San Diego, CA Disneyland Star Wars Fan Day #2 - June 25, 2006

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by BobaFett-MP, Jan 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ManaByte Chosen One

star 4
    Going on Pooh with the munchkins was fun. Even though that ride annoys Brian. [face_laugh]
  2. me-gonk Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks for going on it with us :)
    That A/C was amazing LOL
  3. Skyryder Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I did Pooh too. Trying to kill time really. I just want to know what was in Pooh's honey to make him dream like that?
  4. JediLarryB Jedi Master

star 2
    Feel free to pilfer!
  5. ManaByte Chosen One

star 4
    [image=http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/7636/picture1620fx.jpg]
  6. ManaByte Chosen One

star 4
    [image=http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/2662/picture1654kb.jpg]
    [image=http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/8180/picture1637mp.jpg]
    [image=http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/5025/picture1641sm.jpg]
  7. me-gonk Force Ghost

star 4
    Grrrrr.......I wanted to be there sooo bad.....:mad:

:p

I have that watch from your second shot. It's really cool. Too bad I can't tell time on an analog watch to save my life. I still have to count around the thing to do it.
  8. FLY_JEDI Jedi Master

star 2
    I agree. The watch was very nice. Well worth the $10 (plus the $70 in other store purchases)for it. I wanted to buy one, but couldn't justify enough purchases to meet the minimum.
  9. me-gonk Force Ghost

star 4
    We had a coupon for 20% off a purchase from renewing our passes which made one of those Japanese model kits (have no idea how to spell it) seem affordable at Star Traders. It did take off like $20 so it wasn't too bad. That put us at the price range to get the watch ;)
  10. JediLarryB Jedi Master

star 2
    With a new 50th anniversary t-shirt, a large Sorcerer Mickey plush, a small Jedi Mickey plushie, C-3PO and R2-D2 figures, and a Rebel Blaster, I spent enough to qualify for the watch, which is very cool.
  11. JediG60racer Force Ghost

star 4
    Am still here at Disney... decided to take advantage of the SW day, and make a three day family trip out of it. Jay has been amazingly good, started to melt down tonight at 10:30pm while in line at Small World, but other than that he's been wonderful. We've had so much fun! took tons of pics, will edit them (and video) when I get home tomorrow and post them up.

12. jess_squared Jedi Knight

star 2
    Pictures! :D

http://www.jess-squared.com/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=swdl06

I still need to scan the ride pictures from Space Mountain and HTH, though.

Enjoy. :)
  13. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    /\ Great pictures Jess!
    Where exactly did you run into Brendan? I barely got Collin back to the car he was asleep on his feet.

My Disneyland Pictures, #42-74 in this album:

http://public.fotki.com/MaraJade/disneyland/page2.html
  14. jess_squared Jedi Knight

star 2
    Ran into Brendan in front of the candy shop on Main Street as I was heading inside it to grab a gift for the associate pastor at my church. She's a chocolate addict so Kristina and I thought chocolate would be good. :D
  15. Master--Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Um...Mana, since that was a really strange post to see in the middle of this... I really hope that that wasn't directed at me...I was involved in a MAJOR car wreck on Friday, the 16th....AND I did get off of the EV and walked through PotC... in fact there were a lot of things I didn't go on because of my injuries. The very few (4 total in 5 days at the park) I did go on I walked in with everyone else.....

In fact seeing Disneyland from a EV is a really sucky way to see it..MAJORLY sucky infact..and being on Vicodine and Naproxine also wasn't the most fun thing in the universe. Since I rode up on an EV at the pic (and then got off of it for the pic)..like I said..Im hoping this wasn't directed at me..

Also, working in Special Education...not ALL disabilities can be seen immediately. Faking an injury may get you thrown out of the park (and rightly so).. But accusing someone with a true injury or disabiity of faking it means that you are diagnosing. That WILL get you in more legal trouble than you can imagine with ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act). So, no matter if it was directed at me or not...if you are not qualified to diagnose, you may not want to go there when you see someone in a wheelchair, on a EV, or even walking into the handicapped entrance without a cane or any visible needs.

Ok, off soapbox now.. but I am a legal Avocate for Special Needs, so that is why I felt that I needed to respond. To everyone else here at San Diego..sorry about the rant..(Just we as Advocates fight misinformation all the time and, hopefully, enlighten the public about disabilities..)..

Thanks,

Kim

16. Master--Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok, sorry about that..EVERYONE ELSE>...what an incredible turnout!!!!!

Glad to see everyone..and planning to be at ComicCon no matter what!!!

(Like I told the ambulance driver about SW Day.. I don't care if you strap me to this gurney and ship me down south..I gotta be at Disneyland [next] weekend!!)
  17. ManaByte Chosen One

star 4
    It wasn't directed at you at all.

There was someone (IN OUR CLUB) faking a broken leg with a brace and using that, with their friends, to bypass every line in the park.

I personally feel that this person shouldn't be associated with our club anymore.
  18. TionneHawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    You had better avoid any more "Imperial entanglements" Master K. I'm counting on your to be at Comic Con next month. [:D]
  19. Master--Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Thank you for the clarification...but still, unless you know for certain that someone is completely faking...(people can walk on broken legs...I have a student that literally ran arouhnd for over a week on with a broken leg, before x-rays revealed it..andthen they put her in a walking splint/cast) you might want to be careful about diagnosing. Again, just from my Advocacy background, best to err on the side of caution. But thanks for the explanation of the post.
  20. ManaByte Chosen One

star 4
    We are 100% certain this person was faking the injury.
  21. Master--Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4

'LOL, that I will be doing! (Both avoiding anymore entanglements AND going to Comic Con!!)

22. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Glad to hear you're OK, Kim. [:D]
  23. DarkLordSid Jedi Master

star 4
    Weelllll, she still ain't right in th' head...

*snickers*

24. TionneHawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Are any of us "right in th' head?" :confused:
    8-}

25. Master--Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks Matt...will take more than a Chevy Pickup and Order 66 to take me out!! :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.