Lit Disney Wars: Episode 7 and the EU (Spoiler Thread)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by TypoCelchu, Oct 30, 2012.

1. GunganSlayer Jedi Grand Master

star 2

It's an FPS LucasArts has been developing for some time now, and by all accounts it's basically complete, as it was ready to ship this spring over Xbox Arcade, PS Store, and I think Steam. Basically, it's SW Battlefront on a smaller scale. There's a thread or two about it, as well as 1313, over in the Video Games section of the forums.
  2. MistrX Force Ghost

star 4
    Looks pretty. Probably would have been fun, but it's been a while since I've played any SW video game, so not the biggest loss for me either.
  3. AdmiralNick22 Fleet Admiral of Literature

Manager
    star 6
    It is no different when WEG lost the license to WOTC. Projects that are in the works but not yet finsihed often get canceled when new powers step in. Hell, if we should be bitter about anything, it is the loss of the WEG sourcebook that was going to be devoted to Rogue Squadron. What would be more awesome than a sourcebook devoted to the Rebellion's most famous squadron?

--Adm. Nick
  4. CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus

VIP
    star 6
  5. AdmiralNick22 Fleet Admiral of Literature

Manager
    star 6
    Well, I suppose there is one sourcebook I would pick over the Rogue Squadron one... :p

--Adm. Nick
  6. Ghost Chosen One

star 6
    What is Nick going to do when they replace Admiral Ackbar with Admiral Binks in the super-special-edition?
    Zorrixor likes this.
  7. Gorefiend Chosen One

star 5
    The WEG Centrality Sourcebook or the Tapani Gilded Rebellion Campaign? :p
  8. blackmyron Force Ghost

star 5
    Ah, but SW Gamer magazine did a passable Centrality source-article... ;)

But yeah, the loss of the Rogue Squadron SB and the Corporate Sector boxed set is depressing - moreso because WEG went under because of corporate shennanigans (involving the non-game portion of the company).
  9. Gorefiend Chosen One

star 5
    Yeah but that was like 10 pages, not a 100+ sourcebook. :( @ Gamer
  10. Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost

star 4
    The EU becomes an alternate timeline that diverges from the sequel trilogy timeline during the Endor victory celebration... Episode VII introduces a The Doctor-esque character who can hop back and forth between the timelines. Thus the EU as we know it continues, with heightened interest from fans of Episode VII who want to read about the further adventures of The Doctor.
  11. GrandAdmiralJello Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque

Manager
    star 10
    You can still write the Essential Guide to Ackbar, you know...

Chapter One: "Oh Admiral, My Admiral: How Winter and Ackbar's Torrid Romance Made Waves"
  12. Jedi Ben Chosen One

star 6
    I don't think so Jeff, after all what magician repeats a trick so soon? I figure there has to be something but no way are we going to crack it.
    Last edited by Jedi Ben, Mar 15, 2013
  13. Zorrixor Chosen One

star 6
    Well, time travel and alternate dimensions might have been used too recently to not come across cliche, but it's been a few decades since they had someone just step out of the shower, so maybe Abrams'll go back to that. :p

"Wow... I'm glad that was just a Force Vision. Maybe I'd better not flirt with this Mara girl after all."
    Last edited by Zorrixor, Mar 15, 2013
    BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  14. fett 4 Chosen One

star 4
    Its a bit late but my own view on the whole EU thing is that (aside from it's to big and there is much that is not good), I think it will be contradicted for the simple fact that even if they have read the EU, the new writers/people will not care. I think the best chance is that the more well known stuff (ie TTT) may get a nod or referenced but thats it.
  15. Zorrixor Chosen One

star 6
    Pity the old "a lot of it isn't any good" excuse won't be enough reason for them to also jettison Jar Jar and forget half the PT ever happened. :p
    Last edited by Zorrixor, Mar 15, 2013
    WMIRTUTSF and TheRedBlade like this.
  16. JediMatteus Force Ghost

star 4
    what is good is in the eye of the beholder. i mean I thougt Truce at Bakura and New Rebellion was good. Quite a few people don't like it. I loved the NJO series,. many don't.
  17. Zorrixor Chosen One

star 6
    That's indeed the great mystery isn't it?

What's good is impossible to judge objectively... with the exception of Jar Jar Binks, the one and only objectively awful piece of Star Wars, but the one thing that Abrams cannot rid us of. :p
  18. BoromirsFan Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Actually not everyone hates Jar Jar Binks! But don't expect them to ignore anything from the PT. Well they technically "can" because it will happened ages ago. I mean pretty much everyone from the PT films are gone.
  19. Dawud786 Force Ghost

star 4
    The only thing I see as a major hindrance is the whole of the NJO and the Yuuzhan Vong. Enough time has passed that "The Vong Wars" could be referenced in much the same way as "The Clone Wars" were in ANH... BUT, because it's Luke and Co, that's going to be a major mind frack for older audiences who are going to say "when the kark did that happen?" For the newer and completely new fans, it would absolutely work in much the same way. I mean, not even the PT actually shows much of the Clone Wars. The opening battle and glimpses of a few closing battles. The 3 years of galactic war aren't shown. Same with the Galactic Civil War... we get all of 3 battles in a galactic insurgency.

Sort of funny, actually, that while there is plenty of action in every Star Wars film most of the Wars are off screen.
  20. Ghost Chosen One

star 6
    Even the "Vong Wars" don't need a mention.

Just saying that the Rebels formed a new government, and Luke formed a new Jedi Order.
    And of course nothing to contradict the kids.
  21. blackmyron Force Ghost

star 5
    Well, let's not forget the (completely unsupported) rumor that Crucible is supposed to address the upcoming changes, or something. Have we gotten any actual official info on that book recently?

I'm not sure that the Centrality merits a full sourcebook, though.

The Tion Cluster, however.... DEMANDS IT.
  22. Ghost Chosen One

star 6
    The official blurb for CRUCIBLE says some artifact that can warp space and time is involved.
    Last edited by Summer Dreamer, Mar 15, 2013
  23. blackmyron Force Ghost

star 5
    Ah, I see the blurb on Amazon. Well, well... that's certainly interesting...[face_thinking]
  24. Barriss_Coffee Chosen One

star 6
  25. Gorefiend Chosen One

star 5
    Pah you could fill 20 pages alone with Gepta and his minions. ;)
    Last edited by Gorefiend, Mar 15, 2013
    blackmyron likes this.