main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Disneyland Redux, and a Walt Disney quote: "Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. "

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by ValedaKor, Mar 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    Have fun, SR! I wish I could go... maybe next time.

2. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    You're going to do Howl then get up early to do disney? Oy.

I have my christmas party coming up on the 4th in which they close the parks early so that CMS can play in the park with no guests. Huzzah! It lasts until like 1230. 'Twill be fun, but 'twill be cold.

3. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    I won't be staying late at HATM. And I don't have to be up until 8am on Sunday. It will also be a short day at the park. I know I won't stay for fireworks.

If the Castmembers are all enjoying the park then who is operating the attractions? You switch out or something?

4. AniPadmeLurker

Nov 30, 2004
    Exactly. There are 3 days for the party. A "mix in" day which sucks because it's just a ticket into the park. Then two nights where the park is shut down from 8-1230. I'll probably work one night, then get the other one off to go to the party. The nights are really laid back too. CMs can go on rides on their breaks, eat stuff etc...

5. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I had an excellent time in the park yesterday. We rode Haunted Mansion twice. I just love it when they do the Nightmare Before Christmas. Also Small World was great too. My favorite room is the South American one. The tunnel of lights is really pretty.

The funny thing about this trip was I never went into Tomorrowland. How is that even possible? We did DCA and New Orleans Square the most I guess. I probably didn't need to go into Star Trader anyway.

I didn't stay for fireworks but we did get there early enough for breakfast and for dinner it was the chicken plate at Plaza Inn. That was perfect comfort food for a cooler overcast day.

6. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    The Plaza Inn is a nice place to eat. I think the last couple of times we were at the park we went to Blue Bayou. We almost went yesterday but my padawan is working on a project and decided that was more important.

7. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    What does MOO stand for?

8. AniPadmeLurker

Nov 30, 2004
    Marine Observation Outpost. Place where the claustraphobic and those not physically able to board a sub are brought to.

My spiel:

"Through the use of an aquacam, the people that come into the MOO are able to tag along on a submarine ride and see what the other voyagers see.
    Now let's see if I can't get the captain and connect us. Captain? Neptune one, can you hear me?"

"Neptune one. G-day outpost"

"Gday"

And my job is done.

9. AniPadmeLurker

Nov 30, 2004
    Yay! I'm going tonight! Oh wait...I'm here now too....ah. Anyways. Private party tonight for Cast members and family only. My plans? Possibly some DCA action, Jedi training academy, Buzz Lightyear, Star Tours, and Pooh. Why? Because the one I'm going with tonight has not seen a couple of those things. Definitely NO NEMO.

10. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    How was your party, APL?

Sorry, this is DH, not JR.

11. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Well you see she hasn't posted today so I would say it was pretty darn good.

I'm going to DL on Sunday. I'm happy to go but I probably should stay home instead and do some things I need to do around the apartment. Ah to heck with that.

12. AniPadmeLurker

Nov 30, 2004
    You probably won't see me on Sun. SR, since you dislike Buzz Lightyear. I'm the night lead.

Party was good. I'm tired. I have a morning shift today so I'm a bit tired. Thank God for coffee. I slept five hours, which is ok. I've had worse nights with less sleep. Plus I'm at buzz today.

Had a great time. Rode Haunted Mansion, Star Tours, Buzz and Pooh (JY's first time), Honey I Shrunk the Audience, and It's a Small World Holiday (Watched the cool projections on the building). Ate at Pizza Port for old time's sake. JY bought some disney/star wars action figures and attempted to buy and FX lightsaber but that's a story for another time. Kinda cold but a good night. Tiki room was closed which did not sit well with us.

Oh and the River Belle Terrace is closed until the 15th, the place with the ribs.

13. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Well if the mos (the o is long) want to go then I guess I'll be on Buzz if not then see ya.

14. JediVixen

JediVixen Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 18, 2001
    My brother purchased a couple of the Teachers DL discounted passes.
    They expire on the 15th.
    I presume it is better to go on weekdays - or is it worthwhile to
    put up with the weekend crowds? Anything different happening on
    the weekends during December?

Thanks!

15. AniPadmeLurker

Nov 30, 2004
    Weekdays definitely.

16. ScootyPuffJr

ScootyPuffJr Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 11, 2007
    Wednesdays are usually really good, or Thursdays. If you can make it the Tu-We-Thu hump, it's generally better.

Mary

17. JediVixen

JediVixen Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 18, 2001
    Thanks!!

18. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    So I'll be there at 9am for breakfast again. Then I don't know what I'll be doing no one has put up the itinerary yet. I do know I want to stay and watch it snow.

19. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Where am I going? I'm going to Disneyland! I hope it isn't cold or crowded. Yeah, I can wish.

20. AniPadmeLurker

Nov 30, 2004
    It's pretty cold right now.

21. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Yeah, I'll bet it was pretty cold. ;) *sigh*

(at least today it got to like 15 degrees...yesterday, only 10)

22. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    It was snowing here today, but melting when it hit the ground.

Its been in the mid 30's recently.

23. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    It snowed at Disney last night. It wasn't real, but still it was nice. The whole lighting of the castle ceremony is very nice, if you haven't seen that you should if you can. I had a really good time yesterday. APL, I even rode Autopia! I was a passenger. The line for Nemo was super short so we did that too and it was at night so it was a different look. The holiday parade was ok, short though I thought.

I also ate too much while I was there.

24. AniPadmeLurker

Nov 30, 2004
    yeah you even rode Autopia, but not Buzz.:_|

The Christmas Fantasy parade is pretty cool... and everyone loves the snow.

25. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    At our largest yesterday, we were a group of 11. It is hard to get everyone to agree on something and I'm not pushy so I didn't push the Buzz thing. Jeff forced me to do Autopia and so he drove while I watched the scenery.

There is one thing though I don't like about some people in the group I go with and that's how they always try to one up each other in how much they know about Disneyland. If you have eaten at Club 33 then you are royalty. Don't you hate it APL when people come up to you and start talking your lingo? Last night on Storybook Land we had a driver on his fisrt run. One of our members started talking to him as he was doing his job about how he did on his PAs whatever that means. I don't care, but this guy Ryan feels he needs to impress everyone with his indepth knowledge of castmember inside info.

Another story was about how he got to go backstage and saw the westside employee breakroom eating place or whatever, you would have thought he had just seen the Great Wall of China or something. I was like dude? It's just were people at work eat. It isn't special. Some people must treat you like a god APL. How does that feel?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.