main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Disney Infinity 3.0

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Yunzabit, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    In Disney Infinity 3.0 Twilight of the Republic, it has a story exclusive to the game. Is it canon?

2. DelRiego

DelRiego Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    I asked, most people agreed that no.

3. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    It would be a wonderful and refreshing change if game stories weren't canon unless deliberately designed to be a canonical narrative.

Then games could just be games and we could stop worrying. It would free the medium from constraints and let designers focus on making good products.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

4. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    So like this? :p

[​IMG]

5. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    No, Lucas told them not to get too hung up on continuity and to just have fun. So TFU would be the definition of a game that shouldn't have been canon.

I said canonical narrative, not just a game with a narrative. Unless it's written specifically for fitting into the canon then forget about it and let a game be a game.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

6. JMSwallow

JMSwallow Author: SW Insider, SW Fact Files VIP

May 22, 2005
    I'll paraphrase here what I said over in the Games forum...

I'm the scriptwriter on Twilight of the Republic, I worked with Ninja Theory and Disney Interactive on the story, dialogue and design (along with character scripts for the prequel era and Rebels IGP characters). When we came up with the core plotline for this playset, we did our best to make it connect with existing lore as much as possible; the intention was to make it feel like a lost episode of the Clone Wars series. Everything I wrote was vetted and approved by the Lucasfilm Story Group.

At a push, I'd like to say it's canonical...from a certain point of view... :ben: ...but as always, YMMV.

Overall, what mattered the most to us was creating a fun and exciting story that feels like Star Wars and doesn't undermine any of the other fiction from the GFFA. I hope people will enjoy it....

7. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Canon or not is there resolution for Darth Maul?

8. JMSwallow

May 22, 2005
    I can't give out any plot spoilers.

Zorrixor and darthcaedus1138 like this.
  9. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Well the trailer shows Maul and the Death Watch and Cad Bane and what looks like a showdown with Maul on Naboo...

... Continuity loophole fixed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. JMSwallow

May 22, 2005
    I can neither confirm nor deny...

Zorrixor and Sinrebirth like this.
  11. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    More so me talking aloud.

I'd like to say thank you, though, on behalf of the staff here, for signing up and contributing to our discussion. The work and you and your team has done has convinced me to purchase Disney Infinity!

GrimdarkRose and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  12. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    (You can thank him on behalf of the rank-and-file users too, you know! :p So rarely do we see actual authors posting here anymore...)

Zorrixor and Sinrebirth like this.
  13. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    No, walkthroughs confirm that Maul survives yet again and the Jedi are fully aware of the fact

darthcaedus1138 likes this.
  14. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    That too.

Though they could thank him themselves too :p

15. JMSwallow

May 22, 2005
    Much appreciated! It's great to see the game out now and being enjoyed. I've had a blast working with Ninja Theory, Disney Interactive and Lucasfilm on this... Back when I was a journalist I got to write a lot of 'factual' SW stuff, but this is my first true venture into fiction from the GFFA, and I hope it won't be the last.

16. DelRiego

DelRiego Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
  17. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Wait, wait, wait, this game has Gascon?! I'm sold. :cool:

AdmiralWesJanson and DelRiego like this.
  18. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    In this game, do you get to see the bright blue lasers like the trailer where Princess Leia shot an Imperial Officer. I think that was from the OT version that will be available later this month, unless you bought the Playstation 4 Special Edition. Let me know, I love those light blue aqua lasers.