main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

General Disney buys Lucasfilm.

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Jedi_Jimbo, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Jedi_Jimbo

Jedi_Jimbo Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2004
  2. Yoshee

Yoshee Former RSA & CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2002
    Look on the bright side, George won't be writing or directing it. I think it's going to be a good thing.

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I'd say ITV1 had real good timing with their current showing of the 6 films..

4. DarthTerrious

DarthTerrious Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 16, 2001
    I think Ol' George is the lesser of two evils.

Star Wars just for the sake of it....well thats how the press release reads.

Reminds me i need to watch the films (with Itv ad breaks) again, havent done so in a long time.

Yoshee likes this.
  5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Well, ESB is on this coming Saturday on ITV1..

6. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    This could be both good and bad.

Bad because I don't really feel a new trilogy needs to be made because the story as it was was resolved well enough and Lucas said he would never do more.

Good because without Lucas' input being law others with better ideas could make much better movies. So long as the story is good and a decent director is selected (rumours of Matthew Vaughn make me happy, he would be a good choice) I think the movies could revive the franchise again.
    Also, hopefully it will revive this place. We could do with some more members and conversation topics.