main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V The Force Awakens and the EU [TAGGED spoilers.]

Discussion in 'Literature' started by TypoCelchu, Oct 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    A smart-arse eh? You know what we do to smart-arses over here? No.... Well, a look of severe disapproval will have to cover it...

[​IMG]

Pfluegermeister, Kylun and Dante1120 like this.
  2. Dante1120

Dante1120 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 5, 2006
    *wilts*

Jedi Ben likes this.
  3. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    We should just pay TLJ for the privilege of sticking up posters on the tube saying: Stand on the right, walk on the left. Everyone would obey!

4. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    Rebels Spoilers:

With the Inquisitor's quick death and replacement on Rebels as the number one villain, I have to wonder if we're being prepared for him to be the new bad guy in Ep. VII. Makes sense that he would have an OCD when it comes to the Sith. He failed them and now must prove himself to his old masters and to himself. I don't think we've seen the last of him one way or another.

5. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I think Filoni's already said that:

the Inquisitor's dead for real - the fall killed him.

6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    It would be nice if the Disney era meant dead people actually stay dead in Star Wars.

Yeah yeah yeah where's the fun in that...

7. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    It would be funny if they hadn't even planned for that to be on the show to begin with.

"Hey Dave, these Latino Review rumors about the Inquisitor being the next film villain are spreading like wildfire across the internet. Do you think we could cash in on these?"
    *Filoni grins wickedly* "I have a better idea."

Gorefiend, WMIRTUTSF, Vthuil and 3 others like this.
  8. Grey1

Grey1 Host: 181st Imperial Discussion Group star 4 VIP

Nov 21, 2000
    I love you.

9. The_Four_Dot_Elipsis

The_Four_Dot_Elipsis Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 3, 2005

The opening is also a direct homage to Marathon Man. Also it has an Odessa File hint to it. Also I think 3 Days of the Condor is a more pertinent Redford link.

Hence riff, not homage. It is still of course a superhero film.

Vthuil and Cynical_Ben like this.
  10. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
  11. Darth Koo

Darth Koo Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 9, 2013
  12. Good_News_Nobody

Good_News_Nobody Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 4, 2011
  13. Darth Koo

Dec 9, 2013
    That is still less books then the Legends timeline between the two periods

14. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Of course they are marking territory and taking money while doing it. Business as usual.

15. Good_News_Nobody

Good_News_Nobody Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 4, 2011
  16. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    I wonder if that ISD was pulled out of the sky.

Zorrixor and DigitalMessiah like this.
  17. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Erm. Thank you for sharing or something?

As far as the books:

A preview story from 3PO's perspective sounds...very...whiny and annoying?

"General Solo just shut me down again. I seem to be made to suffer. It's my lot in life."

I like the idea of retelling the OT from other characters' perspectives, depending on which characters they use; it could be fun.

I have some interest in Moving Target and Smuggler's Run but I'm not familiar with those authors.

I had the thought of their "milking it" when I initially saw this article but hey, plenty of pick and choose from.

Dr. Steve Brule likes this.
  18. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    The Phantom Menace: "What am I? Chopped liver?"

19. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    That was always on the cards the second Disney bought it

20. DelRiego

DelRiego Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002

21. The_Four_Dot_Elipsis

The_Four_Dot_Elipsis Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 3, 2005

Umm... LFL were never too bad at doing it before.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely cherish my Chancellor Valorum action figure, but this is not new for SW.

22. Darth Koo

Dec 9, 2013
    What are the chances that the new Star Wars books post-ROTJ tell similar stories or share similar themes (aka super weapon/imperial warlord of the week, kidnapping of the Solo kids, etc.) of the Legends books.

23. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Fairly low, I'd say, as there won't be as much need for episodic stories if there's a future endpoint in mind.

darklordoftech likes this.
  24. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    Where did that art of the Star Destroyer come from? I'm a little bit in love with that.

25. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    WE'VE GOT MOVIE SIIIIIIGNN!!

http://www.starwars.com/news/rogue-...direct-star-wars-episode-viii?linkId=12857863

"This morning at the Palace of Fine Arts in San Francisco, across the street from Lucasfilm, Disney chairman and CEO Bob Iger hosted a shareholder meeting where he announced news regarding the first Star Wars stand-alone movie as well as Star Wars: Episode VIII.

Rogue One is the title for the first film in a unique series of big-screen adventures that explores the characters and events beyond the core Star Wars saga. Rogue One will be directed by Gareth Edwards (Monsters, Godzilla) and written by Oscar nominee Chris Weitz (Cinderella, About a Boy, Antz). The first actress cast is Felicity Jones, who garnered an Academy Award nomination and critical acclaim for her performance in The Theory of Everything. The idea for the story of Rogue One came from John Knoll, an Academy Award-winning visual effects supervisor and chief creative officer at Industrial Light & Magic. He will executive produce along with Simon Emanuel (The Dark Knight Rises, Fast & Furious 6) and Jason McGatlin (Tintin, War of the Worlds). Kathleen Kennedy and Tony To (Band of Brothers, The Pacific) are on board to produce and John Swartz (Star Wars: The Force Awakens) will co-produce. The film starts shooting this summer in London and is due for release on December 16, 2016.

In addition, Iger confirmed that Rian Johnson will write and direct Star Wars: Episode VIII. The film, which continues the saga after the events of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, is set for release on May 26, 2017 — forty years and a day after the release of Star Wars: A New Hope in 1977. Johnson is widely considered one of cinema’s most gifted young filmmakers, having directed the modern sci-fi classic, Looper, as well as Brick and The Brothers Bloom. He was also behind the camera for three episodes of the critically-acclaimed TV series Breaking Bad, including “Ozymandias,” which series creator Vince Gilligan named as the best installment of the show. Kathleen Kennedy and Ram Bergman, producer of Looper, Don Jon, Brick, and The Brothers Bloom, are on board to produce."

And for those worried: nary a mention of JJ having anything to do with anything.

:D:D:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.