main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So CO Disneyland Star Wars Fan Day #2 June 24, 2006

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Tev_Torbek, Jan 11, 2006.

1. Tev_Torbek

Tev_Torbek Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 19, 2004
    ok I saw this posted on the Sac Valley boards. From what I gather, they did this last year in protest over Disney not doing anything Star Wars for the fans on the West Coast. They plan on selling t-shirts which, once LFL approves it, all the proceeds will go to the American Cancer Society. I know Disneyland is a ways away, but it's a lot closer than Disney World. They plan on doing a group picture in front of Cinderella's Castle. I guess last years made it into Bantha Tracks on line. I'll see if I can get the gal who posted it there to post here. Here is the website:

http://www.ocstarwars.com/disneysw/

Check it out.

2. Tev_Torbek

Oct 19, 2004
    You mean nobody wants to go to Disenyland???

3. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    Wow. I'm behind on my board lurking. Didn't even see the original thread. :eek:

Not really too big on the Mickey Mouse thang. I know the Ninjas talked about getting together this year at Disneyworld's Star Wars weekends (plane tix to Orlando are about the same as San Diego), but we kinda sunk that idea after we found out that it's not so much Star Wars as it is them drumming up publicity for their Star Wars ride that takes 3 hours of standing in line to get into. [face_plain] I think we're leaning more towards going to Dragon*con this year.

4. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    I believe southwest is gonna start flying to San diego here soon. when that happens its gonna be freaking cheap to fly there. ZOO will know for sure.

5. RubberDuckTape

RubberDuckTape Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 27, 2003
    Someday we'll have to bite the bullet and take the ewok to the "D" world...probably soon since she now loves the Princesses and would almost enjoy the rides...

We can con my parents into going too, since they went there for their 25th anniversary and then we have brothers to use to hold spots in line. ;)

6. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    Um, well, Keeka has lifetime passes into D-land since they live like 15 minutes away from it. Legoland isn't too far from D-land either.

7. Kaety

Kaety Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2005
    I can't wait to go to Disney World again! We're planning for 2 years from now because the girls will be old enough to ride the bigger rides but still young enough to enjoy the princess stuff. We wanted to go back to Hawaii too so we're going to stay at the Disney Polynesian resort as a compromise...

8. Tev_Torbek

Oct 19, 2004
    Disneyland is way better. I went to Disney World, and the Magic Kingdom part really disappointed me majorly.