main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V The Force Awakens and the EU [TAGGED spoilers.]

Discussion in 'Literature' started by TypoCelchu, Oct 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    That trailer is only infinity times better than the actual film.

2. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    I am now picturing a massive heist team consisting of everyone who ever stole the Death Star plans in the EU, from Kyle Katarn to random guy on the rebel listing outpost from X-Wing.

3. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Reminder to everyone that discussions of the trailer -- whether leaked or through viewings at theaters -- should be behind spoiler tags.

Obviously this only applies to what's in the trailer, not that it exists. Just getting pre-emptive.

4. Grey1

Grey1 Host: 181st Imperial Discussion Group star 4 VIP

Nov 21, 2000
    The most probable thing I could imagine is the old name actually coming up again like so many other old names, or maybe someone in the rumour mill firing blind shots in the dark by digging out those old names and concepts himself. Once the name Montross gets thrown around, sites do their research with google and end up seeing the Legends connection to Mando Montross, not realizing that a Legends character or Legends-based character is highly unlikely.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  5. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003

Bounty hunter or no, he's got to say at some point that he's ON THE HUNT!!!

6. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Katarn's Eleven Thousand.

werpudel, cthugha, WMIRTUTSF and 2 others like this.
  7. DelRiego

DelRiego Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Fake but good effort. I wonder where all the footage came from? Fan Films?

8. Grey1

Grey1 Host: 181st Imperial Discussion Group star 4 VIP

Nov 21, 2000
    People of the internet, good luck not getting spoiled about this trailer. Maybe the gods look favourably upon you and there's a 72 hour power blackout in your area.

Valin__Kenobi likes this.
  9. Vthuil

Jan 3, 2013
    Why exactly do people make these? Especially when they'll be discredited in just a few days?

And I bet a lot of that space battle footage is taken from someone's attempt to update the Battle of Endor.

10. Random Comments

Sep 25, 2012
    For fun, I'd imagine. Enjoying the challenge.

11. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012

There are a few movies in Toronto at the Younge theatre that I wanna check out, bout an hour train ride. Also it would make my weekend significantly less aggravating if I git er done on Friday. Be tonally weird seeing a trailer for Star Wars before "dear white people" but I can dig it!

12. DelRiego

DelRiego Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002

Well, deception is not the only motivation, it's how some deal with anticipation. For example, I'm sure tons of people play the NFL playoffs in videogames or in their heads before they actually happen AND take a bit of pride if the outcome is similar to their imagined one.

13. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    Do the MCU films have the Disney logo beforehand? I don't know why they'd put it on their fake teaser... and definitely not Bad Robot.

Either way, I sure hope Episode VII doesn't get one. If we don't get a Fox fanfare, the least they can do is give us solely the Lucasfilm logo... and if not that, AT LEAST a new, unimposing Disney logo, perhaps with a copycat of the Fox fanfare.

Hell, I don't think it'd be unreasonable for Disney to buy the rights to the Fox fanfare at this point.

14. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Just use the Force theme

15. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    I mean for the movie though. That's fine for the trailer, but the movie... if it's not Fox Fanfare or something which evokes that perfectly, it really shouldn't have any music until the post-GFFA boom.

EDIT: And ultimately, this is what worries me about the movie. Without that perfect atomic alignment at the beginning, can it ever really feel like Star Wars? Can the essence ever really be right? Because, let's be honest: It's not just about making a good movie. It's way more/different than that.

16. Valin__Kenobi

Valin__Kenobi Author: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Praji star 4 VIP

Mar 30, 2004
    Yay! An AMC 15 minutes from me.

Honestly, at this point I'm expecting as much revealed as in that awesome Trek trailer--e.g., nothing whatsoever--so if we get anything beyond a Falcon shot and a bunch of slo-mo OT clips I'll be ecstatic.

The Extreme Moderate likes this.
  17. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I don't think this'll be a 100% only made for the teaser thing, they've shot the whole movie, I doubt the trailer will have any giant vistas, probably just character shots and music and a line of dialouge.

18. Vthuil

Jan 3, 2013
    It's for a Star Wars film; they're definitely going to want to have some "wow!" element to it.

19. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    They finished principle photography, Al, but best guess is that a lot of the effects-heavy sequences aren't finished yet. My guess is we'll see some of the new cast, some of the old, and a shot of the Falcon to top it off.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  20. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    A single shot of the Falcon and somebody igniting a lightsaber could be pretty dangblasted wow and those are the type of shots ILM could probably finish in a weekend in their sleep.

21. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm so anticipating this trailer. After the ROTS teaser trailer, this new trailer has a lot to live up to.

22. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Marvel films don't use the Disney logo, and I can't imagine LFL films will either. They like to treat their franchises as brands. Sensible of them.

23. The_Four_Dot_Elipsis

The_Four_Dot_Elipsis Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 3, 2005

Yeah... and Disney have had a bunch of other companies like Miramax and Touchstone and whatnot and released hundreds of films with no Disney logo beforehand... don't be surprised if it just opens with the LucasFilm logo.

24. Random Comments

Sep 25, 2012
    I definitely wasn't trying to imply deception as the only motivation.
    I did a couple of posters for VII after it was announced, for example, with a few thousand elements in them. Just for fun

DelRiego likes this.
  25. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Nah, everyone else will go out, find the plans, and then in the last 10 minutes, when they return to the Rebel base to announce their success, Kyle Katarn will turn around in his chair, a set of plans in one hand, a lit cigar in the other, and tell them "Nice try, kids, I did this already", then the credits will roll.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.