main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V The Force Awakens and the EU [TAGGED spoilers.]

Discussion in 'Literature' started by TypoCelchu, Oct 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    We are crossing the bridges as we get to them.

What if Kessel is like, many planets. Orbiting a star. Like a star system. Named Kessel.
    Or a lot of star systems. I don't know, an entire sector?

Revanfan1, Rogue Five and CooperTFN like this.
  2. Matt Skywalker

Matt Skywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 26, 2014
    I would love that to be their real names. Bob Calrissian, Joe Palpatine...... Carl the Hutt!

3. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    It's like they somehow tapped into my dreams and made the entire galaxy a set of monarchies... but they miscalibrated their machine and forgot the part where I care about the EU.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

Riv_Shiel, Ryus, Plaristes and 6 others like this.
  4. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    I expect a meltdown every week once new content starts being released.

5. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    So the first couple seasons of TCW, but worse.

6. Lugija

Oct 3, 2009
    Every week, Rebels will sacrifice one OT-era EU character as a redshirt. They won't do anything much, just die and get their bodies burned in lava.

"This week, Pellaeon vs Dash Rendar!"

7. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    That's why I've packed emergency EU packets in my panic room–I expect the commotion will be so great that I'll have to lock myself in there to keep rabid fans from coming in and stealing them. [face_nail_biting]

Valin__Kenobi likes this.
  8. Abadacus

Abadacus Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2014
    Next week: Our heroes visit the capital of Corellia - the gleaming resort city of Tralus - and befriend a young CLPD detective named Corran Horn. He has two lines, then promptly dies in a firefight to allow our heroes to escape.
    I might actually admire this level of trolling.

9. JediKnight75

JediKnight75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 15, 2011
    I may actually like that because it would not be expected and I'm a Corran fan. There would be no way to complain since they've already made them selves clear about the EU. Thus this is different than TCW, where they were saying the multimedia project was still canon and would just need a timeline adjustment and we thought everything else canon too. In that case the changes were a litle more irritating.

10. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    While they could go and mass slaughter characters after just saying two lines, I very much doubt it as it provides no commercial return-- read: you don't get to sell as many toys. [face_money_eyes]

Even Piell? Sure, they'll keep killing off redshirts that nobody cared about. But if they re-introduced a character named Corran Horn or Mara Jade, they'd keep them alive for as long as they could milk them for more money, the same way they'll keep popular characters around in Ultimate Marvel or every other rebooted franchise if they think there's money to be made.

BigAl6ft6, Ryus and Revanfan1 like this.
  11. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    As I indicated in the Rebels thread, I see no reason to retcon stuff that's general background info. Well it's not a retcon anymore -- but that's the thing, just because they CAN doesn't mean they should.

We really are going to be left in the situation where we can't know and rely on any damn thing in Star Wars. This is totally different from anything we've ever known. It's not like TCW or even the PT. Yes, the risk was always there but here it seems they're gleeful about ignoring anything we've known.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

Riv_Shiel, Ryus, _Catherine_ and 3 others like this.
  12. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Kessel as an airless rock gave the planet character! Have to read the guide and see the episode but now it feels like another common planet.

Valin__Kenobi and Abadacus like this.
  13. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    I was more bothered by Allston forgetting potato moon blew up when he wrote Outcast.

I'm no longer expecting anything resembling fidelity to the EU after the Legends announcement.

14. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The Glove of Darth Vader series (AKA Jedi Prince) had a slightly different take on Kessel - as noted in instantdeath 's reread:

15. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    Must be little kessel

16. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    I think it had a capital city Kessendra - which was mentioned at least once in JAT.

17. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    You just reminded me that the moffship isn't canon. :(

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

18. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
  19. Lugija

Oct 3, 2009
    In our hearts it will always be canon.

Iron_lord likes this.
  20. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    If they're going by Glove of Darth Vader's depiction of Kessel, there better be Moffships!!!

Revanfan1 and Force Smuggler like this.
  21. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Luceno, we expect to see Tarkin eating moffins and drinking moffee on the moffship on his way to a mofference. You are our only hope.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

22. Matt Skywalker

Apr 26, 2014
    Get the moff out!

23. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Ex-Imperial Governor and Rebel Leader - Mon Moffma :D

24. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    Don't you all get it? There were rumors about Steven Moffat...

25. Matt Skywalker

Apr 26, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.