main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Buff, NY DISNEY JUST BOUGHT LUCASFILM -- EPISODE VII AND BEYOND COMING

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by BPStoyle, Oct 30, 2012.

1. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    Star Wars sing-a-long? Did we learn nothing from the holiday special?

[face_cowboy] Wookiee jug band blues? (Remember there was a Counrty Bears movie from Disney at one point...)

2. DEE_SKYWALKER

DEE_SKYWALKER Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 12, 2011
    I am happy that Uncle George passed the torch. Another director and another writer will infuse some new juices into the franchise and now with Disney, Star Wars WILL NEVER die.

3. BPStoyle

BPStoyle Social Media Admin star 4

Jan 5, 2010
  4. HipsterJedi34

HipsterJedi34 Jedi Youngling

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm very skeptical, but we'll see how it goes.

5. WookieeJedi

WookieeJedi Merchandise Coordinator/North Ridge Diplomat star 4

Jun 15, 2009
    Whats this rumor I heard that Vader is going to be in episode VII????? please tell me its just a rumor

GrandAdmDraco likes this.
  6. GrandAdmDraco

GrandAdmDraco Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 12, 2011
    I agree. The Star Wars universe is so much more than Han, Luke, Leia and Vader. There is so much that can be explored and so many characters that can be looked at to not have to clone another.

If it's a trilogy, they may be looking at a big baddie for it and frankly.. the expanded universe has very few.

Thrawn could work, but they are going so very far outside his time and with the Vong defeated I don't see a reason for him to return like Zahn mentioned.

Jacen cannot work. He would, but we have no intro, no buildup. No knowing him as a jedi before he's a sith lord. So it would be a waste doing that.

the Vong could, but it's so detailed that it would need more tha 3 movies.

Dalaa - too far past her age.

boba fett - too much like han to be bad for 3 movies(he's out for himself/his assignment/"it's just a job")

etc etc etc
    They would want to have a lightsaber fight and they would want a major foe for luke. So it needs to be a sith. And sadly.. I guess they cannot think of something new....

I'm not sure all the actors could reprise their roles like everyone else can and does. Unless they play cameos and focus on the kids and others.. I'd be interested in seeing how this develops.

I already know I'm going to be one of those guys who needs psudo spoilers of the movie.(The general plot(aka what you see in the trailer not too detailed), who's in the movie, and how it affects the EU)

lol