main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V The Force Awakens and the EU [TAGGED spoilers.]

Discussion in 'Literature' started by TypoCelchu, Oct 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    This entire discussion is heretical nonsense. All know the only true deity of the Star Wars universe is its creator, Lord Daiman.

WMIRTUTSF, Zorrixor, Taalcon and 14 others like this.
  2. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    That's not quite how it went. What I remember from Dark Nest, is her telling him (after his "if you can't be a Jedi first, I'm asking you not to be a Jedi at all" speech) that she has to put Sekot first - and him agreeing, and saying "We've known for a while that your destiny lies elsewhere".

3. Riv_Shiel

Riv_Shiel Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2014
    Right. He tells her that if she can't spend all her time on Coruscant she can't be part of the story. Those are the rules.

4. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    That said, he makes it pretty clear when Tenel Ka comes to him to say something similar - that she's earned the lightsaber - she keeps the lightsaber.

It's not to do with spending all the time on Coruscant - after all, most full Jedi spend most of their time on missions, not Coruscant at all. It just has to do with priorities.

Which, as anakinfansince1983 has argued numerous times, have to be "Jedi Code and the people of the galaxy first" - Ki Adi-Mundi had a family - but he put the needs of the many above the needs of the few - making him a vastly better Jedi than those who put "family first".

Jedi Knight Fett and JediMatteus like this.
  5. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    At the same time, though, it is a Troy Denning novel we're talking about here - so the subtext of "if you're not a lightsaber-wielding badass, you can't cut it as a Jedi" is probably not just in people's imaginations, at least in a Doylist sense.

6. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Fair enough. Luke telling someone "they can't cut it as a Jedi" predates Denning though - it began with Tyria Sarkin in the Wraith Squadron books. And he ended up being proven wrong that time.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  7. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    I know something similar was posted earlier in the thread, but that image didn't have the hats :p

[​IMG]

8. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    D D Danger right behind you
    Theres a Lensflare out to Blind you
    What to do, just grab on to some Duck troopers awhoo

9. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    Yeah mentioning Luke giving Tenel Ka a pass just makes the situation more amusing. How would Luke run his spice cartel without the sort of support the Hapes Consortium gave him? Danni Quee had nothing to offer in that regard.

or you could just look at how much the author in question used Hapes vis-a-vis Zonama Sekot.

Trip, Riv_Shiel and Revanfan1 like this.
  10. Good_News_Nobody

Good_News_Nobody Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 4, 2011
    Fantastic! Now everyone will refer to stormtroopers by calling them ducktroopers, Donald Duck-troopers. Ridiculous!

As I already mentioned in one of the threads some time ago, Disney will bombard Star Wars with subliminal messages, mostly hidden references to their own products (and maybe some political ones too). Just look at SW Rebels! I wonder, if this affair with the new helmets is just a coincidence, or some marketing experts actually worked hard on the new design, so that it would look like a duck's beak.

Zorrixor and Cushing's Admirer like this.
  11. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Just wait for them to start jabbering nineteen to the dozen in 'quacking' voices.

12. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    A conspiracy? I considered the same thing, but Disney was not the culprit I had in mind.

I considered this being the reason for the lack of knowledge about ducks in the Star Wars universe: the ducks have been preparing their galactic takeover all along in secret.

Palpatine was just trying to protect the galaxy... but with him defeated, now there is nothing stopping the duck invasion.

13. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    All Palpatine can see are rabbits.

14. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    [​IMG]
    So any clues or good guesses what that Staff thing is supposed to be that she keeps hauling around?

BigAl6ft6 and Ulicus like this.
  15. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    Lightpike.

WMIRTUTSF likes this.
  16. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    I hope not.

17. Good_News_Nobody

Apr 4, 2011
    She massacred a whole tribe of sandmen and... Oh, forget it!

Barriss_Coffee and Zorrixor like this.
  18. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    Fine.

Laserpike.

19. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004

You know what I meant :p

Ulicus likes this.
  20. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    Oh, its more than just any old laserpike.

It confirms that Jakku is indeed Tatooine, and that said laserpike is in fact built from the remains of Darth Maul's lightstaff, which further confirms that Darth Maul is indeed still alive, and that Old Wounds is now the plot for Act 1 of TFA.

Because, like, SuperShadow speaks the truth, or would if he still did that stuff, so maybe Latino Review now, or something, they're always good for rumours too*.

*and by "good" I clearly mean "completely, and utterly bad".

Dante1120, Ulicus , Gorefiend and 3 others like this.
  21. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    Is the super shadow site still down? Aww

22. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    Well, with any luck, he's still planning to spill the beans of hte Mystery Box nearer release. :p

23. Good_News_Nobody

Apr 4, 2011
    But you have to give SS a credit - a new trilogy is going to happen. The troll was persistent.

24. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    Ducktroopers: part of Lucas's plan to introduce the dimension hopping Howard into Star Wars continuity...the real puppet master behind it all (make it so, photoshoppers...).

25. The_Four_Dot_Elipsis

The_Four_Dot_Elipsis Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 3, 2005

Gotta get Seth Green in there somehow.

DarthStymi likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.