Disney SW weekends 2008

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by greencat336, May 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Is anyone interested in planning for a mass FF trip to the SW Disney weekends in May of 2008. We could all stay in the same hotel, maybe plan to all meet for dinner one evening.

Yes, 2008 is two years away, but if there really is a CIV in 2007, many of us will be going to that.

And since trips to Disney are a bit expensive, two years gives everyone time to save their pennies.

Anyone interested?
  2. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    That was the year I was hoping to get down there for the SW Weekends too actually! And for the same reasons. I figured on 2007 being CIV year so maybe 2008 we'd be able to swing a FL trip.

~Doc_Bev
  3. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I think it would be very cool if a huge number of us FF folks went down together, on the same weekend.
  4. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    My first guess is that the last weekend might be a good one as I believe that is typically the Official SW Fan Club weekend.

Other factors that would affect my decision are what weekend other 501st/RL members might be heading down and personal schedule/local club events during that time. Normally I would also say what guests they have for each weekend would drive my decision, but since they don't announce that until only a month before hand it doesn't do me much good...

~Doc_Bev
  5. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    *grin* I figured we wouldn't settle on which specific weekend in May until 2008 got a little closer.
  6. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    If there is going to be a big trip down my wife and I will want totag along. We wanted to go this year but couldn't since Ginger is pregnant.
  7. AT-AT_Commander Jedi Master

star 4
    That would be sweet!!! My wife and i actually planning a trip down there that year. So a great get together would be sweet.
  8. DarthCalculus Jedi Padawan

I think its a FAN tastic Idea ( sry about the bad pun) est to start saving now. One good way to get there chea is to find online timeshares people are willing to rent out, usually they can hold between 4-8 people and come with kitchens and such so you are not forced to eat at disney's uber-pricey restaurants. I would like to throw my 'hood' into the ring- Darth Calculus
  9. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    *grin*

Glad to hear there is some interest in this little idea.
  10. chewykingwookie Jedi Master

star 4
    I may be down for this. I have wanted to go to a Disney SW weekend since I heard about them a few yrs ago. We wanted to go this year but my wife got prego and couldn't. Next year is out because of CIV if that happens that is. So the following could be a go for us depending on if we have another wookie around that time that is. lol
  11. WANNA-BE-JEDI-KNIGHT Jedi Master

star 3
    I'm up for another one. I went this year for the first time and I had a blast. It would have been nice had I know some people down there. But I did meet some fascinating characters!
  12. Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Master

star 4
    I was down there for SW Weekends '05 and it was a lot of fun! I got a lot of great pics with my son and I with costumed characters, both at stationary posts and while wandering around the park. There were a few tables set up giving away free TCG starter packs and other things too.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.