main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V The Force Awakens and the EU [TAGGED spoilers.]

Discussion in 'Literature' started by TypoCelchu, Oct 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valin__Kenobi

Valin__Kenobi Author: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Praji star 4 VIP

Mar 30, 2004
    Hav, I agree with the general sentiment, but it's still early (relatively). I'm sure there are many new ships they aren't willing to show yet. This is literally only the second official set reveal, if I'm not mistaken.

Hell, in Abrams' Trek the problem was changing way too much about the designs and world, so I doubt we have anything to worry about here.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  2. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001

For a man like him to call others that, I mean... can one have too much irony?

3. TheRedBlade

TheRedBlade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 17, 2007

I prefer to think of the X-Wing as the son of two fathers.
    [​IMG]

4. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Who?

5. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    I agree. It will be interesting to see how this all works itself out.

Michael Bay didn't do a lot of fan pandering when they did the Transformers films - He kept some key elements & characters, but overall gave everything a new look, a new feel, a new story even. Vocal longtime fans seem to have hated it - yet here Bay is, still smiling, seven years and 3.5 billion dollars later. He definitely did his own thing with that franchise.

Now Star Wars of course is a sequel, not a reboot, so there is less room for re imagination, but I do hope they try and give us something fresh. So far we have the Falcon, we have the OT cast minus Lando, we have Tatooine and now we have basically an X-Wing and a pilot. I do guess that big pig/dog thing was at least new :p

Completely unrelated, that Devin guy might be onto something there.

6. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    Who is Devin???

On a side note, I'm disappointed Lando hasn't been announced yet. I mean, we get mouse droids but no Lando?!

Zorrixor and anguirus2003 like this.
  7. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    Meh, he probably went to the Episode VII dedicated forum.

DelRiego and CooperTFN like this.
  8. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    That would've been my guess. We're the modern Algonquin Round Table here at Lit! :p

9. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008

In general, you are right that they seem to be pandering to the OT fanatics(Empire coming back, quest to save Luke rumors etc.), but I think your nitpicking with the X-Wing.

10. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    he was probably talking about me sometimes I forget to breathe

11. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Devin Faraci, the guy who runs badassdigest who originated the Luke's hand rumour. He's also in Jodorowsky's Dune, an excellent documentary that actually shows how an unproduced adaptation of Dune in the 70s went on to influence Alien, Star Wars, Raiders, Flash Gordon, more. Also, since he's throwing around insults, the documentary also reveals that Devin has incredibly comically small stubby fingers.

Valin__Kenobi likes this.
  12. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    So he's crying that we don't believe his rumor. Great. Nobody cares about him anyway.

13. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    So people on this board are dumb for not being gullible and swallowing the rumors spewed by unofficial sources? Makes sense to me.

14. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    so he probably was talking about me

oh well, at least I didn't post that rumor about Luke's hand on my site boy was that silly

15. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Some mumblecore filmmaker beat the Sith out of Faraci a few years back. Faraci was always criticising this filmmaker so they agreed to a boxing match and you can see it online. He's much tougher with his mouth.

16. werpudel

werpudel Jedi Master star 2

Dec 4, 2008
    damn, late to the party, but: Empire of THE HAND anybody? *lol*

@EPVII X-Wing: really looking forward to the inevitable Lego model for it. I only have like four of five Lego X-Wings...

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  17. QuentinGeorge

QuentinGeorge Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 12, 2003
    In an innovative move Episode VII will not make the same mistakes that were made with Episodes I-III. Instead it will be make all new mistakes, like going for pointless design nostalgia, regressing in an area where the Prequels actually succeeded.

So...yeah.

Havac , Riv_Shiel, DelRiego and 6 others like this.
  18. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004

Did anyone over on the EP7 forum believe it? (I refuse to go there to check :p)

If so, then I wouldn't be surprised if this dude is actually laughing because he made it up just to see how many stupid fanboys would swallow it as the truth. (I'm trying to give whoever this dude is the benefit of the doubt, as if he's upset that we didn't believe his stupid rumour, then um, he really must be pretty dense to have ever believed that himself :p)

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  19. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Guys, he was obviously talking about the Episode VII forum. We've all said basically the same things. At least I have. [face_whistling]

Ulicus likes this.
  20. Starkeiller

Starkeiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 5, 2004
    Oh yeah, the ugly film critic guy talking about the book's backstory, right?

21. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    So, he's got stubby fingers, he's ugly, and he got beaten up once. Well, we've certainly demonstrated what a mature forum TFN is.

22. Starkeiller

Starkeiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 5, 2004
    Ugliness is objective, Sir. As is stubbiness of fingers, although I'm not an expert on the matter.

Guxman likes this.
  23. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    Devin Faraci is the most fanboy-butthurt guy on this planet. The only thing less flattering than someone getting really, really desperately angry about something happening in fandom is somebody like Faraci, who gets this ultra-serious righteous indignation about how stupid he thinks something is, simultaneously acting like he's better than whatever it is he's talking about but still caring enough to write about it. I mean, at least the desperately angry people are sort of adorable for how much they care, and at least most people who think Star Wars is stupid now just say it and shrug it off with a chuckle... but Faraci is somehow both, and it makes him look like that chihuahua who thinks he's a pitbull. It's just so very sad.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  24. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Yeah, pretty much. I can't stop laughing.

25. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Let's have a little optimism here. I don't know -- fly casual.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

ThrawnRocks and Gamiel like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.