main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Disney taking down videos of Anakin Vs. Obi Wan En Masse

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by bunsmuns, Feb 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bunsmuns

bunsmuns Jedi Youngling

Feb 12, 2016
    Yesterday I tried to watch the battle between obi wan and anakin on youtube- but I was surprised that I couldn't find a single video (except for a few low quality, non english versions)! I searched a little more, using a link from a website and found that Disney has taken down a lot of these videos due to copyright claim! I feel that this is outrageous! Lucasfilm has always allowed these videos to be shown on youtube! Is this a precedent for Disney's future actions regarding star wars film clips on youtube! Please bring attention to this issue, I feel that it is a huge danger for all of us! I happened to have a video clip downloaded on my computer so I uploaded the video onto youtube just to see what would happen. The very next day, even though my video only had like 5 views, got taken down! AHHHH

Antpocalypse likes this.
  2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Disney has always been strong on copy right claim but your right they really do take it over board sometimes.

3. Seeker Of The Whills

Seeker Of The Whills Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    I noticed it as well. I think they've taken down most all SW clips on YT, especially PT ones.

ObiWanKnowsMe likes this.
  4. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Simple they just want to us to keeping buying these and all SW stuff in spite of how many times we've already seen it. I understand protecting copyright, but allow a little fair use once in awhile (especially if there are no fan edits etc.). You may make more $ that way.

5. SW Saga Fan

SW Saga Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2015

Well, they've also deleted recently the "anti-cheese" and "mature" edits of the PT from Youtube. I've also noticed they are trying to delete the CAM versions of The Force Awakens which can be illegally downloaded from sites such as Pirate Bay.

Disney is pretty strong regarding copyright unlike the time when Lucas was still running Lucasfilm.

ObiWanKnowsMe likes this.
  6. ObiWanKnowsMe

ObiWanKnowsMe Jedi Master star 4

Sep 7, 2015
    I'm fine with these getting rid of the anti-cheese edits, those ruin the movie in my opinion. But if Disney is seriously going to start deleting lightsaber duels and famous scenes from YouTube than that's ridiculous. They're making a zillion dollars off of SW already and will forever, I doubt a few YT videos are gonna hurt them. I'm just glad that George Lucas ensured EU content and fan-made content could be continually made and Disney couldn't stop that

7. CommanderDrenn

CommanderDrenn Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 19, 2013
    YouTube has just become a storm of copy right claims now. Pretty much anything with copyrighted stuff in it (even if it follows fair use) is being taken down.

Dinos4Ever likes this.
  8. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Thanks for the heads up - I don't think this warrants its own thread.

Also, welcome to the boards!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.