main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V The Force Awakens and the EU [TAGGED spoilers.]

Discussion in 'Literature' started by TypoCelchu, Oct 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Now that's just a speciesist thing to say... there should be no censoring of Mon Calamari from discussions just because they're not Human. [face_not_talking]

Just thank the Maker your icon isn't a Wookiee, or else think where this conversation would be then. :p

2. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    As long as Mon Cals can be played by human actors, TFN has no problem with them.

Zorrixor likes this.
  3. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Nothing ends a debate about the future of EU canon and the implication of Episode VII better than a discussion about Mon Calamari vaginas and whether or not TFN's code of conduct approves of such things.

This, my friends, is why I still come here. [face_laugh]

--Adm. Nick

kataja, Zorrixor and krtmd like this.
  4. Shadojoker

Shadojoker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 15, 2000
    Indeed this is why we all come here!! Now while I shake the thought of Mon cal..I. can't help but shift my attention to that tanned Twileks who was walking up the steps to the "symphony" on Episode 3..ok enough of that..can't wait for 2015!!

5. Grey1

Grey1 Host: 181st Imperial Discussion Group star 4 VIP

Nov 21, 2000
    I kinda missed that, too, actually.

6. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    So, I picked up the latest Empire magazine in the airport at SFO yesterday. What a boring article. Absolutely zero information about Abrams view or idea for Episode VII.

--Adm. Nick

7. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    It's understandable they are going to be talked about as most of the posters living in the basements probably rarely ever see a woman :p

8. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    At least they know the difference between a Duros and a Chiss. o_O

Zorrixor likes this.
  9. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004

wait for the Sequels... when they have a Thrawn character.. and he IS a Duros cause Chiss are too human looking EU stuff :p

kataja likes this.
  10. Zorkel567

Zorkel567 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2010
    This is what i am afraid of happening now...

[​IMG]

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  11. kataja

kataja Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2007
    But... but... that would contradict the EU! :eek:

12. Zorkel567

Zorkel567 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2010
    Well, Cad Bane already does, so why wouldn't Thrawn?

13. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    He took a species-change surgery.

14. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    Morpheus asked if he takes the blue or the red pill.... that's what happens when he took both!

[​IMG]

15. Rawne

Rawne Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 2, 2008
    Can't. Look. Away.

16. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    This Chiss-Duros thing going on, is amusing to me. I don't know why I find it so humorous!

17. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    None of us do. Which just makes it funnier.

18. cthugha

cthugha Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 24, 2010
    So before this thread becomes entirely kteified and baned and whatnot, here's what I would've said if I had been around when Zorrixor said this:
    This got me thinking. I guess you could actually be right in that they might not choose to put out books and comics in the vein of the current EU, that "continue the story" from the movies, because they might want to do that in other movies, TV series, maybe little short films like in the Marvel movieverse etc.
    But that doesn't mean we don't get any Expanded Universe at all. What if instead of "pushing on the plot" in one direction (as much of the recent EU has been doing) they decide to focus on "expanding" the movies themselves as much as possible -- by telling stories that run parallel to the main plot, exploring the fates of secondary characters (and tertiary characters, and background extras... think Tales from the Mos Eisley Cantina), developing the planets, places and situations seen in the movies in depth...?
    Of course you could see that as just "Battle of Hoth, and oh, more Battle of Hoth", but if done well, I think it could be pretty awesome. Personally, this is the sort of EU that I've always liked best -- the one that adds depth to an existing story (think I, Jedi; WEG sourcebooks; the early Tales anthologies; Invasion) rather than trying to continue that story too far beyond its logical conclusion. So if they go in that direction... I might actually be in again.

19. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    while more expansion of each movie would rock, it'd be a great loss to the overall EU and the characters we came to love! I'd hate this as much as I'd love this. point is though, I doubt it will happen like this because then they'd either ruin their own moviecentric EU with the next movie not being bound by that EU contradicting it (like Marvel and others..). the only solution is an EU as we got it, maybe with more of a grandvision and more blank spots saved for movies like clone war era had once been. Or an EU that explores Eu characters onwards and even far away from the movies while keeping the big cast for movie only and movieexpanding EU only to prevent the most likely contradictions with the next movies using mostly the main cast and less the expansions.thus, more X-Wing, and such spinoffs for the EU with the movies dealing with the Big Three or the NEW big three etc. with the EU like WEG expanding a lot but having non-moviecharacters in the centerstage and moviecast and secondary cast as cameos only, think like Galaxy of Fear did it.

Barriss_Coffee and cthugha like this.
  20. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I still get random 'likes' from that thread.

Amazing how something random becomes a 'thing'.

21. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    I don't... I don't understand.

22. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    THAT is why you FAIL.

23. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    LOL Ulicus just got totally pwned by Ulicus! XD

RC-1991, Darth_Foo and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  24. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    I'm not sure what just happened.

25. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    None of us are. Which just makes Uli weirder.

RC-1991 and Zorrixor like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.