Lg.Is, NY Disney Purchases Marvel

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by TheBothanJedi, Sep 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBothanJedi Jedi Master

star 2
    I finally got a chance to look at today's Newsday, and what I saw on the second page just surprised the living daylights out of me. It was Spider-Man in a Mickey Mouse hat underneath the headline Disney buys Marvel for $4 Billion.

So what does this mean for some of our favorite costumed heroes? What will Disney do now that it owns Marvel?

Personally, I can see this going very badly.

The first thing that pops into my mind is several bad mash-up characters such as Spider-Mouse or Iron Duck.

Another likely result is a Kingdom Hearts-style series of video games involving Disney characters interacting with Marvel characters.

Then there's the possibility of reducing famous Marvel characters to a level of simplicity so low that they would star in brand new cartoons that even 3 and 4 year olds would consider to be dumbed down.

And finally, in potentially the scariest the possibility I can come up with, a leader of the comic book industry starts publishing Jonas Brothers, Wizards of Waverly Place, Hannah Montanna, Suite Life, and High School Musical comic books.

So, what do you guys think? What will happen now that Disney owns Marvel?
  2. RnRJedi007 Force Ghost

star 3
    Dan, I read that too. I was suprised by that too.Plus all the Marvel rides at Universal Parks (Disney rival)? I wonder what will happen with that.

<<The first thing that pops into my mind is several bad mash-up characters such as Spider-Mouse or Iron Duck. >>
    They did that already with the Star Wars/ disney

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/TAC/DisneySWAll.jpg

3. MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master

star 4
    Is it possible they just bought the movie rights part of Marvel? I would think though Disney owns Marvel, they would keep them seperate in the way they market each. It doesnt make any sense to merge the two. --Billy
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.