main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL Disney World / Star Tours

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Sabacc, Feb 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Makes sense, AdRic. The Orlando Sentinal had an article about 2 weeks ago also confirming the fact that the ride will be re-vamped. Good news to me.

Today, as reported by Rebelscum, DisneyWorld's UK site has a small mention of, "Star Tours action figures from the ?Star Wars?-inspired attraction developed by Disney and George Lucas." They also feature a very small picture a PotJ carded droid. I suggest this'll be refitted with Saga packaging.

And Cigam, I'd have to say I'd prefer D) A Healthy mixture. I just want another Star Wars ride that has a Star Wars feel. I want the classic imagery but I'm interested in navigating the spacelanes above Coruscant as well. And it's been a while since I made a Kessel Run...

Edit: Good news for those of us without passes to MGM- The toys will be available at the Hasbro Once Upon a Toy store set to open in the Disney Marketplace at the beginning of August!

2. chewbacca1138

chewbacca1138 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    talking about star wars weekends, would neone want to help me report next year for my site????

3. Ia-Bou

Ia-Bou Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2001
    I would like everyone to know that my dad my uncle and two of my best friends all work at disney and both the great movie ride and star tours will be redone with stuff from episode one and two. I know this for sure. My dad works at magic kingdom and helps reprogram rides so he gets to hear some pretty reliable information

4. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Glad to hear it- thanks for the heads up, Bou!

5. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    For those interested, AmericanDreamComics has new detailed pictures of the figures being offered later this year at Star Tours.

6. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Good news:
    Hasbro's Once Upon a Toy has opened in the Disney Marketplace and now has available the first 3 Star Tours figures. They're $10 a pop but exclusive enough for me to be very pleased.
    The buzz is that there will be 2 more waves of 3. The clerk told me she thought a wave would be released about once a month. Kind of neat to see Lake Buena Vista on the back of a carded Star Wars figure...

ps- They have pretty good prices on the somewhat elusive Playskool SW items. I got Stompin' Wampa for $8.
    -Campbell

7. Lord_Gita

Lord_Gita Former TFN FanFilms Staff star 4 VIP

Oct 5, 2000
    What's a stompin wampa?

8. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Part of Playskool's Star Wars Jr. line. Pretty cool super-deformed and inexpensive toys. This set comes with Han, Luke, a tuantaun, and a wampa.
    Other sets feature the Millenium Falcon, Speeder Bikes, the Naboo and X-Wing fighters.

9. Lord_Gita

Lord_Gita Former TFN FanFilms Staff star 4 VIP

Oct 5, 2000
    Ah, ok. :) I've got the Endor one and I thought maybe they made a larger scale Wampa.

10. Mayo_Solo

Mayo_Solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2001
    Stompin Wampa? Cool name. :D

Ok, mesa gonna go finish practicing dance, and telling my sis when to start her hornpipe. I'm not bossy though. :D

11. Ruckus

Ruckus Jedi Master star 3

Apr 2, 2002
    who dug up this old fossil of a thread? Heck orig. date of post 2/5! Holy Nest of Gundarks! Well I went to what was kinda the first Star Wars weekend when Star Tours opened! It was the sweetest Star Wars experience ever! I got Mark Hamill's autograph saw God Lucas and Carrie Fisher. It was sweet!

12. Ruckus

Ruckus Jedi Master star 3

Apr 2, 2002
    who dug up this old fossil of a thread? Heck orig. date of post 2/5! Holy Nest of Gundarks! Well I went to what was kinda the first Star Wars weekend when Star Tours opened! It was the sweetest Star Wars experience ever! I got Mark Hamill's autograph saw God Lucas and Carrie Fisher. It was sweet!

13. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Well, I gotta say, ONCE UPON A TOY has made my Disney shopping a lot easier. Now, instead of traipsing into MGM every time there's something new I just go to the Hasbro shop at Downtown Disney. And right across the way is the big Pin Traders shop so I can check up on any new Star Wars pins. Disney, you done right by me. -Campbell

14. chewbacca1138

chewbacca1138 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    tru! they have everything you can't find newhere else! pretty much...or if they dont, u can wait a little while and finally get it! HEHEHEEHE!

newayz, talking about disney, i need reporters for next year's SWW!! Also, I need old SWW pictures and reports!!

neone interested?!? visit http://swweekends.tripod.com!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.