are the exact job responsibilities that an elected person would be charged with. Think carefully whether this is something that you want. It's just not a title that you're holding as everyone knows.

6. Velcro

May 22, 2007
    I Read that post!!!!

HRR FanForce Charter posted:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ARTICLE III - THE LEADERSHIP GUILD

The Leadership Guild shall consist of a President, Vice-President, Secretary, and Treasurer (see Section B on elections). The affairs of the fan club will be managed by this Leadership Guild, which shall meet as needed. The meeting will be held on such date, at such hour and in such place, as designated by the general consensus of the Leadership Guild as a whole.

Section A - Leadership Guild Duties
    The duties of the Leadership Guild members of the Hampton Roads Rebellion will consist of the following:

President = Super Pimp Velcro " You all know you want it!!!!!!"

Create meeting agendas.
    Conduct monthly meetings on important club matters.
    Take the lead and/or delegate responsibilities on official marketing projects and special event organizing.
    Liaison with community about the fan club's activities.
    Act as Historian and Webmaster if Secretary is unable to perform such duties.
    Possibly serve as moderator in the online forum.
    Preside over disciplinary, hearing, voting, and other due process proceedings.

Vice-President

Assist in creating meeting agenda.
    In the absence of the President, conduct monthly meetings on important club matters.
    Assist in official marketing projects and special event organizing.
    Liaison with community about the fan club activities.
    Record all votes at meetings on any issue.
    Act as Historian and Webmaster if Secretary is unable to perform such duties.
    Possibly Serve as moderator in the online forum.

Secretary

Assist in creating meeting agenda.
    Keep and post minutes for official meetings.
    Keep member contact information up-to-date.
    Distribute cards/e-cards for special occasions.
    Handle written correspondence with outside agencies or groups as needed.
    Keep official records of any and all disciplinary actions made upon members.
    Act as Historian, whose responsibilities include documenting special events and occasions and archiving photo and digital pictures.
    Perform Webmaster responsibilities if the Webmaster is unable to perform such duties.
    Possibly serve as moderator in the online forum.

Treasurer

Careful collection and calculation of donated revenue.
    Track expenses.
    Disclose the club's financial status.
    Perform Webmaster responsibilities if the Webmaster or Secretary is unable to perform such duties.

7. Velcro

May 22, 2007
    =P hehehehe Im posting hehehehe

8. Velcro

May 22, 2007
    OOOOOOOOHHHHH!!!!!!!! and by the way why IS'NT the charter also listed under the charter section of the forum hmmmmmmmmm!!!!

As yoda would say " HMMM Fishy it seemshmmmm...."

9. Thumpy

May 3, 2005
    Funny.[face_laugh]

There's a process to amend the Charter - Article VII Section A.

I've asked Meriwyn to give me access to the "HRR Charter/By-Laws sticky" last December. She didn't get around to it. I thought it didn't matter since the Charter could be viewed up on our previous website for most of the year.

It can be presently viewed here:
    http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.ListAll&friendId=333421476

Also, as a member AND Website Admin, you could have addressed this with me long before now...hmmmm. You did attend 3 meetings, have PM ability on this forum, or could have said something outright. hmmmm.

But to address your concern, I'll PM Meriwyn one more time to see if she can give me access.

10. Velcro

May 22, 2007
    Thank you sir. there is no need to send some one here outright to the myspace page to view it too lol

11. Azuren_Zyblade

Jan 24, 2007
    woot

Nice to see everyone posting.

12. Thumpy

May 3, 2005
    Yeah, Nels has posted 7 times within last 24 hours alone! Didn't know elections talk would flush people out in such a way![face_thinking][face_alien_1]

13. Velcro

May 22, 2007
    its only cuase i have my rum and coke lol

14. Thumpy

May 3, 2005
    As of today, those eligible to run for Office come January '10:

Jim Sznoluch
    Mike Shipp
    Alan Ibarra
    Lem Apperson
    Nels Mize
    Rick Csernelabics

Since we waived the 3 meeting eligibility requirement for Rick, I see no reason why we can't extend it to Luis or Jared. So if you guys wish to run, please post here or contact me. Otherwise, it'll be assumed you have no desire to be eligible.

15. Thumpy

May 3, 2005
    Unless anyone has objections, nominations (to be conducted in this forum only) may begin Jan. 14th; it'll run for 2 weeks, which I think is plenty of time for people to post/check on the forums about the process. it'll run through Jan. 31st.

Any concerns about this?

If there's a contest, Q&A threads would be posted and moderated by the current leadership(me) and the respective candidates from Feb. 1st - 5th.

Feb. 6th is our monthly meeting where we'd have the official vote (persons who can't make the meeting would PM Meriwyn, our Regional Rep., by Feb.4th - 5th, and their absentee votes would be counted that way.)

fun stuff ahead.....

16. Azuren_Zyblade

Jan 24, 2007
    I will be nominating Rick Csernelabics for Vice President.

Good Luck Rick!

17. engineer

engineer Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 16, 2007
    I know it is a little early, but I would like to nominate the following:

President - Nels Mize

Secretary - Mike Shipp

Treasurer - Joe

18. Thumpy

May 3, 2005
    Actually you brought up a good topic for discussion. The Treasurer position has always been stated in our Charter as an appointed position. Why? Because our FanForce was originally conceived as one that does not charge dues to its members, thus eliminating the need to track income/expenses.

In the past,the FF club has collected donations from time to time and its accounting was done by one or more of the leadership folks. People have made in-kind donations, e.g. HRR banner, food/drinks, and some others donated funds for the purchase of website software. I'm sure there's other stuff people may have given, but those are the only things I can think of at the top of my head right now.

If tracking $$ derived from donations is something the FF needs in the future, then appointing a Treasurer is an available option.

For purposes of nominations, let's just stick with President/CR, VP, and Secretary.

btw - Joe only attended 2 meetings last year (Jan. and Mar.). (I know he was at Cantina nite in Nov. that afternoon the meeting was cancelled due to the library's closing)) But unless he speaks up somewhere in our forum and states his intention or contacts me indicating a genuine interest in running for an office, he'll be ineligible to be nominated. Same goes for Luis and Jared.

19. Velcro

May 22, 2007
    I second ricks post =P

20. Azuren_Zyblade

Jan 24, 2007
    ""If tracking $$ derived from donations is something the FF needs in the future, then appointing a Treasurer is an available option.

For purposes of nominations, let's just stick with President/CR, VP, and Secretary.""

Yeah I agree with that statement.
    We can always appoint a Treasurer if and when we might need one.
    Good planning.

21. Thumpy

May 3, 2005
    And, let's say, hypothetically, we want to change the Treasurer to an "elected" position, then all we would have to do is amend Article III and vote on it. No problem there.

In a way, appointing a Treasurer is indirect voting b/c the leadership picks the person - the leadership that was elected and voted into office. [face_idea]

22. Velcro

May 22, 2007
    I no say crap about treasurer lol i just said second his post for main nominees

23. Thumpy

May 3, 2005
    I started the official Nominations thread:
    http://boards.theforce.net/hampton_roads_va/b10780/30692382/p1/?0

We may continue any discussions here in this thread.

Please keep things civil and respectful.:)

24. Thumpy

May 3, 2005
    Remember, if you nominate someone, the nominee must ACCEPT or DECLINE in order to be a an official candidate for the position. We want to hear it from the nominee!

Nominees, please post your intention in the new thread.

If you nominate yourself, nothing else is required. No one else needs to second you or anything.

Continue to discuss here if you have questions/concerns/comments. That's what this thread is for.

Let's keep the peace!

25. Thumpy

May 3, 2005
    6 days left in the nominations phase.

[image=http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i266/Naar_Birala/997STS_Michael_Ironside_002.jpg]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.