main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Disneyland Redux, and a Walt Disney quote: "Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. "

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by ValedaKor, Mar 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    Excellent! I haven't seen anybody in ages.

2. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    But SR, he's been working on our lot! [face_whistling]

3. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    Thanks APL. I wasn't sure you would be on line before your edit period was over and I knew JR would be able to do it.

JB, is he really there? Take pictures! There I go with my pasty Brit obsession again.

4. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    DH -- I haven't seen him yet, and if I took pics I'd have to kiss my job goodbye. So, if I see him I'll have to take pictures with my mind's eye...

If anyone cares, I saw Adam Sandler playing basketball in our athletic club on Monday. He didn't care that I stared, although mostly it was kinda bright and I was trying to adjust my eyes more than check him out.

5. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Sorry, JB. I forgot about that policy.

I'm not a big Adam Sandler fan but it's still pretty cool.

6. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Back on topic, my pass runs out at the end of next month. Will I renew???

7. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Of course you will!

8. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I tried to renew my pass online and they told me I needed to wait until after the 21st because I can only renew 30 days before my old pass runs out. They say you get to pick what your pass will look like if you do it online. I think I'm going to get the Mickey wearing a suit and top hat. It looks pretty cute.

9. Jedi_Devi

Jedi_Devi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 27, 2003
    Skyryder, I am so down for a group Pirates 2 thing. I have the crazy pass for Disneyland and was planning to go stand outside for the premiere, but this should be a shindig thing with the peeps. :)

10. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    Good luck with the Pirates 2 premiere..lol. I'll let you guys know if I hear anything essential about it...ie where to go when to get there etc.. I *might voluntear to work the "red carpet."

In other news, the next time y'all come into the park, check out the sub Lagoon. They've floated the half remade subs into the water to finish the inside and it looks pretty cool from far away.

11. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    What can you see if you ride the Matterhorn?

12. AniPadmeLurker

Nov 30, 2004
    A quick blur then you'll feel some pain in your neck from trying to look. Oh, in the line or on it? IN line, jack. Go on the monorail, you'll see TONS. Also, possibly some from Innoventions top level, but I doubt it.

13. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Monorail goes too fast. You really can see a lot from Matterhorn. The last time I rode it I was pretty excited to see all the construction behind the wall. I almost waited in line again just to see it more.

14. AniPadmeLurker

Nov 30, 2004
    I mean the monorail cue. The line. They have a giant wall up with flaps you can see out of. Plus when you walk up the escalator you can see. At certain parts of the Auto track you can see it...of course I can see it REALLY well..tehehe. There's also some disney sites, like Disney Geek that have good pictures up.

15. Jedi_Devi

Jedi_Devi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 27, 2003
    APL, be sure to let me know the details! I gotta go to that premiere. I go to like, every premiere with an actor I like, so this is NO exception. *_* The peeps here know how obsessed I was with Pirates of the Caribbean.

DH, you're not the only one with a pasty Brit obsession. Mmmmmmm.

16. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I renewed my pass for another year. I did it Saturday and got it yesterday. That was pretty fast. I got the Mickey wearing a top hat.

17. AniPadmeLurker

Nov 30, 2004
    coolness SR. I got a letter in the mail today stating that I can get 35% off disney stuff as of the 10th, since I will be celebrating my 3rd year at the Mouse. Hooray for me.:rolleyes:

I mean...[face_dancing]

18. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    I want to go to Disneyland, really I do, but at $59 for adults and $49 for kids, Its soooooooo expensive that its hard to justify. Anyone know of a way to get lower priced tix?
    Thanks!

19. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I can get you $10 off at Sony. Not a big discount but something.

I will be at the park this Sunday I think. A coworker friend of mine is going with some friends non Sony people who I do know and I sort of invited myself to go along with them.

I don't know if I should have done that because in a sad way I think it was a double date sort of thing and I'm odd man out because I'm 31 and no one loves me!

20. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    APL... you work at Disneyland? :oops:

I have seen you SO many times. I think I even asked you where someone was last month.

My pass expired last month, but I haven't had the moolah to renew it. However, I dropped some major hints to my dad that renewing my pass would be an awesome birthday present this month, so we'll see. ;)

21. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    Yeah, if you only knew someone who worked there.....hmmm.

22. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    I'm going to D-land right now!

23. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    I just peed on myself.

24. AniPadmeLurker

Nov 30, 2004
    Really? Hmmm...

Oh and BTW, JT...I would help out with the tickets but I know that there are other companies, such as SR's or even the disney store for that matter, that get a better discount. I only get about 8 bucks off tickets.

25. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    I went all the way back to my office to pick up a discount ticket for my wife's friend, but they were all out. Today is a blackout day for our cheapo SoCal Select Annual Pass, so we paid $30 for a black out ticket. The guy at the ticket counter said we can upgrade out Annual Pass up to the next level and told us to go the "Bank" to get it. We go to the "Bank" and they said we will have to pay an extra $20 since they raised the price of the SoCal Select from when we bought it $99 to $119. So we got a$$ed out twice today. But it's ok. We had a good time. I still like the fireworks show a lot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.