main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V The Force Awakens and the EU [TAGGED spoilers.]

Discussion in 'Literature' started by TypoCelchu, Oct 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Note to self: Watch it this Christmas. No, wait...

Write another Holiday Special, and dig out my action figures and reenact it!

darthzac14 likes this.
  2. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    You have a Saun Dann action figure? Did you get the Jefferson Starship set? :p

3. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Well... I can be very creative. ;)

4. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Glam neon zuckuss lighting the sky on fire.

5. Zorkel567

Zorkel567 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2010
    Yeah, why is it that we never got a Star Wars: The Holiday Special- Prequel Edition?

6. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    What's this thread about again....? :)

darthzac14 and darklordoftech like this.
  7. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    An in universe Behind the Music for Jefferson Starship? Did Jefferson Airplane exist in the GFFA? Was there a hippy movement? :p

8. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Preserving the integrity of Star Wars, obviously.

9. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    It's about how Episodes VII, VIII, and IX will affect the EU.

10. Darth_Kevin

Aug 30, 2001
    Ok. Just checking.

11. Darth_Kevin

Aug 30, 2001
    Now thinking about it, another plot device that could really throw a wrench into the EU would be if Obi-Wan, Yoda and/or Anakin show up in the sequels as Force ghosts to give Luke or other Jedi guidance.

12. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Not really. The movies have always been clear that they'd always be around to guide Luke. As for why they haven't been involved that much in the post-ROTJ era, it could simply be that Luke didn't need their advice as much, but the threat in the ST is big enough that they feel like they should directly talk to Luke again. And we did have Anakin Skywalker trying to tell Jacen Solo to "stand firm" in the light side in the NJO (which has even more meaning after LOTF).

13. Darth_Kevin

Aug 30, 2001
    As I barely recall, in The Truce at Bakura or HttE, Obi-Wan's ghost says something to the effect that he can't appear anymore to Luke and he's fading into the Force...or something like that.

14. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    I believe it was just that he needed to "rejoin" the Force.

15. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Heir to the Empire- he says he can "no longer postpone his journey to that which lies beyond"

16. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    After everything we've learned about Obi-Wan......... I'm calling that a classic Kenobi cop-out.

I won't be surprised to see him (as Ewan) back in the next film. Where he'll no doubt prove similarly useless by spouting words of wisdom that can only be understood after a few beers from a certain point of view.

Zorrixor and CT-867-5309 like this.
  17. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    I can see that. Only it would be more like "no you should do this or that our way"

18. Darth_Kevin

Aug 30, 2001
    If they put Ewan in the sequels, does that mean they'll release yet another special special special edition of the OT digitally replacing Alec Guiness with Ewan as Force ghost?

19. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    It will probably be Ewan made to look like 60-something Alec Guiness.

20. Darth_Kevin

Aug 30, 2001
    Although I don't recommend it, with modern technology they could probably make a digital Alec Guiness. Perhaps something like Clu in Tron: Legacy, although to me it looked fake not not quite like the young Jeff Bridges.

21. Foltliss

Foltliss Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 19, 2010
    I honestly hope they can progress the story without dragging long-dead characters back from the grave. Let Luke play the role of wise mentor and keep the past as a valuable history lesson. It'd probably also help continuity if they avoided the recent events of the galaxy (read: the last two decades) by keeping them irrelevant to the immediate issue and maybe dropping hints and references to those years as little in-jokes for the EU fans.

TrakNar likes this.
  22. FatSmel

FatSmel Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 23, 2012
    yeah that was stupid

i wish Zahn hadn't have written that in hindsight

Darth_Kevin and Summer Dreamer like this.
  23. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    I agree with this so much and would go even further and say not just the PT but the OT charachters as well. Apart from maybe a small part by Luke as the old wise Jedi, I really can't see the point of having them all back except for the sole purpose of the audience going ooohh look thats Leia and Lando etc.

24. Guy-Gone_Weird

Guy-Gone_Weird Jedi Master star 2

Jul 28, 2003
    They could have Ewan looking like he did around ROTS, and it would be fine. He, Anakin and Yoda are mystical ghost things right now, so who says they can't change their appearance to their younger selves, especially since that is how Anakin appears in the latest version of ROTJ. Not that they should necessarily appear at all.

25. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I still want to smack Hayden for that. He looks so damn out of place. Like some ugly chair shoved into the livingroom to accommodate that one relative that no one really likes and now, in order to get to the bathroom, everyone needs to walk around this chair and relative because they're in the way. Oh, and they keep making stupid comments about the program that everyone is watching and have absolutely nothing of value to contribute to the conversation. That's what Force Ghost Hayden is like.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.