main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Disney plans to make 10 more star wars films.

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by black_saber, Mar 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    My general feeling is that EU is EU. Even with Disney and their Nu-canon, until Erza shows up in a movie, it seems like they're treating it the same to me.

We had EU from that era before KOTOR. I'm sure that KOTOR is more popular and well known that any of the comics or anything like that, but you're still talking about a fraction of the audience you're trying to address with a tent-pole movie release. I don't think it would be a waste of time time at all for Disney if they visit that era without recycling KOTOR.

2. PaperSkin

PaperSkin Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 12, 2015
    I'm looking forward to the new movie they've announced that's part of the slate.. The Secret Romance (a star wars story)

The movie is in prequel times when Anakin was sweet 16, its set on Alderaan where Anakin is on his first holiday away from the Jedi.. its about Jar Jar and Anakin's one off secret summer romance where they talk about their hate of sand and stepping in poo...

Green Greedo likes this.
  3. Cyreides

Cyreides Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 19, 2014
    i'm not implying it'll be a waste of time if they don't work off of KOTOR for an old republic movie, it'll sell regardless and they can basically do whatever they want, no matter what. Disney and the franchise are in that position, but that's not the point.

they'll likely piss on a lot of fans by doing something like that, when people have been asking for it since we found out new movies would be made (and even before then). it's discouraging and stupid to see so much content get tossed out and potentially wasted... people were already pissed off about the EU in general being tossed, and KOTOR is one of the biggest parts of it, not only catering to comic/book/movie SW fans, but the many many gamers who praised the series

i also feel like it'd do a nice service to a lot of PT fans if something from KOTOR I or II was done after all the drama surrounding it and the ST

4. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    If there are 5 more movies and one is Kenobi and one is Mace, then maybe a 4th trilogy. I hope not. Since I'd love to see a Yoda movie, then there would be two remaining and they couldn't be a trilogy.

MillenniumFalcon2015 likes this.
  5. luketheforeigner

luketheforeigner Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2016

6. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    Or as good as the prequels.

7. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Lets not get into THAT debate yet again. This is neither the time nor the place.

8. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    Yes! Yes! To Thrawn082 you listen!

9. Silent Android

Silent Android Jedi Master star 1

Jan 1, 2016
    Not before GONK does!

10. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006
    This is going to throw off the whole machete style of viewing these movies. It used to be you'd watch 4,5,1,2,3,6,7 but now if they are going to have 8,9 and possibly 10,11,12 does it matter if you watch ANH first? Where would Rogue One fall into this? I can see the Han Solo being a true stand off film and not a required viewing same with the 2nd spin off movie.

11. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    If R1 is Star Wars 3.9, the Solo movie will be about 3.5, and a Kenobi movie about 3.3.

They will all hold little flashback snippets of info that matter to the main Saga. They will all need to be Macheted.

CarboniteSolo likes this.
  12. MasterMoolah

MasterMoolah Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 25, 2015
    Great news, but not surprising. This is a cow that will be milked for many years. I love the idea of a Mace Windu movie, especially if they find a way to bring back his character during the years between Episode 3 and 4 and getting hunted down by Vader and the Inquisitors. I want to see the Old Republic at some point in time too though, but I think that's years away.

black_saber likes this.
  13. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    I would love to see knights of the new republic stuff and try to reach areas of the timeline in the Star Wars universe that has not been touched. Like a thousand years into the future

I also would love to see a movie or a TV show about the new republic taking place between Return of the jedi and the Force awakens. The battles, X wing dog fights, and the birth of the first order.

14. Millennium Falcon 888

Millennium Falcon 888 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    Oh yes, the thirty years between the events of ROTJ and TFA is perfect for not just one but two or more movies... All featuring different characters although one that focuses on Kylo Ren and Rey's back stories will be interesting... As well as what you mentioned - how the First Order came into being, from the ashes of the former Empire.

Of course all these will have to be much later, when Episodes 8 and 9 have been released!

15. iamtherebelspy

iamtherebelspy Jedi Youngling

Apr 23, 2016
    I would really love to see something like the Jedi Academy books covered (so long ago) during Qui-Gon +Obi-Wan's training before The Phantom Menace... I could also get really into the idea of his story in-between ROTS + ANH. I was not a Mace Windu fan at all unfortunately so that would hold no interest to me :(. But I would love to see some stories which really showcase the jedi as the " guardians of the peace in the galaxy".

Additionally I think those 30 years inbetween ROTJ + TFA is so important, as well as the new elements introduced in TFA- The Knights of Ren, First Order, Republic - Resistance - First Order, Luke training the young Jedi... I am sure may of these will be discussed in 8 + 9 (hopefully).

Oh... and also... Knights of the Old Republic would may an AMAZING Netflix series.

16. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    It would never happen, but I'd truly love to see a Han and Chewie buddy movie set between ROTJ and TFA. I guess the novels and comics will fill in that gap for me.

17. Lt. Hija

Lt. Hija Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2015
    Rabs wrote

I want a goddamn Yoda anthology. A trilogy about the little green Grand Master would be ideal for me but I seriously doubt that will ever happen. An anthology about an adventure he had as a young knight seems possible, though. Would be epic.

I agree, here is the oldest and funniest proposal:

Yoda: The Teen Years
    [​IMG]
    "In this coming-of-age adventure set hundreds of years in Star Wars‘ past, the focus is on a young Master Yoda during his tumultuous school years. We’ll see the rebellious young Jedi develop his penchant for stealing anything that isn’t bolted down, eating strange, hallucinogenic swamp mushrooms, and flunking out of all four years of English class."

http://geekleagueofamerica.com/2013/02/05/five-ideas-for-future-standalone-star-wars-movies/

18. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
  19. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    Movies that come to mind:

Tales of the "modern" Jedi - The Jedi Order from Yoda, Mace, Dooku, Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, Anakin in the years before TPM to TCW.

Tales of the "ancient" Jedi - From a thousand years before TPM and the fall of the Sith to the start of the Jedi and Sith.

Underworld - Pirates, smugglers, scoundrels and bounty hunter from Han and Boba Fett to all kinds of other characters.

Darth Vader between III and IV. (Of course you could do in-between V and VI but that is a bit too close to the direct saga story I think).

Luke and allies between VI and VII.

20. panki

panki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2016
    I'd love to see the following-

1) A Lando movie- timelines alternating between a young Lando and an older Lando. (he is remembering his adventures)

2) The Han Solo movie being based on Scoundrels where his group infiltrates and steals from the Black Sun gang. (with a small appearance by young Lando)- an oceans eleven type movie.

3) A Quinlan Vos movie (after order 66- a gritty movie where he is trying to escape to his home planet helped by pirates and bounty hunters....and pursued by the Imperials) Or a spy thriller with Quinlan Vos and Spymaster Tholme.

4) A Boba Fett movie between the time of ROTJ and TFA

5) A young Mace Windu movie which shows us more about the Gosh Windu clan, and how to developed the Vapaad technique.

6) A young Darth Sidious movie (from young idealist to Sith Lord) - his uneasy relationship with his family, his relationship with Plageius, the massacre of his family and finally his killing Plageuis to become the Master.
    Or a Darth Bane story (where he brings in the rule of two)

7) A young Qui Gon Jinn's story (from padawan to knight......with a younger Dooku and their adventures...where we see the problems with the jedi order through his eyes)

8) A children's movie about Chewbacca and his family...life on planet Kashykk.

9) An epic style movie titled 'Malachor' (the events that took place that resulted in the carnage that we saw during the Rebels season 2 finale...since they've now made it a sith vs. jedi battle)

10) An Obi-wan movie about his caring for young Luke on Tatooine....and his dealings with the jawa, the Hutts, surviving jedi, Imperials and the rebels.

21. CarboniteSolo

CarboniteSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 11, 2013
    I too would like to see 1, 4, 8, and 10. I think we'll get something really special with Han Solo: A Star Wars Story. We'll finally get to see how Han and Chewie met, and Chewie's life debt to Han began.

A young Luke growing up, as Obi-wan watches over him, as he deals with scum and villainy in Anchorhead and Mos Eisley.

A young Lando and Han adventure.

And of course a post ROTJ Boba Fett movie.

22. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    10 movies.........one of them is bound to have Obi Wan in.........[face_praying]

23. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    watch them how ever you won't or wish. I watch 1-6 stop then watch 1-6 again. Great films.

24. GoJohnnyGo

GoJohnnyGo Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 19, 2012
    Although it has been denied, a reboot PT or single stand alone story of Anakin is inevitable. Maybe not soon, but 10 to 15 years from now will be like 25 years from the PT and nobody will be offended.

black_saber likes this.
  25. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.