main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Disk Defrag question

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by jada_marnew, Jan 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jada_marnew

jada_marnew Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 22, 2003
    I've been trying to run the Disk Defrag program and every time in keeps restarting. I've run Norton Antivirus, Ad-Aware (Lavasoft) and shut down the screen saver.

Disk Defrag will still not run because it keeps saying drive contents have changed.

Suggestions? Anyone? :D

2. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    It means you have a program still running in the background. Try to shut everything down except for Windows itself.

3. Dikion

Dikion Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 3, 2003
    Does it not run or does it keep starting over? Cause sometimes you've gotta let it go. I've left some running overnight. You just have to hang out until the 10th time it restarts and click the option to keep starting over and not to prompt again.
    I've also had some where defrag ran for days and never got anywhere. I ended up upgrading the OS then defragging and going back to the old OS because of hardware issues.

-D-

4. jada_marnew

jada_marnew Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 22, 2003
    It means you have a program still running in the background. Try to shut everything down except for Windows itself.

OK, shut down Norton and Zone Alarm while defraging? That might be the problem.

I've tried letting the thing run and in the morning it is still doing the same thing.

EDIT: Finally! I got everything shut down and then was able to run it. Thanks [face_happy]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.