main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V The Force Awakens and the EU [TAGGED spoilers.]

Discussion in 'Literature' started by TypoCelchu, Oct 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    So have I. The only comics I have ever bought were the Dark Empire Trilogy, with the only other comics I own being two of three parts of an old Robin comic that I didn't even know I had until a few years ago.
    So do I. I originally read all off the Bantam books and the NJO through the library, before finally buying many of my favorites last year.
    Not having a job is the main reason why I don't have a lot of the things I want, even though I do have a fair amount of money in form of school loan money that was given back to me by my school, which I still have to pay back.

2. FatSmel

FatSmel Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 23, 2012
    I wasn't questioning it, It just sounded funny to me in the sentence

3. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    The way I threw it in there probably could be construed as funny.

4. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    For a second there I was wondering what the heck you were on about as I thought you were talking about Jar Jar. :oops:

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  5. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Jar Jar Abrams. It has a nice ring to it. The sort of ring your alarm clock makes at 5:30 AM on a Monday.

6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Dammit, woman. Now my head hurts. :p

7. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    [​IMG]

8. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    According to the main page, Kathleen Kennedy could become Disney's new CEO! :D

Coup d'état, now it's Star Wars taking over Disney!

http://theforce.net/latestnews/story/Kathleen_Kennedy_May_Be_Disneys_Next_CEO_151317.asp

9. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    does not sound like she is the front runner, but that would help if she was CEO. They need to slow the schedule of their movie releases. These movies are not going to be any good if they make that many of them. They obviously are not concerned about quality.

10. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    That... is unexpected.

If that actually happens, wow. Even if the EU was still to disappear, I would laugh my socks off at Kennedy pulling a Palpatine and being declared Supreme Chancellor of the Disney Company.

Maybe Chee would be named the new keeper of all Disney canon. :p

11. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Talk about a reversal of fortune.

CeiranHarmony likes this.
  12. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    A strong powerful woman leading a new Repub... er Disney? Kathleen Kennedy for Chief of State of the New Republic!

--Adm. Nick

TheRedBlade and JediMatteus like this.
  13. FatSmel

Sep 23, 2012
    That's a huge assumption, and as long as it's not the exact same team behind every movie then there's no reason why they should suffer at all

Summer Dreamer likes this.
  14. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Yah, I'm totally not onboard the "one movie a years equals bad quality" agrument. That does not automatically mean if they do an annual release it's going to be bad (franchise flicks cranked out under a deadline include "Star Trek 2: The Wrath of Khan", "Aliens" & "X-Men: First Class"). But, on the flipside, it's still Star Wars and even when it's bad it's simply impossible for me to entirely hate something Star Wars.

CooperTFN likes this.
  15. DelRiego

DelRiego Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    It could actually happen!. With the sale (which included 2 of the 4 billion in Disney shares), GL became the second-largest Disney shareholder* behind the Steve Jobs estate. So it could actually be kind of a reverse takeover.[face_thinking]

Quite Palpatinean, if you ask me

*not in size, but the 2nd guy w most shares.

CeiranHarmony and Summer Dreamer like this.
  16. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Lucas is the one who came up with Palpatine's master plan :D [face_devil]

17. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    Kathleen Kennedy to be Disney CEO? Thats crazy!

18. FatSmel

Sep 23, 2012
    I wish I could say the same

*cough*ThCloneWars*cough*

19. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    This is the best news I heard in a long long time!

20. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    So, speaking of Disney owning stuff, what in the Star Wars EU could be used to facilitate a crossover with Marvel? Only Waru? I guess he's as good as any. Patton Oswalt was onto something with the Infinity Gauntlet, though, but that would be from Marvel's side. Hurm.

21. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Really the best news ever !!

Strange as whether she is CEO or not does not effect or change my life in anyway, I feel I'm missing out :(

22. Grand Admiral Crumb

Grand Admiral Crumb Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 25, 2013
    fett 4 Well being already someone from Lucasfilm she might have slightly better attitude towards the EU, than just some stiff at Disney that might nuke it because they don't want to deal with any baggage.

23. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
  24. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    Says a lot more about his take on Trek than his take on Wars. He was clearly a SW fan from the beginning, whereas Trek he did not so much appreciate until he began to actually work on it.

Also says nothing about the EU, sadly. I hope someone can ask him about it somehow, someday.

25. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    I had to double check that was Simon Pegg as... wow. He's seems so different when he's acting serious. :p

As for Abrams, while you've always gotta take any PR stuff with a pinch of salt, I did like the part where he describes his understanding of the difference between Wars and Trek as being the difference between raw science fiction and fantasy/myth, which suggests he's not just going to lens flare Episode 7 up with space battles, but does get the Force and mystical side of stuff too.

I just hope by "myth" he isn't talking about Mortis. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.