Disney Buys LucasFilm: Star Wars 7 Planned To Release 2015

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by jaoblias, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Sistros Force Ghost

star 6
  2. Hogne Force Ghost

star 1
    Now, I don't like this. I mean, I really, really, really don't like this. But please: Tell me how Disney can screw up the EU continuity any worse than what George Lucas himself is doing with Clone Wars these days?
  3. Hutts Can't Run Jedi Knight

star 1
    My jaw has not dropped so low for so so long.... Episode 7! :eek:
  4. FORCEFED Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    i can't wait until jafar is cgi'ed into all the prequel trilogy films!!!
  5. WhiskeyGold Force Ghost

star 4
  6. jaoblias Jedi Master

star 1
    Well if 7 is in fact direct continuation that puts, -Truce At Bakura,-Marvel Star Wars,-ROGUE SQUADRON, and many others on the EU chopping block.
  7. Sistros Force Ghost

star 6
    [face_rofl]

welcome back oldbies and Forcefed :p
  8. fistofan1 Force Ghost

star 4
    I have a hard time believing this for three reasons:

1) This is totally out of the blue. One would think there would be some kind of build-up for a story this big.

2) Lucas has said countless times (even within the past year, if I'm not mistaken) that there will be no more SW movies.

3) Even if GL doesn't want to directly influence SW anymore, I don't think he would hand the reins over to another company. He's made it clear over the years that he considers the films to be his story.
    Sistros likes this.
  9. Skaddix Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    What a shocker. Talk about Game Changing.
  10. Sistros Force Ghost

star 6
    well said fistoffan1
  11. Hutts Can't Run Jedi Knight

star 1
    To be fair, it has happened! He wants his films to outlive him and wants it to be an ongoing franchise - his own words! $4 billion is a lot of reasons to change one's mind.
  12. PiettsHat Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm pretty sure it's true. Disney has already started advertising at originaltrilogy.com/forum

It's actually rather hilarious. I go to look over the reactions to the news and BAM -- there's a banner advertising Disney World, right at the top of the screen.
  13. Darth_Harmon Force Ghost

star 3
    I'd be far more inclined to accept more movies if they were not a part of the episodic stories but rather it's own thing, like Star Wars The Clone Wars. Episode VII implies that there is something essential to tell after episode VI, but as we've seen it's essentially prolonging the rebel's victory and dragging out more fighting. Vader doesn't need any more story, he was redeemed. Luke establishing a new Jedi order would be interesting, but not sure if it's episode VII worthy.
  14. Sistros Force Ghost

star 6
    it does seem rather out the blue though :p

for something this big
  15. Hogne Force Ghost

star 1
    I don't understand how some people said this is out of the blue. I seem to remember that G. Lucas said earlier this year that he was planning to retire. He just secured his pension, that's all.
  16. rhonderoo Former Head Admin

star 9
    Last edited by rhonderoo, Oct 30, 2012
  17. WhiskeyGold Force Ghost

star 4
    what does this mean for Paramount's roll in Indiana Jones
  18. Vagabond Force Ghost

star 1
    So, Episode VII, which would take place after Return of the Jedi. So, Luke, fat Leia, and Han are all pretty old by now. Is there any chance they could make a reappearance? Luke and Leia would almost have to return as they're the only "Jedi" left. The Heir to the Empire trilogy would have made good movies, if they'd have been made when the actors were younger.

I'd always wanted episodes 7 - 9, until I saw the mess that George made of the prequel trilogy. Now? I guess I'm not sure what would happen next. Maybe a second trilogy written by a competent director could be made cool again.

I have to say, I'm half expecting someone to come out and say this is some kind of prank. When will the other shoe drop?
  19. Darth_Zidious Force Ghost

star 4
    I haven't been here in years!

Lucas repeatedly said there would be no more movies. I think he even said he legally tied it down so no one could do it after he died.

I have to say I'm happy, though. EU doesn't exist for me so I couldn't care less about that. I hope the movie is good.
  20. Darth_Kiryan Force Ghost

star 4
    I don't even know how they are going to make this work. I mean, what the hell can they possibly......some of these books deserve to stay as books. Can't ruin them that way.
  21. Hutts Can't Run Jedi Knight

star 1
    What is the best case scenario here? The prequels were hardly a universal success story - is there much of an appetite for another series of films? I was really looking forward to the live action TV series as the premise sounded good. I can't get the idea out of my head of Episode 7 being Revenge of the Jar Jars.
    Last edited by Hutts Can't Run, Oct 30, 2012
  22. Jeditheskyisblue Jedi Master

star 4
    I have a bad feeling about this as well. I just don't see how they can make a Ep 7 without Luke, Leia, Han, and Chewie. But I don't want them to recast. And I also don't want every few years there to be a new Star Wars. Until Star Wars is nothing but oh no they making another one of those type of movies.
  23. WhiskeyGold Force Ghost

star 4
    Out of all the people he could have sold it to, i think disney is the best.
    Disney just said on the Live call feed that 2015 will be the start of a new triology.
  24. UK Sullustian Force Ghost

star 4
    This will bring the JC back to life... but maybe not in a good way.
  25. Darth_Harmon Force Ghost

star 3
    Lucas discusses the future!