main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V The Force Awakens and the EU [TAGGED spoilers.]

Discussion in 'Literature' started by TypoCelchu, Oct 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ordo Skirata

Ordo Skirata Jedi Master star 2

Sep 3, 2012
    You shoudn't post stuff like that, it'll give them ideas.

"Look here, fans don't want dark and gritty. What they really want is Skyguy and R-Tooie."

2. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    uh no we dont.

3. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    In good old George fashion, they'll say making Ahsoka the protagonist was their vision all along, and that the video clips we've seen so far were deliberate red herrings, like Solid Snake being made out to be the MGS2 protagonist.

Edit: Did I just compare Ahsoka turning out to be 1313's main character to Raiden? I... I don't know which I feel is worse. [face_plain]

4. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    So, new rumors here

Solo child and grandchild the possible focus of ST. :)

Also, maybe new Zahn books in the pipeline???

5. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    It would be BEYOND hilarious if after all this panicking, the ST stayed consonant with the EU after all.

Ice1605, Zorrixor, Ulicus and 8 others like this.
  6. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    It's what I've been saying all along :D

I can't wait for all the movie purists to be forced to accept the EU. :D [face_devil]

7. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    I'm not going to dance a jig in the EVII forum just yet, but let's just say I'm practicing...

[face_dancing][face_dancing][face_dancing]

Summer Dreamer and Sinrebirth like this.
  8. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    I can't wait for us to meet their new secret never before seen child, George Solo and his son Lucas Solo... ;)

In all seriousness, if Jaina is a major star in all this, that would be fantastic news.

9. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Just to be my usual contrarian self, even if the movie is about characters named Jaina and Allana, all sorts of things could still be irretrievably altered. [face_peace]

Ulicus and kubricklynch like this.
  10. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004

as Coop said already... the less EU they incorporate the better. that said, the more they let the EU stay intact nevertheless the better. to boot, they may reference, cameo etc. the EU of course, but only in a respectful way.

I bet it will be about Luke's granddaughter though... whose Mother will stay unknown for a long time till the EU answers it like this:

Ben Skywalker: "Kids, this is the true storry of how I met your mother..."
    ... years later ...
    Ben Skywalker: "And this is how I finally..."

now.. Vestara it could be, with her meeting Ben again, they get close but end up on opposite sites again as in said Force vision.. yet she is pregnant when she leaves him and... later drops the baby at his feet vanishing before he can even say a word.

But Ben not being in the movies needs to be explaind as either him dead.. or busy elsewhere, Mortis maybe. Or MIA till he resurfaces after the Sequels. Not even a death needed.

then this might happen:

Beru Skywalker to her dad Ben: "Oh Dad you are back finally, where were you all these years? Oh by the way.. I had a brush with the Dark Side and kinda.. killed Grandpa and the Solos. Oops, well.. oh and I met a cute boy who redeemed me, you'll meet him later. So how was your trip? Ah wait, I forgot.. do you have any idea why I didn't have my period in like over 6 weeks now? sorry for the rant.. but lets not talk about me, what are your news?"

11. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Like the Empire never fell? I could live with that.

Although given that this is Jaina, they could alter future history so that the Empire never Fel. That would outrage me.

12. Heat

Heat Jedi Master star 1

Apr 5, 2006
    Well, it is still just a rumor, I don't think the big three have contracts now.
    That said, my first thought was 'great, it's Jaina and her kid!' then my second thought was 'maybe it's Jaina and Allana.' I was also excited about the possibility of Zahn doing more books (for Episode VII?).

LOL at Ben and Vestara having a kid, I'm sure Christie Golden is now considering that.

13. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I'm fully expecting the Empire to be the antagonist of the ST (I wouldn't say villain in front of you ;)), if only because, should it take place after FotJ, they have gone out of their way to take Fel away from the throne so the Empire can more or less do what it wants. And then the EU can attribute whatever Imperials are on-screen as a 'prominent faction' after whatever name we're going to give to the Daala vs Fel conflict... 'War of the Three Empires' for all I know.

14. Zorkel567

Zorkel567 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2010
    I so want that to be true. I want Jaina and Allana to be in these movies and for the ST to be in line with the EU. Anybody have an idea of when the first casting info may come out?

Sinrebirth likes this.
  15. Jedi Comedian

Jedi Comedian Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2012
    I can't believe everyone has taken the "one Solo child, one Solo grandchild" rumour without a massive grain of salt.

Seems to me someone just heard a bit about the EU and decided it was interesting enough to be "a rumour".

kubricklynch likes this.
  16. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    What if the Empire never fell or Fel?

17. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Well, that'd obviously be perfectly acceptable.

Not familiar with the subjunctive mood, are you?

18. FatSmel

FatSmel Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 23, 2012
    As long as there are Lightsabers and epic Space Battles i'm happy

19. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
  20. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    damn you, that subtle beard even I like... you got me, I like beards :_|

Dawud786 and Ulicus like this.
  21. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    STAR WARS Episode VII: A GAME OF THRONES... you win, or you die :cool:
    [​IMG]

22. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Dude, seriously. Do not get your hopes up like this. Resign yourself to the death of the EU, so -- in a best case scenario -- you will be pleasantly surprised. :p

Beautiful. Simply beautiful.

23. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Always thought that a Skywalker bloodline child was gonna feature

As long as it's not more of Vader acting like a fool and being punked by Mara I have had enough of that :mad:

24. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    So in other words, you're just hoping Lit can troll the EP7 forum in two years time, in revenge for them trolling Lit. :p

25. FatSmel

FatSmel Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 23, 2012
    A new Zahn trilogy about Thrawn's history with Empire, Car'das & Karrde, maybe the Bfasshi Dark jedi would be awesome. It's a whole story been waiting to be done since HOT came out.
    Things that could really ruin it though:
    - Mara Jade has too big a role and is made to be overly powerful
    - Zahn is forced to give major roles to Han/Luke/Leia --> involving them in the stories i mentioned above^^ would be completely ridiculous and ruin it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.