main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V The Force Awakens and the EU [TAGGED spoilers.]

Discussion in 'Literature' started by TypoCelchu, Oct 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    The image looks like something I saw years ago.

So it must be legit. Someone go inform Latino Review quick!

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  2. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    I wish more things would be like that.

3. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    The whole entire internet knows of the JC's unequivocal insider knowledge of Ep7!

Case in point, Star Wars' Underworld's take on the "new" villain: Episode VII Art Leak Confirmed by Multiple Sources

Specifically:
    So yeah Zor, totally tell every major news source that you know the villain may or may not have a strange lightsaber blade. Oh, and probably a hood too. And that we will probably get a chance to see him fight with it. In a cleared area. Possibly against the protagonists.

Zorrixor likes this.
  4. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
  5. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Holy crap! Today is two years to the day since the Sequel Trilogy was announced and the Disney acquisition was completed.

Maybe they will announce something? Like a title?

--Adm. Nick

6. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    lol
    Remember all the panic? That was fun times.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

7. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I don't think I've quite recovered from it even now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Force Smuggler likes this.
  8. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    Guys what if they reboot the EU?
    (Repeat for 1.5 years)
    Guys they rebooted the EU, what does that mean in practise?
    (Repeat for 6+ months)

Matt Skywalker and Abadacus like this.
  9. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Well the Clone Wars books are/are not canon...

10. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    We did get Palpatine's first name, at least. [face_laugh][face_rofl] [face_laugh][face_rofl] [face_laugh][face_rofl] [face_laugh]

11. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Pfft, I didn't panic. My veins are filled with ice cold Mon Cala water. ;)

To re-post my original post on that fateful day:

I will continue to espouse, as I always do, the following attitude:

[​IMG]

--Adm. Nick

12. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Well obviously you'd think that -- with the Mon Coca Cola being the top monarchists of Star Wars.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

Zorrixor and AdmiralNick22 like this.
  13. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    The Disney deal was one of those "Where were you when you heard about it" moments.

I had a night guard shift from 3 to 6 am. Mostly it was just sitting in the duty officer's chair, making sure the doors were locked and reading Donald Duck comics from the duty officer's desk. At the beginning of the shift I checked my phone and saw this thread.

I wrote something down in my notebook just to remember it: "65 mornings left of service, the clock is 5.45, I sit behind the duty officer's desk and at 3.00 this morning I found out that there's going to be a new Star Wars movie in 2015. Disney has bought Lucasfilm, and there's a lot of worry about the EU's future. So there's that."

14. DelRiego

DelRiego Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    I though it was some piece of bad reporting from tv news. I just shrugged it off until the following morning when I really read about it xD

15. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Scrolling through Facebook on my computer in the family room.

16. cthugha

cthugha Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 24, 2010
    In the tub with my computer. [face_blush]
    Suffice to say, the water was cold by the time I remembered to get out.

17. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Mon Cala is a constitutional monarchy that supported the Galctic Republic and Alliance to Restore the Republic. The Calamarian Council of elected officials holds the real power. :p

You know full well I am only an avowed enemy of absolute monarchs. ;)

--Adm. Nick

18. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Facebook post from a relative on my FB wall when I woke up somewhat pass the crack of noon. Didn't really buy it cuz the link he put up was from one site I didn't know, so I checked out AICN and it was legit. First post in the talkbacks from me was "RIP Star Wars Expanded Universe - 1991 to 2012". Had to work on Disney / Lucasfilm related story when I got into work. Used a picture of Lucas and some stormtroopers which I think was from the ROTS premiere. Registered for TFN forums a few days afterwards (well, make that re-registered, had no bloody clue what my login was from the early 2000-ish era) cuz freakin Episode VII was being made, darnit!!!

19. DelRiego

DelRiego Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Well, you were SO wrong. The EU died well into 2014.

How embarrasing /yoda

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  20. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Too soon! Too soon!

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  21. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    I was in my living room on my laptop and saw it on the SWTOR forums. I thought "yeah right, it's a gag." Then I saw it on another website. Clicked the link. And it was legit and I was like :eek:.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  22. Darth_Garak

Darth_Garak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    It's been two years already? Holy ****. It was late at night and only wanted to check a thread before going to sleep. Sleep was ruined that night (once the thread loaded, the forum traffic was insane).

JediMatteus and Grievousdude like this.
  23. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I can't remember exactly where I was when I found out, but I do remember having a strong desire to discuss it with fellow fans and heading to my LCS to do so.

24. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Well, in my circle of geek friends.... they all couldn't care less. But they do talk about the Marvel movies a lot.

My older cousin, who was a fan from back in the day, is about the only person I know that cares about it (he's pretty enthusiastic about it all). I don't pretend my circle of friends is a good statistical sample, or whatever, but it's always been astonishing to me how little they've been interested in Star Wars (well, one friend was a big fan until the LOTR movies came out, then he dumped the franchise)

Sheesh, at least wait for FFG to stop production or switch to all-Ep7 material or something...

25. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    Happy Halloween all. I am Thor today. I really like Marvel films as well. It would not bother me if Episode 7 was similar in feel at all.

Revanfan1 and Matt Skywalker like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.