main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Disney Theme Park Attractions to Be Based on TFA

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by phatdude1138, Dec 10, 2014.

1. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Meh...this is nothing new. He basically told us what we already knew - everyone already suspected Star Wars will be in the Disney Parks, it's just a matter of what and where. Hopefully whatever they announce will be worth the wait.

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  2. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    I hope we'll see something in Anaheim but with Celebration, SDCC, and D23 all happening in the same con season it's tough to predict which one they are going to use for the big announcements. For parks stuff I would say D23.

3. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    You're most likely going to have a replacement of the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular in Florida replaced with one from TFA and some new themed backlot areas to visit.

4. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012

The engineers that have worked on developing the Disney parks have always been called Imagineers.

Dewback likes this.
  5. Echo Base

Echo Base Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2013
    That's the most hilarious load of corporate bollocks I have heard all day. I can just imagine the position descriptions they put out with "imagineer" written on them. [face_rofl]

6. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012

LOL, you can laugh, but it is a highly sought after job and the folks that have it are proud to be Imagineers.

7. Echo Base

Jul 21, 2013
    Oh, I am sure it is prestigious to be working for Disney and that they are highly skilled designers. It is just the idiotic job title someone coined.

I am sorry, I just can't help wondering about the trendy HR guy or corporate manager who coined it thinking it would be a really cool title and the fact that Disney evidently use it in public, not just internally.

EDIT: Okay, I just looked it up in Wikipedia. If the Wiki article is to be trusted, here is the etymology of the term:

Hence, it seems Disney might not be guilty of coming up with it after all. Alcoa seems to have coined it. However, as Disney apparently have the copyright on the term, I think they are the ones I will sue for crimes against the English language anyway. ;)

8. unicron5

unicron5 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 19, 2002
    They should just bulldoze that California Adventures park and make that an entire Star Wars and Marvel themed park.

Star Tours is already there for the current movies though I guess.

9. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    After the huge investment they just put into the re-imagining of DCA? That's highly unlikely. Word on the street is Toontown is getting bulldozed for Star Wars at Disneyland.

And just a minor quibble, but Star Tours is located in Disneyland Park, not DCA. ;)

10. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    That company is run by horrible, horrible people.
    [​IMG]

11. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    Yeah, it's the dip for Toontown.

Luke'sSeveredHand likes this.
  12. hippie1kenobi

hippie1kenobi Force Ghost star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    Third gate for Anaheim. ;-)

A guy can dream, right?

13. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I have huge hopes for great SW stuff being added to Disney's Hollywood Studios in Orlando, alongside the existing Star Tours.

14. Luke'sSeveredHand

Luke'sSeveredHand Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2014
    I really want to have a glass of blue milk at the Mos Eisley cantina...

AdamSkywalker and EHT like this.
  15. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Every hour on the hour, Obi-Wan chops off Ponda Baba's arm. Followed about ten minutes later by Han Solo shooting Greedo.

Luke'sSeveredHand likes this.
  16. Luke'sSeveredHand

Luke'sSeveredHand Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2014
    "Sorry about the mess."

EHT likes this.
  17. VonDizzler

VonDizzler Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 28, 2014
    What I find interesting about Disney basing a theme park attraction on TFA is what the sequence wil be. It's something I don't think is discussed a lot here is the fun action sequence. There has to be one in TFA if they're basing rides off the movie ir else they'd just do a endor speeder bike ride or podrace ride or something.

18. Echo Base

Jul 21, 2013
    I presume it will be this chase scene:

Source: http://makingstarwars.net/2014/10/s...new-planet-description-star-wars-episode-vii/

19. VonDizzler

VonDizzler Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 28, 2014
    A ride where giant tentacle monsters chase you....I can dug that. Sounds like a fun scene in the movie if it's true!

Echo Base likes this.
  20. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I hope Disney World gets A Star Wars Land/Makeover because I am moving to Florida Next Year, Later this year I am going down there to look at Houses ....

21. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    I hate theme parks. That said, I will buy my tickets now if there's a Millennium Falcon turret gun attraction that allows you to shoot gungans out of the sky.

AdamSkywalker likes this.
  22. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001

I would say that's a very safe bet. It will most likely be coming to DHS (Disney's Hollywood Studios) and there have been rumors flying around that an announcement will be coming at D23 in August.

Also, good luck on the move! :)

23. Seeker Of The Whills

Seeker Of The Whills Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    OP, I wouldn't worry about Darth Vader attractions. It's already clear that they've shoehorned him into TFA as a flashback or whatever just so they can sell his plastic helmets and get dat sweet, sweet Vader money.

And wouldn't it be hilarious if the film turned out terrible and bombed? I can just imagine in my minds eye a couple of spider webs, a rolling tumbleweed and a coyote howling in one of these "cool" new attractions.

24. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    It was some guy named Walt Disney. The term has been used at least since the first theme park was under construction in the late 60's and Walt released 'behind the scenes' documentaries on the project.

Dewback, EHT and HanSolo29 like this.
  25. hippie1kenobi

hippie1kenobi Force Ghost star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    Priates of the Greenham Common. An audioanimatronic exravaganza...make it happen WDI. ;-)