main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussions Official Disney/EU discussion thread.

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Guinastasia, Jan 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Knight Kalin Vecto

Jedi Knight Kalin Vecto Jedi Youngling

Mar 23, 2014
    They should keep everything after ROTJ because a lot of the books written during that period were amazing.

Sinrebirth and Obi-yoda like this.
  2. Obi-yoda

Obi-yoda Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 10, 2014
    Agreed.
    [​IMG]

Gemma and Sinrebirth like this.
  3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    And an incomplete comic, to add to the other list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Desha Dorvan

Desha Dorvan Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2014
    *Lost fan girl, aimlessly wandering into a big, new, scary forum.* I'm just sad that the EU is going away when I've fallen in love a character (see sig), but I'll give the new film a chance. I've even asked off work already. :p Although I would be content forever if they were to have Wynn in a cameo (just a little one, it can be a second of screen time!) played by Marc Thompson, because the audiobooks are just brilliant. I adore his voices!!!! It would be glorious. One can dream, can't they?

5. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Welcome Desha Dorvan ! Hope to see you around the board. Perhaps you will find the Blue Moon Cantina to be a great place for socializing with others who enjoy the EU. ;)

6. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    Welcome to the forums, Desha Dorvan. :)

We are still unsure what parts will be kept or reworked but anything is possible. I agree with you, Marc Thompson does a great job on the audio books, same with Jonathan Davis, and several others for that matter. His work on Scoundrels was amazing with all the different performances he pulls off.

Also, the BMC is a fun play to hang out and be

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  7. TheLastMandal0rian

TheLastMandal0rian Jedi Padawan

Mar 24, 2014

The Legacy comics are incomplete?

8. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    The Invasion comics are incomplete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CPL_Macja likes this.
  9. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
  10. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    I can't wait to see what (if any) role Exar Kun has in any "new EU" that might exist. Kun is one my favorite characters and TOR depends on his existence.

11. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    He got referenced quite a bit in the most recent issue of The Illustrated Star Wars Fact File (the Yavin IV article) as was Naga Sadow.

12. Jaster's Legacy

Jaster's Legacy Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2014
    Not to be rude, but I hope they don't bring Chewbacca back, because that would completely void the NJO. Also, Peter Mayhew is in a wheelchair now, it would be wrong to use someone else.

13. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
  14. Jaster's Legacy

Jaster's Legacy Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2014
    Haha of course the moment I posted that, it is announced that Peter Mayhew is back.

15. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Would it really be a bad business move? Don't get me wrong, I'll be pissed if they nuked the EU, but do we really make up enough of the fanbase for them to care?

Lurknomore likes this.
  16. Padawan Fangirl

Padawan Fangirl Jedi Padawan star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    They could easily have Mayhew play Lowbacca or another Wookiee, right? It's all costume anyways.

I know most of the fanbase cares more about the movies than the EU, but I think there could be enough noise made if the EU is significantly tampered with or thrown out that Disney might have to change their minds. Keep in mind Heir to the Empire kept Star Wars popular before the prequels came out. And there's a ton of female characters in the EU in general, so they will have to keep that in mind.

Sent from my Z740 using Tapatalk

Iron_lord likes this.
  17. SWfan1020

SWfan1020 Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 15, 2013
    Instead of taking books out of print, is it possible that now, when we can instantly place orders for things on websites like Amazon, that older EU books could be offered by a print on demand service? I am thinking that rather than mass printing of books, books could be printed as they are requested. Are print on demand services offered currently by any major websites? With this model companies aren't printing more books than customers are buying, but books are still available for purchase by those who are interested in them. I know e-books are another option. What I am talking about is pretty much requesting a paper copy of an e-book.

18. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
  19. sluggo1313.

sluggo1313. Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 23, 2013

Or, you know, go completely the other way.

20. Lurknomore

Lurknomore Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 18, 2014
  21. Lord_Anzeroth

Lord_Anzeroth Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2013
    Dammit Disney!

Fine, some of the EU content was not good, and I can accept new content being made.
    But for crying out loud, don't destroy Thrawn, Revan, Bane, Plagueis etc. Keep some EU stories canon and some not canon. Don't completely erase the ones that already exist and replace them with new ones.

What does that mean?
    If Thrawn remains under the Star Wars Legends, does that mean that Thrawn actually existed as a person in the GFFA?

22. Lurknomore

Lurknomore Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 18, 2014

Well, I took the brand name "Star Wars Legends" to mean that even if Thrawn himself doesn't exist in the GFFA, the story of Thrawn exists and is known by everybody. Like a popular myth.

I don't know, though. They should have been more specific about the relationship between "Star Wars Legends" and "Star Wars" as universes.

23. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    That seems a bit of wishful thinking (plus more than a little confusing, Thrawn as a fictional character?). Its an awfully detailed legend!

I read "legends" as a polite way of saying "Alternate Universe" :(

RIP EU: 1976-2014

@};-

24. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Sadly that's the way I read it too.

[​IMG]

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  25. Lord_Anzeroth

Lord_Anzeroth Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2013