Disneyland Star Wars Fan Day #2 - June 25, 2006

Discussion in 'San Diego, CA' started by BobaFett-MP, Jan 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobaFett-MP Jedi Master

star 4
    Website is online! - http://www.disneylandstarwars.com

Hey there San Diego! Made a seperate thread to split the dates. June 24, 2006 is this year's Second Annual Unofficial Disneyland Star Wars Fan Day... or UDSWFD if you really don't want to say all that. Last year's even was a great success with over 100 people and $100 raised for the American Cancer Society!
    This year, were already starting the main push for the event and have already annouced it on about 25 forums and still going. We're going to get it into magazines, newspapers, radio stations, even TV shows if we can! So start spreading the word and making planes for June 24, 2006 at Disneyland!

Once again, the Fan Force lunch will be at the Pizza Port at 12pm. It was a lot of fun last time chatting with you all at the lunch, so we'll do it again! There are some special things planned, barring unforeseen changes which is why we're keeping them secret. But possible Special Guests may show up this time.

We will again be selling shirts, this time we're getting them approved first by LucasFilm so cafepress won't give us troubles, once we get that approval for them, we'll get them up asap. Remember, all proceeds from the shirt go to the American Cancer Society, so you're also buying the shirts for a good cause!

Hope to see you all there!
  2. TI-525 Jedi Knight

star 2
    i hope im out of school by then!!!!!!:D
  3. Miana Kenobi Costuming & Props Mod - Retired Admin

Manager
    star 8
    Totally will be there. :D
  4. me-gonk Force Ghost

star 4
    It is our plan to be there.
    Hopefully things go to plan.
  5. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I enjoyed it last year. I'll be there. We will have to bring the "Jedi Pennant" again to do the "Fellowship of the Jedi Pennant." It sure helped us keep together as a large group by following whoever was carrying that blue pennant. Jess bought it but I am the keeper of the Jedi Pennant. :D
  6. Master--Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    [face_laugh] Ahhh, the Pennant... I remember that from last year. You guys just looked sooooo "perfectly Touristy" with it. Glad to know that the tradition will continue and that the Pennant is in good hands with you, Linda!

Hmmm,,, great, now that I'm thinking about Disneyland, I'm craving a Churro!

[face_peace]
  7. DarthBrian Force Ghost

star 4
    I have an Annual Pass now so I'll be there for sure.
  8. TI-525 Jedi Knight

star 2
    well that will be after my school is ended so most likely ill be there
  9. BobaFett-MP Jedi Master

star 4
    Update - LucasFilm has officially approved the image, but they appear to have a new policy that the Sar Wars Logo cannot be sold through any third party company. So, it appears that we will have to make these shirts ourselves and ship them, which will present some problems for us. If any of you guys have ideas on some possible ways we could get these shirts done, please e-mail me at britt@bobafettmp.com It's awesome that we're officially approved for the image, but a bummer that we can't use the easiness of Cafepress.
  10. fett Jedi Knight

star 3
    That's my wedding day.
  11. skywalker_1982 Jedi Master

star 4
    A little tip from the brit
    Do not venture onto the "tower of terror" that ride scares me, even looking at the thing on the disney website makes me feel all light headed. You have got more chance of seeing pigs fly right now than me getting on there again [face_worried]
  12. GreyJedi Force Ghost

star 4
    Britt, you could sell an iron-on of the large graphic and let people make their own shirts. That way you could still collect for the charity.
  13. Miana Kenobi Costuming & Props Mod - Retired Admin

Manager
    star 8
    Didn't help you had to sit next to me and get your eardrums blown out by my screaming! [face_laugh]
  14. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    /\ I've had the pleasure of having Rachel scream in my ear as well on that ride. Its one of the few times I was glad to be somewhat hard of hearing.
  15. GreyJedi Force Ghost

star 4
    I LOVE Tower of Terror! Air time! Woohoo! :D
  16. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I love that ride too. I never get sick or get scared on any ride at any park. I kinda feel jealous of the people who do because they can experience the rides so much more than I can.
  17. Miana Kenobi Costuming & Props Mod - Retired Admin

Manager
    star 8
    At least I warned you. ;)
  18. skywalker_1982 Jedi Master

star 4
    I know exactly what you are on about linda cause every snap shot I saw of you on a ride at disneyland you are just sitting there as if you are in the comfort of your own home watching tv. :p

Considering all the star wars films are now complete I tell you what will be worth doing for the star wars days at disneyland to get a sort of petition in place to see if they can update the star tours ride, I just think its rather out of date and boring keep flying to endor all the while it may get somewhere or it may not but I mean disney must pay attention to customer feedback.
  19. jawajames FF Pacific RSA President/Chapter Rep San Diego, CA

Manager
    star 6
    they keep flying to endor... but they still haven't gotten there...
  20. BobaFett-MP Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, this time make sure you guys check out the marquee that's under the main video screen in the room with C-3PO and R2-D2... it has a message on there how "Soon Endor won't be the end-all destination..."
  21. jawajames FF Pacific RSA President/Chapter Rep San Diego, CA

Manager
    star 6
    i noticed that in december.. as well as Geonosis being mentioned on the gate assignment boards.
  22. skywalker_1982 Jedi Master

star 4
    That is true though they never do make it to endor, was just an idea that is all cause there is alot of people that agree with the fact it needs to be updated I think the idea of being onboard a starfighter from rots on the way to rescue palpatine, dodging buzz droids and so forth would be interesting.
    I think donnas idea of doing iron-on transfers for the t-shirts is a very good idea for star wars fan day I know all proceeds go towards a charity but I think it would be a more simple and cheaper option.
  23. me-gonk Force Ghost

star 4
    Iron-ons can be put on bags and stuff too for those of us who are at the point where their closet is too full of t-shirts LOL
  24. skywalker_1982 Jedi Master

star 4
    Thing is with iron ons you would need to write up a list of whos attending with their address so they can be sent to them or unless someone would go to disneyland armed with a iron and a in-car convertor.
  25. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Is the "Tower of Terror" like the elevator in ROTS? ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.