main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V The Force Awakens and the EU [TAGGED spoilers.]

Discussion in 'Literature' started by TypoCelchu, Oct 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    Neither did Vader in ROTS, and good guys didn't use green sabers until ROTJ, and before AOTC was released, the EU had no problem giving good guys red sabers and giving villains blue and green sabers.

2. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Given that the introduction video (IIRC) spelled it "Orrelios" as does the packaging of a LEGO toy, which usually get the right spelling for their product, I'd bet it's Orrelios and "Orrelious" is a misspelling, especially since the latter would probably be pronounced "Orr-ell-ee-owse" instead of "Orr-ell-ee-ohs" like it's pronounced in the video.

3. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Give 'em time to fix that.....[face_devil]

4. DarthBarrister

DarthBarrister Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 16, 2014
    He didn't make them either, right?

5. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011

Well, the movies never had bad guys using anything other than red sabers, or good guys using anything other than blue and green sabers until RotS. Maybe the EU should have paid more attention.

6. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004

I don't think the EU was out of bounds by including all colors. I like it, especially in Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2.
    [​IMG]

7. The_Phantom_Calamari

Nov 10, 2011

They weren't, really. But I just can't get too worked up over the movies influencing writers and artists to prefer their villains to use the most angry/threatening color for their glowing instruments of death and dismemberment.

And yellow and orange are dumb colors for sabers. There, I said it.

8. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    [​IMG]
    Yun disagrees.

I'm fond of Ahsoka's shoto's color.
    [​IMG]

TheRedBlade likes this.
  9. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008

Indiana Jones are some of the best action/drama movies of all time. They netted him a big paycheck and a lot of noteriety. The first and the 3rd movies were terrific for their time.

10. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Already posted this in another thread, but it's fairly awesome and Driver is the best thing about it. I hope he keeps the cowboy hat and everything and just says "Outer-SPACE!"

11. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    I'll clarify: I love the Indy movies. I just don't see how he's so much more interesting than Han. They're both two-dimensional serial characters at heart; Indy just happens to be an offscreen scientist.

12. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
    Han underwent a character arc that was pretty much finished by ROTJ, leaving not much to do with him as a character. Indy is the same in every movie by design so lack of character growth isn't an issue!

13. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    By golly, if we get yellow, orange, and pink (not Mace purple) light sabers out of the ST, I'll probably watch it just for that.

We technically got black in clone wars... and one could say the non-special edition OT gave us white ;)

purplerain and DigitalMessiah like this.
  14. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    I would totally be stoked for pink.

purplerain likes this.
  15. The_Phantom_Calamari

Nov 10, 2011

He actually goes through some amount character growth in every movie. The third and fourth movie stand out the most in this regard, but:

Raiders: Indy becomes less of a jerk to Marion and learns to believe in the power of hocus pocus. (I know the prequel makes a mess of this, but I'm talking about just this movie.)

Temple: Indy becomes less of a mercenary and learns to believe in the power of rocks and stuff.

Last Crusade: Indy's daddy issues are resolved.

Crystal Skull: Indy learns that life can still give you new things to be happy about when you're old and wrinkly.

BigAl6ft6 and Revanfan1 like this.
  16. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    Yeah The Last Crusade is really good. Incidentally, they did the opposite of what Lucas wanted when they made that film.

17. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    You're repeating yourself.

18. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    Didn't Lucas also envision Indy having sex with Marion when she was super-underaged because he thought it was funny?

19. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    So I have heard.

Yet apparently he was uncomfortable with Henry Jones Sr. and Henry Jones Jr. sleeping with the same woman.

20. DarthBarrister

Jan 16, 2014
    Wait - what?

21. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    The unsaid back story to Raiders is that Indy was a student of Abner Ravenwood and his underage daughter Marion seduced Indy.

22. Reveen

Reveen Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 4, 2012
    [​IMG]

23. DarthBarrister

Jan 16, 2014
    I don't remember the exact dialogue, but yeah, ok. It was the "super underage" description that, well, made me react like the guy in Reveen's post.

24. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    Underage like 14 and 18-24? I'm not sure what their age difference is supposed to be.

25. karilyan

karilyan Jedi Knight

Jan 8, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.