main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Disney really wants to land the live action series, and expand SW at MGM.

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by FloridaFilmGuy, Aug 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Agreed. I think I'm the only person in the whole univserse that doesn't like SERENTIY! ;)

2. Jango_Fettish

Jango_Fettish Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 17, 2002
    (Luke/) I'm with you too! (/Luke)

3. BlackPool

BlackPool Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 29, 2000
    I think it's funny and quite typical of Lucas to blame Disney for the failure of the UIJC. The problem is that show was flat out boring. If he tries to make the live action SW show "educational" like that it won't last anywhere near 100 episodes either. People want action and adventure from Lucas, not his values and not his tutelage (unless it pertains to filmmaking).

Anyway, I always thought Disney and Star Wars were a good fit in terms of the cohesion of the stories which are basically fairytales. I know business wise it's a different matter, but I'm hoping Disney gets it more because as mentioned previously, Fox will most likely cancel it early. I know I'm a little bitter toward Lucas right now, but I still want him to have a chance to succeed with this. All you have to do is look at what happened to Firefly (that's just one of many, but I mention it because of it's similarity to SW)! Now if Lucas makes it a Star Wars reality show with singing and dancing(an oxymoron, I know) then it might stand a chance of keeping their interest. I'm kidding of course, but you know what I mean? I guess it would all depend on how much Fox is willing to risk for this to be a success. But, still, I would rather see Disney get it.

4. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I dunno, with Lost I didn't have any problems with the 3rd season- I always felt the show was more about the standalone/semi-continuing flashbacl stories more than it was the island mysteries (even if it appears to be about the latter initially). I've always been concerned that if Lost got too fast-tracked towards a definitive conclusion or end-point, we'd lose a lot of those flashback stories, a lot of which I'm still hoping we get to see the conclusions to and how they tie together before the island.

I would think JMS would be more famous for that than Whedon. I think Joss is known more for his dialogue and strong female characters.

5. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    Joss palnned out Buffy so well that in Season 2, Spike says Angel is his sire and then a couple years later we see that isn't the case. I like Joss as much as the next guy but come on. I do not much care for Babylon 5 but it was indeed planned out well.

6. Lufta Shif

Lufta Shif Jedi Master star 2

May 31, 2000
    Did anyone get the SW.com / hyperspace survey email this morning? The survey asked, among other questions, what websites do you visit. One the choices was disney.com

Hmmmmmmm......[face_thinking]

Lufta Shif

7. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003

hmmm...the plot thickens!

whostheBossk likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.